Minnesota Trade to Obtain 23rd Overall Pick

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
It means nothing. Why do fans think when a team trades ahead of us they want a player we wanted.
Especially that Philly pick. There was nothing indicating we wanted a TE at that point.
There was nothing indicating we wanted a TE?

Witten just retired and dude's name is Dallas.

Can't you smell what the universe was cooking!?

/s

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Vikings wanting to obtain another 1st round pick now to trade up further later doesn't explain why the Texans would do this now.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
This will be interesting to see how this plays out. Because I think the first 3 picks are going to be QBs. Both Arizona and L.A. are eying WR Harrison. I think the Chargers don't trade with the Vikings unless Arizona refuses them. If AZ stays put, then the Chargers probably trade their pick.
Agree, so in the QB merry-go-round, do the Bears trade Fields?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was nothing indicating we wanted a TE?

Witten just retired and dude's name is Dallas.

Can't you smell what the universe was cooking!?

/s
Let me rephrase, there was nothing indicating we wanted a TE with that pick at that time.

My sense of smell is very fine. :cool:

What others may have been smelling was the product of their own stink they constantly put out. :lmao:

Flamma

Reaction score
Agree, so in the QB merry-go-round, do the Bears trade Fields?
They have to if they are taking a QB. Otherwise trade back with NE and take WR Harrison. But that's only if they want to keep Fields.

Motorola

Reaction score
Just in front of Dallas:

I'm suspicious. What does this mean for the Cowboys? Is there a player we want that they want too?

Reminds me of when Philly jumped us and snagged Dallas Goeddard. :thumbdown:

Every year, there are some CZers that will surmise ANY of the other 31 teams that move up in the draft - be it during a certain round, on a particular night, the day before, or in this case SIX WEEKS before the draft begins...a spot or two before Dallas... that team is doing it to purposely to "rob" the Cowboys of a player they THINK the team MIGHT be coveting.

Last edited:

Sandyf

Reaction score
I could see Minnesota trading 11 and 23 to Chargers for #5 and then trade Justin Jefferson to Arizona for #4 and #35 and 3rd in 2025.

Helps Arizona who have plenty of money to sign Jefferson to long term deal and then depending what happens in first 3 picks. Minnesota gets top WR like Harrison, Rome or Nabers and either Drake Maye or J.J. McCarthy at QB.

Both Maye and McCarthy are same style QB as Cousins but for moe mobile. Plus the have Addison at WR. Arizona has another #1 at 27.

Win, win for both teams.

Jipper

Reaction score
It means nothing. Why do fans think when a team trades ahead of us they want a player we wanted.
Especially that Philly pick. There was nothing indicating we wanted a TE at that point.
100% agree...there is no way they could predict who would be there at that point...they are simply trying to position themselves for multiple 1st round picks

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Those purple bastages! What the hell are they up to? Something stinks about this. :banghead:

NotaCowboysFan

Reaction score
The Vikings wanting to obtain another 1st round pick now to trade up further later doesn't explain why the Texans would do this now.
Yah this is the part of the trade I didnt get, what compelled Houston to do this now for the return they got. Id get it if they were getting quite the haul in return but it feels like Minnesota actually got the better end of the deal.

Even if Houston has decided that there arent 23 players with a first round grade i dont see why you make this move at this time for such paltry compensation.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Unless they need a center, there was no particular need to trade in front of us. More likely, they dangled this deal to multiple teams and Houston was the one who agreed to it.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Just in front of Dallas:

I'm suspicious. What does this mean for the Cowboys? Is there a player we want that they want too?

Reminds me of when Philly jumped us and snagged Dallas Goeddard. :thumbdown:

This is what Dallas should be doing. We need a starter at RB, OT, C.

shabazz

Reaction score
They (Cowboys) have a plan. They just don't know what to do with it. I mean it looks like something a 1st grade student drew up. Then you know, look t it a week later and think ... what in the hell did I draw ...
This negativity is triggering me :muttley:

75boyz

Reaction score
Patriots have the #3 pick. 11th and 23rd combine could get them the QB at #3 if the Patriots are willing.
You may be right but on the other hand Mayo may want to stand pat and get his Brady at number 3.
This time he ain't gonna risk a wait til the 6th round to see if lightning can strike twice, lol