Minah Kimes reveals the Dallas Cowboys real problem during the playoffs in recent years

Hoofbite

Reaction score
All Dak needs is an awesome team like the Ravens and he might have played in a Super Bowl already.

BTW, 100 of those yards of Lamar's are his rushing which is less significant as a QB stat.

Screenshot-20240713-141207.png
Not that it changes much because the overall picture says it all, but yards are yards. Generally QBs can't carry a high enough average to make rushing a noteworthy stat relative to passing, but Lamar can so I see no reason why they should be discounted. His playoff yards per carry is greater than both his and Dak's playoff yards per pass attempt.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I'm not an expert but I think the real problem is Dallas' opponents score more in the playoffs than Dallas does. I mean, when you get right down to it, scoring less always means you lose.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's go back a few years to a playoff. Game against SF, tony romo and jim nance were making the call ,
The cornerbacks were playing 12 or 13 yds off the receiver and Romo was screaming until he was hoarse. Telling Dak throw the out and take the easy 7-8 yds and if Cooper breaks a tackle he's gone.
Yet Dak refuses to make the throw. WHY?
BECAUSE HE DOESN'T TRUST HIS ACCURACY!
Short throws are always there, but you have to have enough faith in your arm to hit a receiver that has one step on a defender. Dak consistently refuses to do this, taps the ball, pulls it down and hopefully waits for something to open up later. That doesn't fly against good defenses.
If Dak had taken those easy outs, it would have forced the defense to move the cornerbacks up. Change the way they were covering our receivers make the safeties move further out and change the entire outcome of the game.
So there you have it.
Instead of losing by 6 we could have EASILY won the game.
Next SF playoff we lose to SF by 5 points scoring ONLY 12 points. While our defense defense only allows 17. DESPITE our offensive turnovers.
So the bottom line a REAL QB absolutely allows his team to win both playoff games
DAK DOES NOT.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not an expert but I think the real problem is Dallas' opponents score more in the playoffs than Dallas does. I mean, when you get right down to it, scoring less always means you lose.
I suppose you should probably just check the score in the morning. No need to watch or discuss at this point.

I kid!:laugh:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
You should watch Minah Kime's video analysis and get informed, instead of rattling off with uneducated opinions so much. You would get a lot of answers to your questions.
I

DON'T

NEED

TO

It's going to be nothing but Dak fluff. Garbage I don't care to hear.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tape and post what she says, and I'll read it.
You can avoid listening to Mina Kimas' excerpted commentary, which is completely understandable since her comments are a tiny 7% of a typical Dak Attacks video, but anyone has an additional option to hear what she said without needless attached fluff. The alternative is Kimas' podcast (link). Kimas' YouTube podcast page provides timestamps of every topic (see below):

0:00 Welcome to the Mina Kimes Show featuring Lenny
1:00 NFC East preview
3:00 Eagles preview
6:30 Why did the Eagles offense struggle down the stretch?
11:10 What will the Eagles offense look like under Kellen Moore?
17:35 Saquon in Philly
21:35 Eagles defense
30:55 Commanders preview
33:15 Commanders o-line an issue?
35:45 Kliff Kingsbury hire
39:30 How much will Jayden Daniels run the ball?
42:30 Dan Quinn and Commanders defense
49:05 Cowboys preview
49:30 Why the Cowboys were upset in wild-card game
53:35 Do the Cowboys have enough wide receivers?
57:50 Cowboys running backs
59:20 Cowboys defense
1:03:15 Cowboys defensive draft picks
1:06:05 Giants preview
1:06:20 Giants defense under Bowen
1:10:10 Giants secondary is a concern
1:11:45 Can Malik Nabers succeed in NY?
1:13:45 What can we expect from Daniel Jones?
1:18:30 Giants offense
1:22:25 NFC East rankings
1:23:55 Content recommendations
1:25:35 See you next time!

Timestamps. Content creators like Kimas could omit them but understand viewers/listeners may enjoy only specific content they prefer. Interesting concept.

However, it is noteworthy talking about varying topics would encourage the consideration--whereas droning on about something someone else said for 10, 20, 30 or more minutes may not seem necessary to another content creator. And listening to a YouTube content creator drone on and on is exactly what CowboysZone members' desire most from a posted video.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Thread is 6 pages long and should have been about 1.
If you disagree with Kimes you likely are the one incorrect.
She is about as good as it gets and bases her takes on analytics, overall results and very solid common sense.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Alvin Harper, Jay Novacek, and a few other pretty good receivers.

Now since you want to bring up that era, don't cherry pick, let's add in the other offensive elements. Which era had the better quarterback between Aikman and Prescott, but....

1. Who had the better offensive line, Irvin's Cowboys or Lamb's Cowboys?

2. Who had the better running back/running game, Irvin's Cowboys or Lamb's Cowboys?

3. Who had the better defense and special teams, Irvin's Cowboys or Lamb's Cowboys?

4. Who had better coaching, Irvin's Cowboys or Lamb's Cowboys?

When you try to set up a comparison to make a point.... make sure you include ALL the elements and details. Don't cherry pick.... toss in all the factors before you do your comparison. Had you done that, you would have answered your own question from the start.
since this was all about WRs you just kind of look bad.
NOW once again Novacek was certainly better than Ferguson but not hugely so
Al Harper never got over 800 yds
So frankly the WR agenda group really do not make much of a case.

