Mike Zimmer should be the Dallas HC

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Whyjerry, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

3,296 Messages
    4,808 Likes Received
    Parcells would have won the SB in 2007. Retired after 2008. Zimmer would have taken over. Perennial playoffs instead of the Red Headed excuse machine.

Counter factual of the day.

2. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

5,369 Messages
    3,180 Likes Received
    And Sean Payton. We could have had a lot of coaches better than what we have had for years

3. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

27,440 Messages
    9,179 Likes Received
    His contract was up in 06 and he was frustrated with parcells and did not want to coach the 34 again. He whined about it all year and parcells gave in to him and allowed zimmer to run his defense in week 17 against detroit. It was not good.

So you couldn't have parcells and zimmer together again after 06.

lostar2009 and rocyaice like this.
  4. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

22,240 Messages
    13,681 Likes Received
    Actually I blame Parcells for why Payton and Zimmer aren't here before I do Jerry.

5. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

27,440 Messages
    9,179 Likes Received
    Why? Payton was ready to be a head coach. Parcells talked him out of taking the raiders job in 05 but there was no way to keep him past that season.

6. aria

aria Well-Known Member

7,316 Messages
    7,121 Likes Received
    The guy has been 7-9 for the last 3 years with one of the best QB’s in the league. Most people here would be calling for,his head by now.

7. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

56,265 Messages
    54,827 Likes Received
    Meanwhile, on Earth-2, Mike Zimmer is celebrating his twelth consecutive NFC Championship appearance with the Cowboys.

8. rocyaice

22,240 Messages
    13,681 Likes Received
    That's one thing I hate about the playoffs....its that moment where we rue old players and old coaches who aren't here anymore and talk about how we should've kept them even if it wasn't plausible to do lol. People even did it with Wade as if everyone didn't want Wade out of here lol.

blueblood70 and jjktkk like this.
  9. Whyjerry

3,296 Messages
    4,808 Likes Received
    He told he didn’t want to coach the 34 again?

10. rocyaice

22,240 Messages
    13,681 Likes Received
    People forget how bad the Aint's have been.....and a big part of that was because of coaching until he realized they should be a run first team.

aria likes this.
  11. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

27,440 Messages
    9,179 Likes Received
    He complained about it openly after the season and to the media during the season.

It was not his defense.

12. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

15,404 Messages
    3,491 Likes Received
    That defense completely fell apart at the end of the year. People were whining about going back to the 4-3. We did that and Detroit had no problems moving the ball.

Couldn't believe Parcells gave into that.

13. Whyjerry

3,296 Messages
    4,808 Likes Received
    No one should miss Wade. He was terrible.

Risen Star likes this.
  14. StarMan2112

StarMan2112 Well-Known Member

1,548 Messages
    1,032 Likes Received
    Does not matter who the coach is as long as our faux GM is running the show.

15. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

27,440 Messages
    9,179 Likes Received
    I think he really respected Zimmer and still does. He was always about winning and I think since they were struggling in 06 late he was open to anything to get it turned around.

Honestly it was like they played in the nickel all day. Its impossible to really do what zimmer wanted to do.

16. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

27,440 Messages
    9,179 Likes Received
    Not with the x's and o's he wasnt.

He couldn't handle the job of being the voice and face of the Cowboys but he most certainly was good on gameday.

Now we have the exact opposite.

Portnoy1, mugsybows and Jarv like this.
  17. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

4,264 Messages
    2,850 Likes Received

I remember the game. But I believe they ran the 4-3 due to injuries @ ILB.

Ware had a very good game. 3 sacks and several hits on Kitna in a losing effort.

I think that was the game Will Furrey punked the crowd whipping the ball at a Plastic Star and smashing it.

There was a lot of that before ... Dez came to town really... After he was drafted the team at least started to stand up for itself. And now he's a shell of himself too.

18. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

52,990 Messages
    83,832 Likes Received
    Not to my face you don't.

Amy50632 and Dwight like this.
  19. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

17,565 Messages
    10,203 Likes Received
    Zimmer would have been meddled with and left frustrated.

GenoT and Longboysfan like this.
  20. camelboy

camelboy mgcowboy

3,715 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    Man you can resurrect Tom Landry and bring him back, or rejuvenate Jimmy Johnson and bring him back .. anyone who thinks this franchise is going to get back to what it was while Jerry in charge are kidding themselves.. to me it is a proven fact now.. Jerry is what is holding us .. the one common factor all these years is one .. Jerry Wayne Jones

:cool: