Signed by Cowboys Mike Solari new OL coach

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does it make me sound old if I said I remember him from his first stint with the Cowboys?
giphy.gif

Jarntt

Reaction score
The rest of the league is hiring guys in their 30's and 40's. Jerry knows the sweet spot is social security eligible

garyv

Reaction score

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/mike-solari-seahawks-had-little-choice-but-to-part-ways

Looking at the numbers holistically, the Seahawks were consistently average in the run blocking department under Solari's tutelage. Outstanding play at the running back position as well as Wilson's legs elevated the team's rushing yardage totals more than blocking by the offensive line did and considering the investments made by the front office, the group didn't quite perform up to standard and couldn't quite get over the hump of mediocrity.

XXLMike

Reaction score
He was terrible in Seattle - moves like this will see MM as a guest on CBS game day week 12 after Dan Quinn is named interim HC.

Jarntt

Reaction score
This reinforces my belief that Brian Schottenheimer will be the new offensive coordinator.
There are worse choices I guess. He was OC when RW had his best seasons and his NFL stints ended with team overhauls and dysfunction - after Urban Meyer, after Rex Ryan and in Seattle after Wilson seemed to start sucking he was blamed.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Unless im remembering wrong, i thought Seattles oline was garbage during this time and saw Wilson running for his life quite often
They where okay against the run but spotty at best in pass protection.

Some of it was no talent (Duane Brown who was pushing mid 30s at the time was by far their best lineman). That's why Wilson was vocal in the 2020 season about how they needed to better at the line (front office wasn't using day 1 or day 2 picks on o-line and they weren't signing legit o-line talent in free agency)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/mike-solari-seahawks-had-little-choice-but-to-part-ways

Looking at the numbers holistically, the Seahawks were consistently average in the run blocking department under Solari's tutelage. Outstanding play at the running back position as well as Wilson's legs elevated the team's rushing yardage totals more than blocking by the offensive line did and considering the investments made by the front office, the group didn't quite perform up to standard and couldn't quite get over the hump of mediocrity.
That statement is just hilarious.

:lmao:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are worse choices I guess. He was OC when RW had his best seasons and his NFL stints ended with team overhauls and dysfunction - after Urban Meyer, after Rex Ryan and in Seattle after Wilson seemed to start sucking he was blamed.
Yeah. I’m thinking he took the fall for that goal line pass in the Super Bowl but I’ll have to recheck.

Nah. Just checked, that was Bevell.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I hate this hire, they should of gotten more of a modern OL coach who excels in today's concepts, not one 30 years ago. Solari has always been a good coach, but he is totally old schooled.