Mike Vrabel as our next DC?

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
He would be the one outside guy that might be interested. With a lame duck coach he could look at it like either getting the head job next year or auditioning for next year's openings.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Doesn't he run a 3-4? Is he known to be fine with a 4-3?

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I can't see it. Mccarthy has to know Vrabel would be the immediate favorite to replace him if he got fired. This would be a jerry move to hire him, and mccarthy might as well quit at that point

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Opinions? Yay? Nay? I know Joe Whitt is the first name people are thinking of if Al Harris follows Quinn as he said he would. But I'm wondering if there's any interest in Vrabel.
According to Pauline's rumor this morning, Vrabel was leaning towards taking the year off. Also, don't think MM would accept him as his DC fearing for his job, but you never know with Jerry as he has forced assistants on coaches before.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Opinions? Yay? Nay? I know Joe Whitt is the first name people are thinking of if Al Harris follows Quinn as he said he would. But I'm wondering if there's any interest in Vrabel.
Sure, with a handshake deal that he's
HC in 2025.

Aven8

Reaction score
Vrabel only has one year of experience being a DC of Houston in 2017. But I like the toughness he brings for sure

erod

Reaction score
No way he takes a DC job. He's been too successful as a head coach.

I wish he was OUR head coach.

Einstein

Reaction score
I'd be a big fan of this, but do we think he would want the job or to even go from a HC to a DC anywhere?

Rayman70

Reaction score
It would be a smart move IMO.
Great defensive mind, tough and expects his players to give 110%.
Also, as a former LB, probably understands we need real LBs on this team, lol.
Also, if MM struggles, having Vrabes on the staff would be smart (he could take over or be in a position next season, and if BB was brought in, there is that connection too).
I actually like Rivera too, as a DC, (not so much as a HC).
This is exactly correct. Couldn't agree more. The next hire must be the guy to get Micah going. The DC hire is vital. Must be Micah friendly. If so, the entire defense will improve in December.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You'd have to offer him more than a one-year deal, given your lame duck HC. That could also make it possible he gets promoted if MM is fired.

Otherwise, he has no reason to take the job. He's not hurting for money as the Titans are still paying him.

SlingBoy

Reaction score
If Jerry is "all in" like he says Vrabel need to be his first step to show the Dallas fan base that he really means it

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Vrabel runs a 3-4???? We don't have linebackers to run a 4-3. Much less a 3-4. As I said in my thread. Rebuild is coming. Sooner than you think.