Missing extra point, did it cost us two games this season?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Extra points are no longer a piece of cake. I see more misses now that it's a longer try, but Zuerlein misses more than he should. The misses change game strategy, but we've lost games for many reasons including the misses.
One of the few good changes the NFL has made is making the XP less of a gimme.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
You can't blame a loss like that on any one play.

It doesn't work that way.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Can we please start kicking off first and getting the ball after halftime?

Receiving the ball first is doing the opposite of what they want and it’s actually contributing to our slow starts.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
You can't assume that a game goes the same way it has with the extra point not being scored compared to all PATs being a hit. Scores change strategies, momentum etc...

So in my opinion this question is moot.

glimmerman

Reaction score
thats not how flow of games work, we lose that game either way..sorry but after those early kicks missed we had all game to adjust, as TB would have easily still won as they had all game to change the way they finished drives which btw were rather easy ie NOT MUCH DEFENSE.

how about the Interceptions, fumbles, penalties ,missed blocks, missed tackles, blown coverages, and mistakes made by all payers in this game..should we do some kind of math and figure out points lost by each players mistake??

LMAO GZ has not lost us single game and there's zero proof.

he hasnt lost us singled game , prove it ;;all his misses were early in game and if made say Bucs would have simply payed for a TD vs fg and the defense couldn't stop them all game..we haven't lost game because of our kicker or coaching decisions yet..,all these posts are ridiculous..

none of these games were lost over kick or poor coaching decision on to or going for it on 4th down or kicking the long kick vs a punt.,

there are distinct reasons that are plain to see for each loss

Bucs NO defense, that's clear..
Denver-the entire team was bad cant just pick on a player or coach, no one really showed to play.
KC- this was bad game for the offense but more so no run game on Moore, OL , and wrs drops were insane, show me a kick or xp actually cost us the game..
Raiders-Penalties and bad defense were more to blame then anyone..the OL wasnt good , no run game..again show me the xp missed would have changed the game...it doesnt

gregs not missed a clutch late game or OT kick and its why hes still here..hes been very average of late and not great but hes not the reason we lost any of those 4 games..
Where in my post did I blame him for the loss. I said it looks easy on paper to say if he made the kicks we win. And after a emotional lose by 1 or 3 points and he has missed a FG and or a EP I for sure will be looking at it. Most do. But it’s not his fault when your Defense gave up 30+ points. Like the murray fumble in the playoffs. If he don’t fumble and makes a TD then both sides play the rest of the game different. Knowing Marinelli he goes into prevent which he likely did anyway. Lol.

There is no way to tell if he makes those kicks that the rest of the game is played exactly the same. Nobody cares at this point. I just hope he is practicing his EP for tomorrow. Big come back game. We need to establish a run but and afraid because we are getting Lamb back that Moore may try to be pass happy. I think the saints are hard to run on but we can do it if we stick to it. If Elliot is dinged up use Pollard, he played well in his limited carries. Had a huge run called back for a phantom holding call..

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Just re-sign Lirim to PS and put some heat and pressure on Greg.

This nepotism BS needs to stop now.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The only thing we know is lost points on the scoreboard. The rest is up for conjecture on how the game would have gone otherwise had he made.

So he cost us a point in LV game - we went to overtime - all other things being equal we win by 1

He cost us 4 pts in the TB game. - we lost by 2 - all other things being equal we win by 2.

We don't know whether it would or would have not been equal - the only proof anyone can show is the scoreboard!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Whether it did or it didn't, it doesn't matter at this point for games in the past...unfortunately assigning blame doesn't change the outcome.

Issue is we having a kicking Problem and as fans we can see it but the FO refuses to address it...I have no issue with a fg percentage at the league average, we have been spoiled in the past so I'm fine with lowering that expectation.

However, there is no excuse for a kicker for missed extra points unless something breaks down on the line and it's blocked.

Here's hoping they change at least before next year
I don’t care about the past either. I don’t want to repeat it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lots of things can cost you a game
But they went for two because of the penalty which put the ball at the one. Most teams go for two when ball is at the one. The decision to go for two wasn’t panic on that one. It was the logical move
But missing an extra is generally something that comes back to bite you. Just like the penalty that took a TD off the board
Any loss of points could cost you a game just like any blown coverage that gives up points can cost you a game
Never take points off the board

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
absolutely NOT..

he hasnt lost us a single game , prove it ;;all his misses were early in game and if made say Bucs would have simply payed for a TD vs fg and the defense couldn't stop them all game..we haven't lost game because of our kicker or coaching decisions yet..,all these posts are ridiculous..

none of these games were lost over kick or poor coaching decision on to or going for it on 4th down or kicking the long kick vs a punt.,

there are distinct reasons that are plain to see for each loss

Bucs NO defense, that's clear..
Denver-the entire team was bad cant just pick on a player or coach, no one really showed to play.
KC- this was bad game for the offense but more so no run game on Moore, OL , and wrs drops were insane, show me a kick or xp actually cost us the game..
Raiders-Penalties and bad defense were more to blame then anyone..the OL wasnt good , no run game..again show me the xp missed would have changed the game...it doesnt

gregs not missed a clutch late game or OT kick and its why hes still here..hes been very average of late and not great but hes not the reason we lost any of those 4 games..
I understand your point totally. But he didn’t help us win it . I simply asked the question. I didn’t make and assumption.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
More blame going around and around and around and around.
Look man the team that scores the most points WINS!!!!!
Whoever is the Leader of our team is let him know that!!!:banghead:
I don’t recall blaming anybody. Other than the entire team. You’re the one who likes blaming individuals