Mike Zimmer's coverage philosophy just isn't working for the 2024 Cowboys

ShiningStar

Reaction score
If anyone expected Zimmer to turn around this defense in 1 season is to be laughed at.

Be fair, be honest. I dont care if you liked the hire or not, i personally didnt, but Zimmer and DQ have two different defense styles and they are polar opposites. Al Harris, who most wanted as DC, should be doing better. This defense has some play makers and we still scratch our head on how horrible our defense still is. After so many years. and thats par for the course for the Cowboys.

MM , yes, should have never been hired and should have been fired, so NO MATTER who was coming in, would not have done anything this season.

I told you guys with evidence, nothing was happening this seaeson, accept it and move on. You are trying to make sense out of the unsensible and ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Its a bad season, deal with it, by design. THe next four years are also down the toilet. Accept it.

This is not just on Zim but also on Harris if he wants to be promoted or see success.

Our coaches should be working in harmony and honestly i dnt think they are. A lot of the defense is broken and its been that way since before Parcells.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I did/do like Quinn, and in terms of turnovers & sacks against mostly lesser opponents - yes, they got the job done. But against the 49'ers, Bills, and Packers, they gave up a combined 114 points...and I don't recall many sacks or turnovers in those games,
That's what happens when his scheme is up against elite QBs and coaches. Like you said, turnovers and sacks are all good but what happens when they are not there and you have to get physical and punch a team in the mouth? They couldn't do it........

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If anyone expected Zimmer to turn around this defense in 1 season is to be laughed at.

Be fair, be honest. I dont care if you liked the hire or not, i personally didnt, but Zimmer and DQ have two different defense styles and they are polar opposites. Al Harris, who most wanted as DC, should be doing better. This defense has some play makers and we still scratch our head on how horrible our defense still is. After so many years. and thats par for the course for the Cowboys.

MM , yes, should have never been hired and should have been fired, so NO MATTER who was coming in, would not have done anything this season.

I told you guys with evidence, nothing was happening this seaeson, accept it and move on. You are trying to make sense out of the unsensible and ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Its a bad season, deal with it, by design. THe next four years are also down the toilet. Accept it.

This is not just on Zim but also on Harris if he wants to be promoted or see success.

Our coaches should be working in harmony and honestly i dnt think they are. A lot of the defense is broken and its been that way since before Parcells.
+1 ........Anyone pointing the finger for this season should point it in one direction ............Jerry and Stephen. This season was set up to fail by the FO. We all know this......why are we surprised or pointing fingers at certain players and coaches since things are coming apart? We knew this would happen........

ShiningStar

Reaction score
+1 ........Anyone pointing the finger for this season should point it in one direction ............Jerry and Stephen. This season was set up to fail by the FO. We all know this......why are we surprised or pointing fingers at certain players and coaches since things are coming apart? We knew this would happen........
agreed, i wanted to add that, but i get tired of repeating it.

But thank you, shows you know and shows you read.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Super Bowl. Saying it was McCarthys team is a stretch. One guy coaches the defense and one coaches the offense. I mean it is what it is who knows maybe Quinn will win the SB this year. Hope he does he’s a good guy.
Dude,

I don't care how you feel about Dan Quinn he's a Washington dead skin commander Commander and I'm sorry dude you hoping he wins the Super bowl in our division against our biggest rivals do you have a mind to have to delete you I'm about to put you on ignore you might want to edit that you cannot wish good things on a division rival especially a Super Bowl for Washington that absolutely can't come out of the Cowboys fans mouth no matter how you feel about the guy but his defenses were absolutely horrible and all our big games last year and in the Seattle win last year no thanks to him he and his defense aided in all our losses last year way more of a factor you go back the year before that was at the 17 and 14 point leads in Green Bay and Jacksonville that his defense blew couldn't hold the lead in Miami blew a lead in the Atlanta Super Bowl debacle blew a lead in the watermelon kick game against us now that's what he's known for...

It's OK to respect a man but you cannot wish that he wins the Super bowl with that team I'm sorry man you're on notice... For me if the Cowboys can't be in or win a Super Bowl it goes straight to the AFC..

I hope the chiefs or the Ravens or some other team matter of fact I hope it's a new team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in a very long time that's not a rival of ours that means no Packers no Steelers no NFC East you cannot wish for any good things that happened to those teams...