Mike Zimmer's coverage philosophy just isn't working for the 2024 Cowboys

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Lol so atlanta had good defenses? I don't get people that like Quinn. Dude didn't even invent the Seattle system that was Gus Bradley.

Can't see how rewarding that defensive performance is a positive. They both should've been fired
1 performance? What about the year prior when he was the only dc to slow down that 49ers offense that was averaging 35 ppg with Purdy.

Not his fault this front office doesnt prioritize the middle of our defense

stilltheguru

Reaction score
1 performance? What about the year prior when he was the only dc to slow down that 49ers offense that was averaging 35 ppg with Purdy.

Not his fault this front office doesnt prioritize the middle of our defense
The year before that Jimmy g marched down the field on his defense too. He's an average coordinator. Shocked you in here capping for dude. He better hope daniels is good enough to make up for him being a mid coordinator

Chasing6

Reaction score
Great article on the Cowboys defense under Zim. It's pretty clear from watching the games he isn't the answer we hoped. Reading this, it's worse than it seems. Considering the upcoming schedule, it could be rough watching our team.

k.d. drummond
Wed, Oct 2, 2024

f84ba63962fbfebdbef67f76afb50d67

It's always tough to make a one-to-one comparison between coaching staffs in the NFL. From year to year, so much changes about team personnel that it's sometimes tough to pinpoint what changed philosophically or what changed out of necessity.

Take the Dallas Cowboys for instance. Last year's starting cornerback tandem of Stephon Gilmore and Daron Bland have played zero snaps for the team in 2024. Can a change in the way the secondary schemes be tethered to a necessary change with Trevon Diggs return and a fifth-round rookie in Caelen Carson playing opposite him? Or is it more about Mike Zimmer implementing what has always been a much different philosophy when it comes to coverages than his predecessor Dan Quinn?

Much more: https://sports.yahoo.com/mike-zimmers-coverage-philosophy-just-210008669.html
Was our coverage an illusion???

Without a pass rush covering receivers is significantly more difficult.

Once again complimentary football 101.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The year before that Jimmy g marched down the field on his defense too. He's an average coordinator. Shocked you in here capping for dude. He better hope daniels is good enough to make up for him being a mid coordinator
Didnt he take a team to a Super Bowl and embarrass Mike McCarthy in the process?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Didnt he take a team to a Super Bowl and embarrass Mike McCarthy in the process?
That defense was self policed. You think that was Quinn masterminding that? next you gonna tell me marvin Lewis was responsible for 2000 ravens. Why have marvin or Quinn been able to even come close to replicating that success? You smarter than hyping up Dan Quinn. I think Zimmer is slightly better as a DC by the way. Zimmer never had a legion of boom. And Quinn did NOT create them

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Great article on the Cowboys defense under Zim. It's pretty clear from watching the games he isn't the answer we hoped. Reading this, it's worse than it seems. Considering the upcoming schedule, it could be rough watching our team.

k.d. drummond
Wed, Oct 2, 2024

f84ba63962fbfebdbef67f76afb50d67

It's always tough to make a one-to-one comparison between coaching staffs in the NFL. From year to year, so much changes about team personnel that it's sometimes tough to pinpoint what changed philosophically or what changed out of necessity.

Take the Dallas Cowboys for instance. Last year's starting cornerback tandem of Stephon Gilmore and Daron Bland have played zero snaps for the team in 2024. Can a change in the way the secondary schemes be tethered to a necessary change with Trevon Diggs return and a fifth-round rookie in Caelen Carson playing opposite him? Or is it more about Mike Zimmer implementing what has always been a much different philosophy when it comes to coverages than his predecessor Dan Quinn?

Much more: https://sports.yahoo.com/mike-zimmers-coverage-philosophy-just-210008669.html
I kinda new things weren't going to work out. Dan Quinn was and is better than Zimmer. I always thought that.

What the Cowboys need is to stop with this coaching carousel madness. Stick with the coaches we have now and promote from within. Zimmer should not have been brought it to replace Quinn.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I kinda new things weren't going to work out. Dan Quinn was and is better than Zimmer. I always thought that.

What the Cowboys need is to stop with this coaching carousel madness. Stick with the coaches we have now and promote from within. Zimmer should not have been brought it to replace Quinn.
You thought that because of Seattle? It'd not like dallas was a legit top 5 defense in his tenure so I'm not understanding this Quinn love. This my last comment in here. Sign a Shanahan guy after Mccarthy is gone so Quinn can be a non factor. Simple

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Hard to believe a generation of 20 year old kids are not responding to the 90 year old owner and his 80 year old coach who both happen to be white.