Minnesota Trade to Obtain 23rd Overall Pick

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Surprised Houston did that trade now and not during the draft to drive up pricing

Unless Vikings trying to pull a Philly and move up higher in the draft now for a QB by acquiring multiple firsts.
That’s exactly what they’re doing. LA chargers are at 5 and probably would prefer the multiple 1sts. This would allow Minnesota to leapfrog Las Vegas, the Giants, as well as block anyone else from moving up

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Patriots have the #3 pick. 11th and 23rd combine could get them the QB at #3 if the Patriots are willing.
Good point, and Pat's are too far away to sign a QB, get two first round in 2024....and will still have a high puck in 2025.

exciter

Reaction score
Just in front of Dallas:

I'm suspicious. What does this mean for the Cowboys? Is there a player we want that they want too?

Reminds me of when Philly jumped us and snagged Dallas Goeddard. :thumbdown:

Lol, it’s obvious they’re targeting who they feel is the best available QB left and chances are fair they may even use this pick and the 11th to move up farther if the QB they like falls out of 5th 6th but hey, they’re actively trying to steal who we’re targeting 6 weeks before the draft. Even sillier when you consider they’re looking at a sub 6 win season but they’re trying to foil our plans!!!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That’s exactly what they’re doing. LA chargers are at 5 and probably would prefer the multiple 1sts. This would allow Minnesota to leapfrog Las Vegas, the Giants, as well as block anyone else from moving up
Don't spot block me, bro.

tm1119

Reaction score
11 and 23 alone gets them to #4 and with AZ not needing a QB (arguable) it makes a ton of sense. Just a matter of what New England does at #3 because I can’t see trading up for the 4th best QB in this class.

HanD

Reaction score
Unless Vikings trying to pull a Philly and move up higher in the draft now for a QB by acquiring multiple firsts.
this is exactly what i think is going on. minn keeping flexibility to get their next franchise qb.

Verdict

Reaction score
Patriots have the #3 pick. 11th and 23rd combine could get them the QB at #3 if the Patriots are willing.
I would think that the draft value chart would indicate that it would cost a little more to move that far up.

HanD

Reaction score
Seems like Minnesota got the better of that deal. Why wouldn't Houston just keep the first?
if you click on it, it also includes hou getting another 2nd rounder next year

2024 2nd, 6th and 2025 2nd
for 2024 #23 and 7th

Flamma

Reaction score
This will be interesting to see how this plays out. Because I think the first 3 picks are going to be QBs. Both Arizona and L.A. are eying WR Harrison. I think the Chargers don't trade with the Vikings unless Arizona refuses them. If AZ stays put, then the Chargers probably trade their pick.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Surprised Houston did that trade now and not during the draft to drive up pricing

Yep, it’s about ammo, not just the 23rd pick, because that would be foolish not even knowing who is available at that point now.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I would think that the draft value chart would indicate that it would cost a little more to move that far up.
760 plus 1250 2010 is less than the 2200.
Depends if the Patriots take like a couple of 4th picks too or are dead set on trading down or not.
dtc.jpg