NotForLong

Reaction score
You raises an interesting and also timely question though. Is it better to have one great receiver, or 3 or 4 good receivers? Should the Cowboys pay CeeDee $35 million, or could they be just as successful with maybe 3 guys making between $15 million and $20 million. This is the question they need to answer because CeeDee is up for a huge contract.

I am inclined to believe they would have been better off trading CeeDee, drafting a WR in this last draft, and signing a couple of good WRs paying the whole lot of them in the $45 million range, than paying 1 receiver $35 million. I admit I could be very wrong, but paying 1 WR $35 million seems crazy to me.
Tell me you do not watch Cowboy games without telling me you do not watch Cowboy games

NotForLong

Reaction score
You don't know that. You can't POSSIBLY say that.

If Dak just punts the ball away, it's 13-7 at halftime. That's a LOT different than 27-7.

So you see...almost anyone can make up fantasy scenarios in their heads.

It's a game where things can change in seconds. You saying the defense would have just caved all game long no matter what..is a fantasy.

I can't for the life of me figure out how people can put 2 ints and 14 easy points straight under the carpet as far as how crucial it was to burying this team in that game.

They weren't really good passes that just bounced their way...they were stupidly idiotic, and totally demoralized a struggling team...our leader, 3rd place MVP. When your LEADER does it...it's demoralizing. Not some heroic effort that went wrong...STUPID!

The TEAM surely played bad....14 easy points single-handedly? By your MVP LEADER. Crazy.
It sucked the life out of the team

NotForLong

Reaction score
Let's go back a few years to a playoff. Game against SF, tony romo and jim nance were making the call ,
The cornerbacks were playing 12 or 13 yds off the receiver and Romo was screaming until he was hoarse. Telling Dak throw the out and take the easy 7-8 yds and if Cooper breaks a tackle he's gone.
Yet Dak refuses to make the throw. WHY?
BECAUSE HE DOESN'T TRUST HIS ACCURACY!
Short throws are always there, but you have to have enough faith in your arm to hit a receiver that has one step on a defender. Dak consistently refuses to do this, taps the ball, pulls it down and hopefully waits for something to open up later. That doesn't fly against good defenses.
If Dak had taken those easy outs, it would have forced the defense to move the cornerbacks up. Change the way they were covering our receivers make the safeties move further out and change the entire outcome of the game.
So there you have it.
Instead of losing by 6 we could have EASILY won the game.
Next SF playoff we lose to SF by 5 points scoring ONLY 12 points. While our defense defense only allows 17. DESPITE our offensive turnovers.
So the bottom line a REAL QB absolutely allows his team to win both playoff games
DAK DOES NOT.
This guy knows football

NotForLong

Reaction score
Maybe they just have good defenses, both on the line and in the secondary, so they played well against the offensive line and Dak held the ball too long because either the coverage was good or he was too afraid to throw the ball because the receivers weren’t open enough for him (but for other QBs they may have been).
Obviously

Creeper

Reaction score
CeeDee gets results while WRs getting paid between $15 million to $20 million get shut down. Pay CeeDee!
This thread is about the Cowboys team, not about CeeDee, isn't it?

The question is, would the COWBOYS be better if they had 3 receivers instead of 1. Of course it is good to have a star WR, but the Chiefs won the SB after Tyreek Hill went to Miami. Winning football is about the composition of the team. Sounds great to have the best WR in the league. But I'd rather win something even if it means none of our players make a pro-bowl.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This thread is about the Cowboys team, not about CeeDee, isn't it?

The question is, would the COWBOYS be better if they had 3 receivers instead of 1. Of course it is good to have a star WR, but the Chiefs won the SB after Tyreek Hill went to Miami. Winning football is about the composition of the team. Sounds great to have the best WR in the league. But I'd rather win something even if it means none of our players make a pro-bowl.
The Chiefs won the SB with and without Tyreek Hill. If the Cowboys don't get CeeDee paid, the passing game will suffer and the ultimate goal will be further out of reach.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Chiefs won the SB with and without Tyreek Hill. If the Cowboys don't get CeeDee paid, the passing game will suffer and the ultimate goal will be further out of reach.
I am not suggesting the Cowboys should ride into the 2024 season without any WRs. I am suggesting, with foresight, the Cowboys might have been better off trading CeeDee for a first round pick before the draft, then using the pick to take a WR in a WR deep draft. And instead of signing CeeDee for $35 million, use that money to sign 2 additional WRs giving the Cowboys 3 capable WRs plus Cooks and whoever else they have to compete. The question is, is it better to have 1 star WR and 3 scrubs behind him, or 3 good WRs, but no top 10 WR. In my mind this is about the efficiency of the money they spend.

Where we stand today, the Cowboys only have 2 choices. Extend CeeDee, or let him enter free agency in 2025 with no compensation. Of course they can franchise tag him but I don't know if that is a long term solution.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I like Lamb. He really stepped up and found his game. He is a legit star receiver.

Having said that. The list of star receivers making top money who never won a championship is pretty long.