Missing extra point, did it cost us two games this season?

John813

Reaction score
Extra point? The man missed three 3 pointers in the season opener! Zuerlein needs to go.

IMO He should of never played week 1. Missed most ofTC/PS and had 1 or 2 weeks to get back into it after back surgery. I put more blame on the coaches for his week 1 misses.
He had no confidence, even admitted it to the sideline reporter, and it showed.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
IMO He should of never played week 1. Missed most ofTC/PS and had 1 or 2 weeks to get back into it after back surgery. I put more blame on the coaches for his week 1 misses.
He had no confidence, even admitted it to the sideline reporter, and it showed.
If I blame anyone. It’s usually the coaches. Preparation motivation technique. Yes players make mistakes. But usually because Of coaching

Mr_437

Reaction score
If you keeping score every missed scoring opportunity counts.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Waldo can kick better!
I love that I don’t always have to be right. I love people having a difference of opinion. I love that you don’t insult me. When you have a difference of opinion. And vice versa. I wish more people on this forum would like that. Don’t take me wrong I don’t mind battling. The problem is people take kindness for weakness until it bites them. Appreciate you. And many others here. Even some of the clowns. I just don’t respect them.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You can overcome, A mistake Usually in the first three quarters. Missing an extra point. All of a sudden you panic. You end up going for two Points. And the probability of that is not great. I believe there were two games this season we could’ve won simply by making that extra point. So what is my point. Mistakes turnovers will always come back to get you.

How about the idiot MM taking a point off the board to go for it last game for 2 points? And failing. It can be argued that cost us the game right there.

Jipper

Reaction score
I don’t care about the past either. I don’t want to repeat it

Well until we get a different kicker back there is unfortunately probably unavoidable...I personally liked that CFL guy

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Missing the extra points certainly played a role. Nothing worse than an erratic kicker.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Extra point? The man missed three 3 pointers in the season opener! Zuerlein needs to go.
The kicker we had while he was out hit all his kicks against the falcons. And kicked off in the end zone. He had a leg and made all kicks. Even if they were all EP. 5 EP in a row. It would not have hurt to take a longer look..

mahoneybill

Reaction score
It does not help. Both games were close. We played the bucs and lost by a few points. Missed EP and a missed chip shot FG. There is 3 points. Then a missed long shot. I usually dont blame a kicker for those. But the next week he nails a 56 yarder with time running out for the win. Could have been 0-2 or 2-0. But I think that is right for the bucs game. Also we were playing the goat. Lol. If he was down by 7 or less he could have driven them down for a TD instead of just FG range. Point is I would rather make him score a TD than FG range.

The last game was a missed EP and a long shot. He doinked the long shot. I think we went for 2 and missed. Then went for it again and made it for OT. If he makes the EP we don’t go for the 2 point but maybe we do. I think there was a flag putting the ball at the 1. It enticed him into it. But if not then we win.

It’s easy to blame them for it because on paper making the kicks gives us a point total at the end of the game that is more than them. But the closer the game or bigger the lead makes the other team play different. Maybe they pass instead of run. And in the last game apparently all they needed to do is throw to Browns side and there would be a flag.

Thinking of this question makes me think of the packers playoff game when we had a lead and was starting in the first half to pull away with it and a fumble by murray changed the game. Had wide open field and could have put the points on the board to blow it out change the way the rest of the game was played.

good memory Re Murray fumble. The Dez non catch may have never happened and the following absurdity of what is a catch / football move avoided

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Extra points are no longer a piece of cake. I see more misses now that it's a longer try, but Zuerlein misses more than he should. The misses change game strategy, but we've lost games for many reasons including the misses.
I honestly wish we could go back to the way it used to be…20 yard kicks or what ever it was. Often the thrill of a TD is ruined by these missed kicks. Probably mentally affects these kickers too.

glimmerman

Reaction score
good memory Re Murray fumble. The Dez non catch may have never happened and the following absurdity of what is a catch / football move avoided
Would have maybe been the play to break there back. I think marinelli went into prevent and that’s what let them catch up. So if he don’t fumble and scores there we maybe didn’t need the Dez CATCH… It was a catch. Competition committee says now it was a catch. But who knows. Would have been nice to find out.. Maybe this year we see. Cowboys and packers to see who goes on.. Will Cooper or Lamb make the catch.. Or Noah Brown pull one in after all his drops..

glimmerman

Reaction score
Smith dropping the ball in the Endzone against Pittsburgh
He was paid off. How do you drop that pass. I was a kid when that happened and kicked and screamed in the floor after that game.. I still do but now it just looks sad.