Twitter: Mike Zimmer interested in DC job

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
The majority of this board were part of the GROZ (Get Rid Of Zimmer) movement, that is how upset fans were with Zimmer for years.
It was stupid when it started and it’s stupid now. Looking back what Zimmer did with those talentless defenses was something. There was a reason why BP also hung on to him. BP thought very highly of Zimmer and he want on to have a pretty successful career. This would not be a bad hire in the least. The defense will be competitive and disciplined.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I would not mind this. Zimmer has always been a solid defensive coach. What happened in Minnesota near the end of his HC run there worries me but maybe having him concentrate on just the defensive side would help him.
Zimmer is ok, and Jerry likes him, but I don't think we have the personnel he wants.
Didn't he go with two huge DTs in Minnesota?
Their DTs seemed to be the heart of their defense.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Why does this not bother me as much as it should.

I kind of think Zim would fix the run game woes @ least.

malbis030347

Reaction score
I remember Parcells saying he loved Zimmers dedication to the job when he first got here...and Zimm learned the 3-4 even though he is a 4-3 guy but being a team player he did what had to be done

DandyDon52

Reaction score

GROZUSA_Web-logoLR_394x.png

lol sure he is, he will be another puppet coach for jerry for millions of dollars ! Heck I am interested in the dc job myself!