Mike Tomlin...fined 100k

Keifer

Reaction score
Does anyone believe Tomlin was just watching the jumbo tron on that return yesterday?
I can see Schwartz or Carroll doing something like that but I'm pretty dissapointed that Mike Tomlin would stoop to that level, I have always respected the guy as a coach and thought he would be above doing something like that.

Reaction score
I suspect Tomlin may get a hefty fine for that little manouvre he pulled last night.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Just run into him. That would draw the flag that should have been thrown in the first place.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I suspect Tomlin may get a hefty fine for that little manouvre he pulled last night.

I think they should sit him for a game with 1/16th of his annual pay docked just as they would do for a suspended player.

I think this is one of those scenarios where the repercussions after the game are enough to deter people from even trying. Can you imagine what they would do to a player who ran off the sideline and tackled a guy on a breakaway? I wonder how far they'd go with punishing him. Tomlin didn't do that but he definitely altered Jones' path, which may have give the defender the angle necessary at the end to make the tackle.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whatever they do, I hope it's significant. It's ridiculous.

I'd be disgusted with the organization if the Cowboys ever pulled anything so classless.

Shunpike

Reaction score
Pretty classless move by Tomlin. He was one of the coaches I respected. I am surprised the way he acted.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Why wasn't he flagged during the game? The ref ran between him and the rest of the sideline.

Exactly, Pittsburgh gets off those calls, why ? If that was Jason Garrett or Rod M , imagine?

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What did Tomlin do

Not too many decent youtube clips yet, better to find the whole video, but here's what everyone's talking about.

It was obvious from the wider angle just how much he got in the way on the return. It was significant.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Ya he did it on purpose for sure. I didnt think he'd do something like that though. I liked tomlin. It was a touchdown saving stunt/tackle. Lol

joseephuss

Reaction score
Ya he did it on purpose for sure. I didnt think he'd do something like that though. I liked tomlin. It was a touchdown saving stunt/tackle. Lol

Even if it was not on purpose it should have been flagged. Bad officiating is plaguing the NFL.

dstovall5

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I laughed my butt off when I seen this. The smile at the end just takes it over the top, pretty hilarious if you ask me. His smile was like, "Lol scrub, I caused you to get tackled AND I didn't even draw a penalty."

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
He shouldn't be even on the white area , but he was on the green turf. All when he is apparently looking at jumbotron.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
If I were returning that ball I would have nailed Tomlin in the back. The ref would have to flag that or award the touchdown.