Mike Zimmer should be the Dallas HC

Aven8

Reaction score
I remember Zimmer wanted to go to Nebraska to take the HC position and Bill talked him out of it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I remember the game. But I believe they ran the 4-3 due to injuries @ ILB.

Ware had a very good game. 3 sacks and several hits on Kitna in a losing effort.

I think that was the game Will Furrey punked the crowd whipping the ball at a Plastic Star and smashing it.

There was a lot of that before ... Dez came to town really... After he was drafted the team at least started to stand up for itself. And now he's a shell of himself too.

yep thats the game. I dont remember which linebackers were hurt though. I know burnett was hurt most of the year off and on. Don't remember who else? We lost Greg Ellis and Jay Ratliff at arizona during Romo's third start. Those were big blows.

furrey just got hired as the wr coach somewhere. I forgot where.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why? Payton was ready to be a head coach. Parcells talked him out of taking the raiders job in 05 but there was no way to keep him past that season.

Parcells waited until after Payton left to leave the Cowboys. He talked him out of taking the Raiders job but sure didn't talk him out of taking the Aint's job. I'm sure Peyton was more intrigued about having more say in New Orleans than he would in Oakland or even here in Dallas. Probably was just waiting for a better position to open up and it did.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Parcells waited until after Payton left to leave the Cowboys. He talked him out of taking the Raiders job but sure didn't talk him out of taking the Aint's job. I'm sure Peyton was more intrigued about having more say in New Orleans than he would in Oakland or even here in Dallas. Probably was just waiting for a better position to open up and it did.
Sean was more enticed with Brees.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Man you can resurrect Tom Landry and bring him back, or rejuvenate Jimmy Johnson and bring him back .. anyone who thinks this franchise is going to get back to what it was while Jerry in charge are kidding themselves.. to me it is a proven fact now.. Jerry is what is holding us .. the one common factor all these years is one .. Jerry Wayne Jones

:cool:

Yeah I've come to grips with this. We can sit here and argue over how "bad" Dak is...or how "bad" Dez is....or how "bad" Jason is.....but its clearly the only thing bad here that's holding us back is Jerry and I've come to grips that we will have to win in spite of him.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

you have your years wrong. He did him a favor talking him out of the raiders job. It was a no win scenario and he gave the offense in 05 to payton. I believe Payton's contract was up unless I am remembering wrong and he was extended again in 05.

Why would he not take the saints job? Had nothing to do with parcells.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Parcells would have won the SB in 2007. Retired after 2008. Zimmer would have taken over. Perennial playoffs instead of the Red Headed excuse machine.

Counter factual of the day.

yes and it is possible to get top notch assistants in dallas if we had a good hc.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I blame Parcells for Payton and Zimmer not being here and I blame him for wasting a first round on Barbie too.

well that seem draft he pulled Miles Austin, Sam Hurd and Stephen Bowen out of undrafted free agency. He also was pretty upset that the scouts he sent to see austin in NJ missed on Marques Colston. He used to bring that up all the time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you have your years wrong. He did him a favor talking him out of the raiders job. It was a no win scenario and he gave the offense in 05 to payton. I believe Payton's contract was up unless I am remembering wrong and he was extended again in 05.

Why would he not take the saints job? Had nothing to do with parcells.

I'm saying Jerry was never gonna fire Parcells. Whenever Parcells was done with us he was going to be done with us. Payton was younger and at that point would've been a smarter guy to invest in than Parcells. You said Parcells talked him out of the Raiders job......I think Payton just didn't want to go there. I don't have proof of that its just my observation. I personally don't even think Payton wanted to be a head coach here or in Oakland. Hard to fathom anyone with buzz like Payton had would want to coach for a Al Davis or a Jerry Jones. I remember hearing he wanted more freedom and wanted the Packers job if I'm not mistaken. Packers and Saint's offered him that.