Misplaced Blame

khiladi

Reaction score
I remember when this forum was saying throw it to Dez, because even when he looks coveted, he makes the play..

Probably the same guys blaming him for supposedly not getting open.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Zeke and Dez have to cover for all the incompetence, because Dak was picked higher or we have young 'talent' in defense..

Forget the fact Zeke has to go against stacked line and so does the OL, because Denver wanted to see if Dak could make them pay.. he's still suppose to run well against 8 and 9 man fronts all the time.. but you know, it's Zeke's fault that Dak can't throw deep right now or well in general this season to challenge Denver deep, because you know he's a fourth round pick..

Too bad that excuse of being a fourth round pick wasn't heard all off season.. back then it was he's the next Brady. He's too smart to hand a sophomore slump.. yada, yada, yada

BTW, Matt Ryan throws an incredibly high number of tight window passes with accuracy and zip.. unless Dak can become Ryan, things aren't going to be solved simply with Julio Jones..

If Dez was great, then Zeke wouldn't see stacked boxes.

If Zeke was playing better the WRs would get open on play fakes.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Stored safely in the legends of your own mindo_O

Keep it sheathed as it's once gleaming luster has faded to the dim glow of a dying penlighto_O

Use that keen edge to pare the fatiguing tangle foot of b.s. o_O

I could contribute more,bro!
but I'm hard pressed to submit my " Dear Abbey " syndicated column by the required deadlineo_O

:thumbup:
I liken myself to a used car that's unique. It's cool, but it has dents. It has scratches. I don't care if I'm parked in a lot and get dinged by the next car. I got dings.
I'm not some new Maserati that needs to be buffed on the daily and fear encroaches the owner every time I'm parked.

I embrace my faults and don't shy away from them. It makes me Me.

I also enjoy what I am and embrace myself.

More people should.

khiladi

Reaction score
If Dez was great, then Zeke wouldn't see stacked boxes.

If Zeke was playing better the WRs would get open on play fakes.

You mean Denver says they were stacking the box because they wanted Dez to beat them with his arm, not Dak?

Maybe if Dak was great (which you just acknowledged he's a fourth round pick), then Denver wouldn't have stacked the box.. how about that?

so now it's Zeke's fault that WR can't get open, while Denver is stacking the box to stop Zeke?

Wow, what logic..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whatever your on I want some too.

There aren't any good WRs due to be free agents this offseason, and the ones that are available are 98 years old, not any good, or not leaving were they are right now.

Eventually you will have to get over your Dez hate, taking a big cap hit with noone to replace him just doesn't make sense as of right now.

There be some decent free agents. I'm curious to see what Terrell Pryor does this season. He is on a 1 year contract.

Hopefully Noah Brown, Switzer and Rico develop as receiving options this season.

There is also the draft.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean Denver says they were stacking the box because they wanted Dez to beat them with his arm, not Dak?

Maybe if Dak was great (which you just acknowledged he's a fourth round pick), then Denver wouldn't have stacked the box.. how about that?

so now it's Zeke's fault that WR can't get open, while Denver is stacking the box to stop Zeke?

Wow, what logic..

Dak requires receivers to get open, especially the #1 WR.

khiladi

Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...-cowboys-wide-receivers-production-route/amp/

Dak Prescott struggles with the go-route. BOTH Dez and TWill, in 2014, with Romo were two of the TOP three WRs in go-routes. AND Dallas was bottom four in terms of passes thrown.

Blaming Dez for the simplicity in this offense is comical, considering TWill ran the same amount of routes. A SECOND WR in the top 3..

No, it's Dak who struggles in the go route..

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I would get bored if everyone agreed with me.
Extremely True.
We all love a good argument when we feel empowered by thinking we're right.

Adrenaline baby!

So sad that posting on a message board now creates fighting adrenaline...

We really are going the way of WALL-E.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
There be some decent free agents. I'm curious to see what Terrell Pryor does this season. He is on a 1 year contract.

