Miles Austin Out 2 Weeks: Per DFW-ST

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
When could he have gotten hurt?

His catch on Romo's flip pass came one play before Bennett's TD catch. Austin wasn't on the field for that play. And I'm pretty sure he was never on the field for our final drive. (I'm pretty sure that we used three WR only one time on that drive, on the third-and-8, and I know Crayton was in for that play.)

So, either Austin was injured covering the kickoff after Bennett's TD, or he was hurt earlier in the game and played through it.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2429072 said:

His catch on Romo's flip pass came one play before Bennett's TD catch. Austin wasn't on the field for that play. And I'm pretty sure he was never on the field for our final drive. (I'm pretty sure that we used three WR only one time on that drive, on the third-and-8, and I know Crayton was in for that play.)

So, either Austin was injured covering the kickoff after Bennett's TD, or he was hurt earlier in the game and played through it.

I was wondering the same thing.

Did Wade have a presser today?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2429072 said:

He might have played through it.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every time we get excited about Miles, something like this happens. I hope it's only two weeks like reported. In the meantime, Crayton has a chance to redeem himself. He has been nonexistent lately.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
geez.

This is a real bummer.

We are going to need him in december. No one else has his speed. And I am in the middle of watching sf last two games. They have good corners and we will need to be able to get deep to free up owens. Austin is the guy for that.

Hurry back.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
That's weird cause I didnt see this mentioned in any of the post game and Wade didn't mention it in his press conference yesterdsay. Has this actually been confirmed anywhere?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I thought I read, or heard, that he went out with his shoulder popping out, or whatever, again last week during practice.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2429042 said:
And his shoulder popped out the other day.

Who's gonna return kickoffs? Scandrick? Jenkins?
I wouldn't put Felix back there until he is 100%, but I'd sure give Choice a try along with those 2.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2429072 said:

It was on that play where he hurt his knee.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
From DMN blog:

November 18, 2008
Miles Austin likely to miss 2-4 weeks
9:34 PM Tue, Nov 18, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

austinreturn.jpgOn his key third-down catch the play before Martellus Bennett's touchdown Sunday, Miles Austin suffered a sprained lateral collateral ligament in his knee and is likely to miss 2-4 weeks.

Austin had a productive game vs. the Commanders and was at the very least sharing the No. 3 receiver role with Patrick Crayton if not taking over the role. Now he's out.

Austin suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament in the preseason and missed the season opener. On the season he has 12 catches for 255 yards and three touchdowns. His speed was a valuable asset as a receiver and kick returner.

Oh yeah, kick returner. If Felix Jones does not return this week and with Austin out, the Cowboys will be looking for a returner. Maybe it's Isaiah Stanback, but he re-injured his shoulder in practice last week and may need surgery sooner rather than later. Orlando Scandrick joined Austin as one of the returners last week. Mike Jenkins might be able to do it, too.

With Stanback's injury, the Cowboys have only three healthy receivers in Terrell Owens, Roy Williams and Crayton. Might they have to go to the practice squad this week to call up Danny Amendola or Travis Wilson?

(photo by Louis DeLuca/Dallas Morning News)

FCBarca

Reaction score
Worse still, looks like Stanback reaggravated his shoulder injury and may need that surgery that he put off before...And, of course, this simply would put him out until training camp

AKATheRake

Reaction score
DC.com is talking about a sprained knee. I just don't see where this happened. I'm starting to think this team makes up injuries and holds players back.

As ridiculous as that sounds I just don't get these mystery injuries like Felix Jones who says he 100% and then doesnt practice. Austin looked great and played right to the end. Bunch of crap.

This is 1 fishy team in one hell of a fishy league. We have a QB who can throw a pick any pass because he may or may not be able to grip the ball properly because of his protective sleeve. Too much money in gambling on these games. Anyways, it's not like people are going to understand what I'm getting at. It'smy own insanity anyways! :)

Daudr

Reaction score
FCBarca;2429278 said:
Worse still, looks like Stanback reaggravated his shoulder injury and may need that surgery that he put off before...And, of course, this simply would put him out until training camp

How does a guy that gets no playing time keep hurting himself?