Missing Kellen Moore yet?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team would lose with and without him so I don’t really care. We’re just losing in a different fashion now.
We should probably let the season....including playoffs...play out before we make that call. Just on game eh? That's all it takes?

khiladi

Reaction score
Did you even watch the games? Did KM called the same type of game with Rush?
And do you really think Rush was the reason we won those games? :facepalm:
Do you really think Dak won those games in 2016 or in 2021-2022 for that matter? Sounds like Kellen Moore knows how to tailor games according to his personnel... Maybe there is only so much you can do for Dak..

Mr_437

Reaction score
So predictable, where was this thread the first two weeks? Anyway, don't care and it doesn't matter because Kellen is gone.

Zman5

Reaction score
Do you really think Dak won those games in 2016 or in 2021-2022 for that matter? Sounds like Kellen Moore knows how to tailor games according to his personnel... Maybe there is only so much you can do for Dak..

Don't you always say Dak sucks ? But KM having Dak throw 40 plus a game is KM knowing "how to tailor games according to his personnel"? LOL.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Lol, most offenses tend to decline when the starting QB isn’t playing. Strange logic you use there.
No stranger than the logic that Dak was holding Moore's offense back which is what has been thrown out there time and again.. including when he went down in 2020 and several geniuses declared that Moore's offense was "really going to take off" with Andy Dalton at the helm.

At some point you have to accept that Dak is a good QB and for all his greatness Moore could not get anywhere near the production out of other QBs that he got out of Dak. Now he has Herbert who is another good QB so I expect that offense to function at a high level as well. The tale will be told come playoff time or simply when they meet one of those DCs who is smarter than Kellen Moore and who has the talent on the roster to execute his plan to neuter Moore's offense.

khiladi

Reaction score
Don't you always say Dak sucks ? But KM having Dak throw 40 plus a game is KM knowing "how to tailor games according to his personnel"? LOL.
He wasn't though.

Dallas was 19th in pass attempts last year and 6th in rushing. Clearly Moore was doing something right if they were 1st in red zone scoring.

9 of Daks 37 attempts in the SF game came in the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter, 13 total in the 4th. How many of his other throws were QB options?

Zman5

Reaction score
He wasn't though.

Dallas was 19th in pass attempts last year and 6th in rushing. Clearly Moore was doing something right if they were 1st in red zone scoring.

9 of Daks 37 attempts in the SF game came in the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter, 13 total in the 4th. How many of his other throws were QB options?

Funny you only referenced last years stats where Dak missed 5 games. Of course the average will be lower due to Rush playing in those games.

As I posted above Dak was averaging 39 attempts under KM.

SBWinner

Reaction score
Say what you will but his offense was top 3 or better for 3 yeats straight. Not his fault that Dak was throwing all of those picks. Even led the league in scoring one season too. What has McCarthy done?
McCarthy has won a superbowl. Get back to me when Moore does that. And no, I don't miss Moore.

khiladi

Reaction score
Funny you only referenced last years stats where Dak missed 5 games. Of course the average will be lower due to Rush playing in those games.

As I posted above Dak was averaging 39 attempts under KM.
His average attempts last year were 26 attempts per game. His average attempts the year before was 37 and he was 5-5 in games where he needed to throw 35 attempts, which is mediocre. One of his losses, against Tampa Bay, he checked out of 11-13 run plays per Moore. And the wins were against garbage teams.

What you are basically implying is that anytime they need Dak to win with his arm, he loses. When his RBs are totally close to 200 yards a game and they win big, it's because of Dak. Guess what? Your not going to get HOF running every game.

Last edited:

lostar2009

Reaction score
Nope, the defense lost that game. Our Oline was wrecked more than I knew. And tbh they played like it.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
Not at all! He was an inexperienced kid who has no business being an NFL Coach period. Maybe HS. Maybe.

Zman5

Reaction score
His average attempts last year were 26 attempts per game. His average attempts the year before was 37 and he was 5-5 in games where he needed to throw 35 attempts, which is mediocre. One of his losses, against Tampa Bay, he checked out of 11-13 run plays per Moore. And the wins were against garbage teams.

What you are basically implying is that anytime they need Dak to win with his arm, he loses.

Dak's passing attempts for two seasons where he played all games under KM were ranked 6th in 2019 and 7th in 2021.

If Dak sucked as bad as you say I won't want a OC that had the worse QB ever to play be in the top ten in attempts. Let alone 6th and 7th.

And for you to say KM knows how to taylor the game plans for his players is bunch of BS.

Zman5

Reaction score
Dak's pass attempt in2020 before getting injured.

Sure looks like KM wants Dak to just chuck it all over the place. There is noway Dak should be passing this much.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak's passing attempts for two seasons where he played all games under KM were ranked 6th in 2019 and 7th in 2021.

If Dak sucked as bad as you say I won't want a OC that had the worse QB ever to play be in the top ten in attempts. Let alone 6th and 7th.

And for you to say KM knows how to taylor the game plans for his players is bunch of BS.

And they took the ball away from him and he threw 15 picks in 10 games. They moved away from Linehan because he was too conservative. He failed on both.