Mistake not giving Kelvin Joseph PT

conner01

Reaction score
Has he earned snaps?
We don’t know what happens in practice or film room
I love getting young players some snaps but it still needs to be a player who ready to get those snaps

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I really didn't know this. I think he should get on the field some...and now I see that he has. Thanks.

He has been injured and now that he is back giving the time he has missed he will need to show it during the week, Quinn is going to put in his best players, after all this is not pre season this is not player try out time. Dallas is fighting to clinch the division and to put themselves in the best position they can leading up to the post season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Has he earned snaps?
We don’t know what happens in practice or film room
I love getting young players some snaps but it still needs to be a player who ready to get those snaps

What NFL team operates this way?

Every NFL teams plays their investments whether they have earned it or not.

It’s not highschool.

The NFL has no problem putting a worse player on the field if they were a higher investment.

With Joseph it doesn’t matter if he has earned it or not because he is 1 play away from being the starter whether he has earned it or not so getting him PT his just the smart thing to do.

conner01

Reaction score
What NFL team operates this way?

Every NFL teams plays their investments whether they have earned it or not.

It’s not highschool.

The NFL has no problem putting a worse player on the field if they were a higher investment.

With Joseph it doesn’t matter if he has earned it or not because he is 1 play away from being the starter whether he has earned it or not so getting him PT his just the smart thing to do.
He’s got some snaps
He wasn’t availible for some games but he’s been playing ST and has 14 defensive snaps
Looks like he’s got a couple snaps a game on average that he was availible for

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Im not freaking out. It may never be an issue.

It just seems like they would want to do this is all and I can’t believe they haven’t,

He’s your 2nd round pick as well. I’d think you’d want him to get some experience.
In a perfect world we blow out philly early and he plays second half but we cant worry about joseph when were still playing for a bye week

quickccc

Reaction score
- Since his groin injury during this summer cost Joseph so much very valuable learning time.

- Combined that with how he missed and got behind on some OTAs and did not neccessarily take training camp by storm, and it's
clear that's it's been more of a catch up mode with Joseph this year.
He even missed an NFL game per personal matters (family death?)

- i do believe the Cowboys were hoping Joseph would have a Trevon Diggs summer and seize the starting role away from Brown, but with all
of the previous mentions, he just wasn't ready for that move.

- With the success of the defense and the number of wins, and CBs not quite struggling, i don't think there's a push rush to
force Joseph into the front 3 roles. unless injuries change the dynamics.

- His preparation and expectations in this upcoming offseason and summer camps/preseason is gonna be what decide how he has to
transcend to the level of starter, imo.

Techsass

Reaction score
I'm hoping he drops a song explaining what's going on.
I hope it's a good song that screams just how talanted he is.

He’s got some snaps
He wasn’t availible for some games but he’s been playing ST and has 14 defensive snaps
Looks like he’s got a couple snaps a game on average that he was availible for
I thought he got more snaps than that. I remember somebody talking about him being out there on the field, but nothing recently.

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
I honestly forgot he was on the team. Maybe next season his impact will be greater. It's good I don't see him I guess. Means he isn't screwing up

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@CATCH17 I agree. Joseph should be getting some playing time. Cowboys need to see what they have in Joseph.

Hopefully, the Cowboys lock up the division and the offense finds its groove again and they can get Joseph, Wright, and Mukuamu playing time. Players can’t get better without reps.

Havic

Reaction score
I am sure week 17 he will be starting as we rest starters unless the game is for the #1 overall seed

johneric8

Reaction score
Look, Fat hasn't been needed yet, but Quinn is ready to put him in when one of the other guys goes down. What we're seeing right now is Brown playing outside his abilities to keep Fat on the sideline. Make no mistake about it though, Brown hears Fat's footsteps because he coming.

conner01

Reaction score
I hope it's a good song that screams just how talanted he is.

I thought he got more snaps than that. I remember somebody talking about him being out there on the field, but nothing recently.
That’s the snaps he shows to have but that’s over I think 8 games since he wasn’t available for the others
It isn’t broke down by game