MiniCamp Photos-Wire Image - 05/12/07

ethiostar

Reaction score
stealth;1497825 said:
ya of any of the pics I have seen that really makes me nervous, he almost looks like he is coaching...:bang2:

yeah, i agree with yall, although the picture of L. Davis is pretty terrifying as well.

tunazboyz

Reaction score
skinsscalper;1497637 said:
Don't discount what Sherman could do for Crayton, himself. In case you've forgotten, Crayton leads the team with 1st down % on all of his catches. He makes plays over the middle and has the best hands on the team. To even speculate that Crayton woulod be the one to go (after we have invested this much time into his development) is stupid. Why continue to develop receivers when you are justgoing to cut them loose when they are on the cusp of actually doing something? As it stands (currently) not a single one of those receivers could carry Crayton's jock, otherwise THEY would be 3rd on a depth chart that starts with T.O. and Glenn. I'm all for the development of these young guys and it's true that they are impressive physical specimens, but doesn't equal squat when the live bullets are flying. Crayton has proven that he's capable of performing when it's "for real". Until one of these kids even sniffs that level, Crayton is here to stay.

It's also no secret that T.O. and Glenn are no spring chickens. You really want to go into the 08 season with minimal experience and potential upside? My guess is that this is Glenn's last year in Dallas (yes, I think T.O. will play out his deal). We could do a hell of a lot worse than T.O and Crayton as a 1+2 if Crayton continues to develop at his current pace. Crayton wasn't tendered at a 3rd round level because Hurd and Austin are the future of the franchise. Quite the opposite, in fact. That doesn't mean that Hurd and Austin (or Stanbach) won't develop into fine receivers (which is why Jerry only bought Crayton for one more season). They will be given every opportunity to succeed, but with Crayton's experience and his knack for catching everything thrown his way, these kids are going to have to be phenomenal for the Cowboys to just trash the entire time they spent developing Crayton.

SS

:star:

My Dear Son I think you are taking what I'm trying to say WAY out of context. I love Patrick but if it's gonna cost them mega-millions to keep him next year especially if TO and Terry stay strong this season and seem to have a couple left, economically (salary cap wise) I don't think Jerry will do it. That's all I'm saying. Hurd is having a spectacular camp and catches everything that comes his way as well. They expect great things from Austin and if Stanbeck shows early he can handle the receiver transition it's gonna be cheaper to go with either of them as 3rd than to pay big dollars to Crayton just to keep him as a third. I'm not taking anything from Patrick's skills. The man is crazy good with the hands and phenominal to watch but $ is $ and just a few other points, Flozell's in the last season of his contract, Terrance needs to be paid and a couple other players like Julius are gonna be due new contracts with large signing bonuses. Who you think loses out with such a backlog at receiver? I'm thinking Jerry was thinking this and that's the reason he didn't sign Patrick to a larger deal than the 1yr tender...:rolleyes: