Mini-Camp Photos (Sunday's 1st Practice)

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Here's what I have right now. Some of these will appear on DallasCowboys.com later tonight, so thanks to them for allowing me to take these shots.

As for the morning practice, I'll post a more detailed summary later tonight when I get back in SA (around 10 CT).

The highlights were that Vinny threw two picks (one to Newman where he broke on the ball, the other to Dat Nguyen after it got tipped by Singleton). Hunter broke up two passes, one of which can be seen in the picture below on a pass thrown to Antonio. Bryant probably should have made the catch, but Hunter did a nice job.

aljohnson.JPG

Al Johnson

antoniobryant.JPG

Antonio Bryant

hunter.JPG

Pete Hunter

hunterbryant.JPG

Pete Hunter breaking up a pass thrown to Antonio Bryant

mcbriar.JPG

Punter Mat McBriar

vollers.JPG

Kurt Vollers

roywilliams.JPG

Roy Williams

roywilliams1.JPG

Roy Williams

juliusjones21.JPG

Julius Jones

quarterbacks.JPG

Vinny Testaverde and Quincy Carter

cason.JPG

Aveion Cason

key1.JPG

Keyshawn Johnson

qcarter.JPG

Quincy Carter

juliusjoneswalk.JPG

Julius Jones

blindzebra

Reaction score
Roy ain't 240 like a lot of people have been saying. If anything he looks thinner.

BadKarma

Reaction score
Dat looks like he's really hit the weight room. I thought RW would be a little more cut up after reading reports he's been working out.

Looks like linemen are required to wear the knee braces throughout camp.

Nice photos.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Roy ain't 240 like a lot of people have been saying. If anything he looks thinner.
He does look thinner. Hopefully he'll get quicker :eek:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Vollers has lost a lot of weight ;)

He's always looked like a Landry Tackle...if that makes any sense.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Vollers has lost a lot of weight ;)
And now it's clear why Tuna has mentioned several times AL Johnson lost a lot during his recovery and needs to put some back on. Gotta build back up that upper body, it seems. He looks smaller than Matt right now.

Cason looks freakin great.

Great job, Dale.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
And now it's clear why Tuna has mentioned several times AL Johnson lost a lot during his recovery and needs to put some back on. Gotta build back up that upper body, it seems. He looks smaller than Matt right now.

Cason looks freakin great.

Great job, Dale.

The only thing about Cason is it seems all the added weight is in the chest area. His legs don't look much bigger at all. This is where he's built differently from a guy like Julius. Sure, Julius' chest is huge, but so are his thighs -- much like Emmitt's. Even with the added weight, I'm not convinced Cason has the build to be an everydown-type back.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Has Carter put on any weight? I think that was one of the to do's Bill asked of him. How is his form - any improvements year over year?

Vinnie two ints? How did Romo fare today?

Tier 2 CB's - how is the kid from Rutgers faring?

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
qcarter.JPG

Hey Sean.... don't turn your back on the future!!!

Great pics Dale. Thanks :)

Smith22

Reaction score
Dale said:
The only thing about Cason is it seems all the added weight is in the chest area. His legs don't look much bigger at all. This is where he's built differently from a guy like Julius. Sure, Julius' chest is huge, but so are his thighs -- much like Emmitt's. Even with the added weight, I'm not convinced Cason has the build to be an everydown-type back.
Yeah, if anything, he will be putting more stress on his lower body carrying the extra weight. Sounds like a 3rd down back.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Dale said:

I agree that if he doesn't bulk up his lower body it doesn't do him any good.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Dale said:
Running backs have to have ultra strong legs, sure, but how many have the Earl Campbell thunder thighs?

Ok bad example :p

The body type of Emmit Smith and Curtis Martin are very similar - smallish backs who can do it as "workhorses", and have remarkable thighs. But I've noticed some massively thighed smaller backs like Amos Zereoue have't done well as feature backs.

I don't see of pic of Aveion's legs tho..where is there one?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Running backs have to have ultra strong legs, sure, but how many have the Earl Campbell thunder thighs?

Ok bad example :p

The body type of Emmit Smith and Curtis Martin are very similar - smallish backs who can do it as "workhorses", and have remarkable thighs. But I've noticed some massively thighed smaller backs like Amos Zereoue have't done well as feature backs.

I don't see of pic of Aveion's legs tho..where is there one?

Barry Sanders also had huge thighs

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Barry Sanders also had huge thighs
Remember Robert Newhouse? Man if he got those pistons pumping and he was leaning forward it took 5 or more guys to bring him down.