Hopefully Noah Brown, Switzer and Rico develop as receiving options this season.

There is also the draft.

I don't think much of Pryor at all, and as for our future low round draft pick wanna bes....not basing the future on any of them. None of them have real speed anyway.

The draft, perhaps, as I said thats really the only and main option. I don't mind moving up for someone with as many picks as we have.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Umm no

Blame yesterday goes in this order:

1. Defense
2. Dak
3. Head Coach

Dez cant throw himself the ball and zeke cant run when 4 defenders are in the backfield every snap

I'm not in blame Dak mode but defense is clear cut #1.

Jason and his assistants just do what they do. They aren't going to win a ball game for us but they can sure as heck lose it.

jday

Reaction score
The point is that looking at the whole game, the defense played well enough for it to be a much closer game if the offense had done it's part and held the ball longer.

My statement that Dez and Zeke were the problem does not literally mean everyone else was perfect.

The point was that Dez and Zeke were that relative to expectations that they were the problems.

This defense is very young and will have some struggles. Carroll was terrible but expectations are very low for him as a stop gap player and he didn't play that many snaps.

The expectation is that Dak will struggle with no running game.
I see your point, but to lump the lion share of the blame on Dez and Zeke specifically seems too simple an explanation for everything that went wrong Sunday. Zeke really didn't have a whole lot of running room to begin with...I for one didn't see too many holes for him to hit.

Now, if you want to simply point out that both Dak and Zeke's attitude was questionable, I am completely with you. Heck, if you want to point out that Zeke seemed slow out of the gate, I might even be with you there. But to put the blame on them as the source or as a reason everything went wrong seems misguided to me...but that's just me...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see your point, but to lump the lion share of the blame on Dez and Zeke specifically seems too simple an explanation for everything that went wrong Sunday. Zeke really didn't have a whole lot of running room to begin with...I for one didn't see too many holes for him to hit.

Now, if you want to simply point out that both Dak and Zeke's attitude was questionable, I am completely with you. Heck, if you want to point out that Zeke seemed slow out of the gate, I might even be with you there. But to put the blame on them as the source or as a reason everything went wrong seems misguided to me...but that's just me...
Last year he would have run to the outside when the middle was clogged. In this game he lacked the required burst to run outside.

There is no guaranted that they win if Zeke and Dez live up to their ecpectations but the team would definitely have had a chance.

jday

Reaction score
Last year he would have run to the outside when the middle was clogged. In this game he lacked the required burst to run outside.

There is no guaranted that they win if Zeke and Dez live up to their ecpectations but the team would definitely have had a chance.
They would have had a better, but I could probably make a similar statement about every player, including Dak.

The difference, for many outsider opinions, is Dez and Zekes attitude while the beat down was in progress.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They would have had a better, but I could probably make a similar statement about every player, including Dak.

The difference, for many outsider opinions, is Dez and Zekes attitude while the beat down was in progress.
Dak is ahead of expectations. He is young and QB is the most difficult position.

RB is easiest transition from college to Pro. Top 5 picks are not drafted that early just because of talent but also because of readiness for the NFL.

Offense:
Green - 2nd game at Guard
La'el - 2nd game at OT
TWill - Bad Ankle

Defense:

Rookies
Lewis
Awuzie
Taco
Woods - Safety that had to play CB.

Pseudo Rookies
Jaylon
Tapper

2nd year
M.Collins
Brown
Frazier

Limited experience
Heath - 1st year starter
Jones - 2nd year at FS

New to Cowboys
Paea - New to Cowboys
Carroll - New to Cowboys
Price (DT) - New to Cowboys

Multi-year Cowboys starters
Scandrick - Out
Lawrence
Lee
Crawford - Bad Ankle

Lee and Lawrence are the only healthy multi-year Cowboys starters.

By design the defense is going to have some struggles early this season.