Miles Austin Out 2 Weeks: Per DFW-ST

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
As good as jenkins is at avoiding contact, he might be great at return duties.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Damn... what a damper on a great week so far. Jeez.. I hate coming here and reading stuff like this. I was really excited about Miles. Daammmnnnn!!!!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2429140 said:
I thought I read, or heard, that he went out with his shoulder popping out, or whatever, again last week during practice.

he shouldn't have even tried to play through that injury they need to cut him. He's a waste of a roster spot.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
On the play they said he sprain it, I swore I saw him jump up after the play and start running off the field. It didn't look like he spain anything.

hockix

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2429300 said:
As good as jenkins is at avoiding contact, he might be great at return duties.

:laugh2: good one... he would be great.... :laugh2:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This really sucks with Austin. The dude was starting to come on, again, and now he's on the bench, again.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Portis had the same sprain and played. I guess if Austin was on another team playing the Cowboys this week he would be able to play.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I feel bad for Austin as for the Cowboys at least we have a player in Crayton who can do the job.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Daudr;2429291 said:
How does a guy that gets no playing time keep hurting himself?

And hence the tag 'Injury Prone'...Starting to stick?

The fear in cutting or waiving players like these is that they'll come back in the near future to haunt you.

I'm no GM but I'd say the time for Stanback is beginning to look like it's over...Guy played in 37 games over 4 seasons in college...Barely has played a lick now going through 2 seasons in the NFL...He was a gamble with a 4th round pick and the gamble didn't pay off...Time to cut bait and try someone else, IMHO...The NFL moves fast and there's no time to continually babysit a player with 'potential' who never plays.

And if memory serves, didn't Stanback pull a 'Terry Glenn' and not opt for the surgery despite the club recommending him to do so?...Feels a bit too much like deja vu...Personally, I think if you opt to go your own route then you do so at your own peril...Cut em

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More On Austin's Injury

Posted by rphillips at 11/19/2008 10:04 AM CST on truebluefanclub.com

Gotten a couple of e-mails about this, so just to clarify: Wide receiver Miles Austin sprained his lateral collateral ligament (LCL) in last Sunday's game, which is a different injury than the sprained medial collateral ligament (MCL) he suffered in preseason.

Austin was expected to miss 4-6 weeks with his first injury, but he returned roughly three weeks later in time for the Cowboys' second regular-season game. Maybe he can be a fast healer this time. Typically a sprained LCL is a 2-4 week timetable.

Comments (22) | Permanent Link

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
The only "positive" is that he somehow manages to avoid surgery.

Temo

Reaction score
DatNguyen59;2430742 said:
Maybe he can use TO's hyperbaric chamber.

waiting for cowboyjoe to pop in here any moment now

"With Miles having knee issues, should he get a special trainer like emmitt? Or maybe TO can let him use his hyperbaric chamber"