Mike Zimmer, Anthony Barr and Micah Parsons

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Something to look at in a potential Mike Zimmer hire is his usage of Anthony Barr in Minnesota. In Minnesota, Zimmer used Barr primarily as a LB, but would put his hand in the dirt on some passing downs. There are some similarities in skill set between Parsons and a young Anthony Barr. Parsons was used in a similar way as a rookie, when he wasnt used as a full time DE (remember Parsons as a pass rusher was pretty much an accident)

If Zimmer is the hire, is there a chance we go back to using Parsons more as a LB on running downs. That would be my hope, as I don't see any point in playing him as a DE on running downs
Zimmer can coach 4-3 and 3-4 thanks to Parcells. Micah would excel at LB in either defense. But get him out of being a DE on any front DL.

exciter

Reaction score
Something to look at in a potential Mike Zimmer hire is his usage of Anthony Barr in Minnesota. In Minnesota, Zimmer used Barr primarily as a LB, but would put his hand in the dirt on some passing downs. There are some similarities in skill set between Parsons and a young Anthony Barr. Parsons was used in a similar way as a rookie, when he wasnt used as a full time DE (remember Parsons as a pass rusher was pretty much an accident)

If Zimmer is the hire, is there a chance we go back to using Parsons more as a LB on running downs. That would be my hope, as I don't see any point in playing him as a DE on running downs
No! No reasonably intelligent person, much less NFL coach would have a generational pass rusher who’s an average off the ball LB take unnecessary wear & tear trying to perform a function that makes him a mediocre player. He’ll either continue to perform the function of SAM LB in a 43 under or he’ll play LEO 9tech if they go back to the traditional 43! Doing so would possibly be the straw to them never getting another job in this league!