Minnesota Trade to Obtain 23rd Overall Pick

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
It means nothing. Why do fans think when a team trades ahead of us they want a player we wanted.
Especially that Philly pick. There was nothing indicating we wanted a Te at that point.
I could be wrong but I think we were in play for a TE. They drafted Schultz in 2018, but I think they wanted Goedert.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I think it’s too early to assume this has anything to do with jumping in front of the cowboys. Probably just an opportunity to trade up came to them and they took it.
It 100% does not have anything to do with us, if so, then Minnesota has the dumbest FO in the history of sports.

Why would they advertise to the entire league their intentions a month and a half before the draft? Dallas could easily just leap frog them back

This just has everything to do with Houston. For whatever reason they wanted to trade down and get more pick and wanted to secure the trade now as opposed to draft day when sometimes **** happens. They probably let it be known that on draft day the cost would increase so Minnesota dealt now

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Just in front of Dallas:

I'm suspicious. What does this mean for the Cowboys? Is there a player we want that they want too?

Reminds me of when Philly jumped us and snagged Dallas Goeddard. :thumbdown:

Not a WR, that's for sure. We both are looking for that next franchise QB, they are much more than us, but as every day passes without an extension, so are the Cowboys.

Not sure how much of Zimm's defense is left on Minnesota to know if they are going that direction but looks like we are both in desperate need of a strong DT. RB? They just signed Aaron Jones.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it means they have a plan, unlike us we have no plan, we react afterward and then grasp at straws.
They (Cowboys) have a plan. They just don't know what to do with it. I mean it looks like something a 1st grade student drew up. Then you know, look t it a week later and think ... what in the hell did I draw ...

John813

Reaction score
Surprised Houston did that trade now and not during the draft to drive up pricing

Unless Vikings trying to pull a Philly and move up higher in the draft now for a QB by acquiring multiple firsts.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It means nothing. Why do fans think when a team trades ahead of us they want a player we wanted.
Especially that Philly pick. There was nothing indicating we wanted a TE at that point.
Lol. There was EVERYTHING indicating we wanted a TE with that pick with a big part of our offense in Witten retiring. It's okay to admit we were one-upped. Goedert didn't turn out to be some world beater. Very serviceable, yes.

khiladi

Reaction score
it means they have a plan, unlike us we have no plan, we react afterward and then grasp at straws.

tumblr_pdki1i1E7N1xch6xgo1_400.gif