Mini-Camp Photos (Sunday's 1st Practice)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Nors said:
Tier 2 CB's - how is the kid from Rutgers faring?
I'm interested in this as well... Have Jones, Thornton, or Reeves or any of the other guys stood out?

Judgling from Parcells' comments at the press conference, Powell is the one pushing Hunter... He might have passed Davison at this point?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
Running backs have to have ultra strong legs, sure, but how many have the Earl Campbell thunder thighs?

Ok bad example :p

The body type of Emmit Smith and Curtis Martin are very similar - smallish backs who can do it as "workhorses", and have remarkable thighs. But I've noticed some massively thighed smaller backs like Amos Zereoue have't done well as feature backs.

I don't see of pic of Aveion's legs tho..where is there one?

Earl the Pearl...the Tyler Rose.

Man Earl was a beast...there will never be another like him IMO.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Remember Robert Newhouse? Man if he got those pistons pumping and he was leaning forward it took 5 or more guys to bring him down.

I was just a young kid but yes I do. He was a LOAD.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
BrownSugar said:
I've seen Pete this offseason, but hadn't seen AB and Aveion. But yeah, Pete looks good, too!!

I remember a year ago I asked you who the best looking Cowboys were, and that Pete was included in your answer (Cason too) ..they're playing Hard Knocks again and it wasn't til this week I got to see what your were talking about re Huiter . Game time just doesn't do it.

Of course the interest, like the scrutiny of every bleesed detail, is football related, only. ;)

By the way, Brown Sugar, I wasn't here on your birthday, but happy belated b'day, hon, and to today's birthday girl as well...Cowgal!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrownSugar said:
I've seen Pete this offseason, but hadn't seen AB and Aveion. But yeah, Pete looks good, too!!
Is he the new Boo?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrownSugar said:
Heck no, I've just seem him at happy hour...
Ah, so seeing him makes you happy. For an hour anyway...

Just kidding love. ;)

BrownSugar

One Classy Lady
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I remember a year ago I asked you who the best looking Cowboys were, and that Pete was included in your answer (Cason too) ..they're playing Hard Knocks again and it wasn't til this week I got to see what your were talking about re Huiter . Game time just doesn't do it.

Of course the interest, like the scrutiny of every bleesed detail, is football related, only. ;)

By the way, Brown Sugar, I wasn't here on your birthday, but happy belated b'day, hon, and to today's birthday girl as well...Cowgal!
:D , yep, football related only...

You know, Thorton does look like Edwards, and I didn't really notice it until I got the pics from my b-day party back, he and Davison came.....Thorton looks a lot older than what he actually is...

Thanks for the belated b-day wish, and also happy b-day to Cowgal!!

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
BrownSugar said:
:D Davison came.....

Ahh, celebrating your birthday with ex-Jets, huh? :p

By next year there should be enough of them in town, you'll need to rent a
circus tent for your party.

BrownSugar

One Classy Lady
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Ahh, celebrating your birthday with ex-Jets, huh? :p

By next year there should be enough of them in town, you'll need to rent a
circus tent for your party.
LOL, you're definitely right about that, right now I guess we're the South Jets :D ...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for the pics. They are just what the doctor ordered for this Cowboy lover.

Is it training camp yet???

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Nors said:
next ex jet to cowboy? :eek:
Johnny.

Next offseason the team has to re-sign the bumper crop of four first rounders in 2000. Priority, is of course, on Pennington. They have acknowledged re-signing all four will likely be impossible.

Take your pick of Abraham and Ellis. Both of whom Bill drafted. And both of whom have been to Pro Bowls. Shaun Ellis will be 27 next March when the FA period begins.

Johnny Abe, who Bill took with his first of the four first round picks, just 26.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Your web hunting skills duly noted.

Yes - but are DE's that big a priority?

LaTunaNostra said:
Johnny.

Next offseason the team has to re-sign the bumper crop of four first rounders in 2000. Priority, is of course, on Pennington. They have acknowledged re-signing all four will likely be impossible.

Take your pick of Abraham and Ellis. Both of whom Bill drafted. And both of whom have been to Pro Bowls. Shaun Ellis will be 27 next March when the FA period begins.

Johnny Abe, who Bill took with his first of the four first round picks, just 26.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Nors said:
Your web hunting skills duly noted.

Yes - but are DE's that big a priority?
Well, since the Jet aim to turn Abraham into a "hybrid" LB/DE this year, who know what he'll be by next March?

I mean, once the 15 percent of 3-4 option down here is moving towards 50....

Think McGinest role in NE, Nors.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the great pics., Dale - we appreciate whatever and whenever you can provide it for us. Thanks again for all of them.