Twitter: Mini camp tweets

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yeah I did too. But all of a sudden they're coming out of the wood works.
I wrote this on January 30th:

However, if Quinn might have designs on using Parsons some at LB and some at LEO getting after the passer, then I’d be more than down with that. Parsons is incredibly athletic and can do so much on defense to help, including being a pretty accomplished pass rusher. If they’re going to be creative with him and put him in position to make plays, then not only would I pick him at 10... but I’d be very excited about us picking him.

In that post I was basically saying that I wasn’t crazy about spending a top 10 pick on an off the ball LB… however, if his character checked out (it did), and if they planned on using him to attack the QB some as an on the ball player (they are), then I’d love for him to be the pick.

I will admit though… I didn’t expect them to be nearly so aggressive with how they’re going to use him. Garrett would have put Parsons at MLB and there he would have stayed. So I pretty much Moved on to other draftees.

I couldn’t be happier that I was wrong about using him right. It is the most impactful player they could have drafted, IMO, and it really increases what the defense can do in Quinn’s first year here.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/my-draft-objectives-for-this-year-based-on-the-roster.472839/

I’m saying this, not to say I was right (I’m wrong plenty)… but to say there were guys on here who thought very highly about Parsons. He just wasn’t talked about nearly as much as the corners,

Last edited:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I doubt he starts at all.

There is an old western film called, "Day of the Evil Gun." It stars Glenn Ford and Arthur Kennedy. At one point Ford and Kennedy are riding a horse across a desert. The horse has been wounded. It finally dies. It is a tragic moment, and I have no idea how they got the horse to stagger and fall. Just very realistic.

I have seen your comments about Parsons. The one above made me think of that scene.

You're going to ride this dying horse until he drops as Parsons is in the running for defensive rookie of the year.

I will not make fun of you, nor rejoice in your solitude as the fan base surrounds this guy. I just want you to be aware I know you are now hanging on by fingernails because of pride.

Been there. Done that. Got the XXX sized t-shirt.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There is an old western film called, "Day of the Evil Gun." It stars Glenn Ford and Arthur Kennedy. At one point Ford and Kennedy are riding a horse across a desert. The horse has been wounded. It finally dies. It is a tragic moment, and I have no idea how they got the horse to stagger and fall. Just very realistic.

I have seen your comments about Parsons. The one above made me think of that scene.

You're going to ride this dying horse until he drops as Parsons is in the running for defensive rookie of the year.

I will not make fun of you, nor rejoice in your solitude as the fan base surrounds this guy. I just want you to be aware I know you are now hanging on by fingernails because of pride.

Been there. Done that. Got the XXX sized t-shirt.
Good to know...

We wear the same size t-shirt. ;)

I will give Micah Parsons his fair due when he earns it in an actual regular-season game. Until then, he can do no right in my eyes. He's just another rookie with no star on his helmet.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Good to know...

I will give Micah Parsons his fair due when he earns it in an actual regular-season game. Until then, he can do no right in my eyes. He's just another rookie with no star on his helmet.
So you feel that way about all rookies then, Joe?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Good to know...

Let's split an extra large pizza and negotiate a truce.