Miles Austin Out 2 Weeks: Per DFW-ST

BybeeBlitz

Reaction score
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1046476.html

IRVING — [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Dallas [/FONT][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Cowboys[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] wide receiver Miles Austin could be out two weeks and maybe longer after suffering a knee injury in Sunday's game against the Washington [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Commanders[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], a source said Tuesday.
Austin caught two passes for 26 yards and was a crucial contributor down the stretch, when he seemingly supplanted Patrick Crayton as the team's third receiver.
Crayton went from No. 2 to No. 3 earlier in the week when the Cowboys inserted newcomer Roy Williams into the starting lineup. The decision to use Austin in the three-receiver set along with Williams and [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Terrell [/FONT][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Owens[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] was a package to get the team's three fastest receivers on the field rather than another demotion for Crayton, coach Wade Phillips has said.
Phillips said the Cowboys like Crayton's ability to play in the slot and that he will continue to be a big part of the offense.
Phillips said everybody will get their chances.
"We've got to get a package for all the guys," Phillips said. "It's like Christmas. We've got a lot of packages."
At least one package is on hold with Austin out with a knee injury.
Owens caught five passes for 38 yards against the Commanders. Williams caught three for 36 yards and Crayton was catchless for the second time this season.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
where did this come from?

i didn't here anything in post game, or in the press conf yesterday.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
We just can't catch any breaks. Well i guess others get their chance in the next 9 days.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
links18;2429029 said:
What are the chances the 2 weeks turns into 6? :banghead:

Well there are 21 days between Sunday night's game and the Pitt game so maybe that's long enough?

bigE79

Reaction score
I Say this is BS...At least it is til i hear WADE confirm it

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2429042 said:
And his shoulder popped out the other day.

Who's gonna return kickoffs? Scandrick? Jenkins?
Felix should be back......eventually.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Well that just sucks. Everytime it looks like Miles is ready to break out, he injures his knee. Was he in there and got hurt on special teams again?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
theogt;2429043 said:
Felix should be back......eventually.
I doubt the staff will have him back there returning kicks though, especially with how cautious the team has been with him. Jenkins will probably be in there with, hopefully, Adam Jones.