Twitter: Mike Zimmer interested in DC job

jgboys1

Reaction score
I would take him back in a heartbeat. I think he is a solid football coach.

It's not like we are winning anything next year anyway!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Vikes owner wanted to make the playoffs every sesson. Got butt hurt.

MikeZ would be an excellent hire for us.

It also keeps the pressure on Big Mike.

Zimmer could be HC. Has a relationship with the Jones family. Excellent reputation.
So he'll be our HC in waiting. I wonder where I heard that before?

ghst187

Reaction score
He’s not bad but I hated his bend but don’t break defenses here without ever forcing a turnover.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
just bring Wade back, everybody loves Wade. maybe we can get garrett back as quarterback coach, everybody hates him but the choker loves him.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
If it’s an outside candidate I’ve come around to being fine with zimmer. It’s likely a 3 horse race between zimmer, Rivera, Witt but as mentioned if Witt is gone to dc then I’ll go with zimm. Im not ready to take a risk on an unknown in harris- who probably could do a really great job but it’s still a big risk.

While offensively I like young minds, I don’t think it’s as big a deal on defensive as long as the coordinator has some piss n vinegar left in his system and I think zimmer does. He’s versatile enough to use multiple looks if necessary and he won’t be ok with mental lapses.
I think he’s up to date enough to have knowledge- biggest fear is him not connecting with younger guys.

To alleviate those concerns, If I were him I’d ask my buddy Deion to put out a tweet about how it’s a great hire and come down to camp one day co-signing me. It’s a risk but I’d go with zimmer if it’s outside the building.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
The majority of this board were part of the GROZ (Get Rid Of Zimmer) movement, that is how upset fans were with Zimmer for years.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I would not mind this. Zimmer has always been a solid defensive coach. What happened in Minnesota near the end of his HC run there worries me but maybe having him concentrate on just the defensive side would help him.
He gave us a record breaking bad defense. No way in hell should anyone want this boring retread. I'm sure Jerry will do it because it would be the worst overall decision.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think Zimmer would require fewer adjustments to be made by way of his methods than what Rivera would. He's been with the Cowboys before and knows more of what the current situation is and how to get along with the FO advantageously. Don't be surprised if he's ultimately their choice.

Creeper

Reaction score
I have no idea what posters see in him.
When he was with Dallas during their really bad years, his defenses were pretty good considering the personnel he had on the field. But I get the concern. That was a long time ago and a lot happened up in Minnesota since he was with Dallas.

But I wonder if Jerry would even consider Zimmer.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I wonder if that's the same Mike Zimmer who coached here before.
Yep, and it would be the most Cowboys thing ever to rehire a failed retread.

I'm from the future and I am warning you all that hiring Zimmer is idiotic.