Mistake not giving Kelvin Joseph PT

817Gill

Reaction score
He got 20% of the defensive snaps vs Atlanta. Quinn has said he feels Joseph is coming along and catching on with the defense and said he is comfortable in putting Joseph out there if need be.
Yup. Targeted 3 times and was blanketing the WR on all 3 though one throw was basically a throw away. Hasn’t seen much action but I’ve been encouraged by what he’s done when given those limited chances.

Would like to see him again if we are blowing out Wash as well.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I would like to see Joseph play but the Cowboys' CB trio of Diggs, Brown, and Lewis are getting it done. Brown had a horrible Thanksgiving but the rest of the year he's been playing the best football of his career.

ghst187

Reaction score
If we can get our 4th string RB against Washington carries I feel like our 2nd round pick could see the field a little.

Lol good point, not like Heinicke will be able to see downfield from his back…

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Look, Fat hasn't been needed yet, but Quinn is ready to put him in when one of the other guys goes down. What we're seeing right now is Brown playing outside his abilities to keep Fat on the sideline. Make no mistake about it though, Brown hears Fat's footsteps because he coming.
And that's what I love. I what AB playing like his job on the line that way you get the best out of him. I want KJ playing like a man possessed knowing he has limited opportunities. AB starts falling apart and then you get KJ in to obtain his spot and not give it back. I want appropriate fear and hunger from those dudes.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It's nice to have backups get reps when you can but when you're trying to protect 2 score leads it's hard to justify throwing a backup corner in. At this point Joseph is probably the 4th or 5th guy on the depth chart and even if he got a few snaps I don't know how impactful it would be. He's missed so much time and carried limited college experience with him.

It's a red shirt kind of year for Joseph.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This is a critique I have with this team right now.

They are 1 play away from him becoming a starter and it would be good experience for him to play in some of these games with Dallas having a big lead and they have just not gave him an opportunity whatsoever.

This isn’t a bash Anthony Brown thread or anything but basically get your insurance policy at DB a little experience.

Id hate to see this guy get his first start against a elite QB in the playoffs and never have got much playtime.

If we get up a couple scores on WFT then let the guy play. Give him a few series.
Totally agree. This has angered me much with Dan Quinn. He should be giving Kelvin Joseph, Nahshon Wright and Israel Mukuamu some gametime experience recently against these weaker teams the Cowboys have been playing and gotten decent leads on. Like alternate them for a series or two just to give them some gametime experience JUST IN CASE THEY ARE NEEDED IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Big mistake by Dan Quinn.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It's nice to have backups get reps when you can but when you're trying to protect 2 score leads it's hard to justify throwing a backup corner in. At this point Joseph is probably the 4th or 5th guy on the depth chart and even if he got a few snaps I don't know how impactful it would be. He's missed so much time and carried limited college experience with him.

It's a red shirt kind of year for Joseph.

No doubt, one game Diggs came out the other team scored and all the coaches in here hollering why Diggs was out? People love running a team from their PC but then their job is not on the line. This is not pre season, they have something during the week called practice and it is a place where guys can show their development and understanding. You don't just throw players out there like some pre season matchup that counts for nothing. I think Quinn has a good ideal where his players are in terms of being game ready or not. The problem is fans can't see it during the week so they assume whatever they choose with no consequence

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No way the coaches know more then our board members. Are you insane?

The same coaches that can’t figure out to call a TO right before half?

Stop acting like these coaches are these all knowing football geniuses who shouldn’t be questioned.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

They are 1 play away from him becoming a starter and it would be good experience for him to play in some of these games with Dallas having a big lead and they have just not gave him an opportunity whatsoever.

This isn’t a bash Anthony Brown thread or anything but basically get your insurance policy at DB a little experience.

Id hate to see this guy get his first start against a elite QB in the playoffs and never have got much playtime.

If we get up a couple scores on WFT then let the guy play. Give him a few series.
is he even active on game day? I haven't paid attention

Verdict

Reaction score
Generally I agree, but these games have been a little close.

If they try to sneak him in there and he got beat, all you'd hear is how stupid it was to try to play him.

But yeah I'm hoping the Washington game provides an opportunity for him to get some snaps.

Poster boy for why you do not zero in on position with draft picks.
The last sentence says it all.

T-RO

Reaction score
The same coaches that can’t figure out to call a TO right before half?

Stop acting like these coaches are these all knowing football geniuses who shouldn’t be questioned.

Catch, we as fans have a teaspoon of knowledge about Joseph. If that.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score

I think he would've got reps against the Raiders had he not gotten ejected. Brown was a walking TD that game.

Hadenough

Reaction score

I tend to agree! But I will say that Brown is finally being coached to get his head turned around and this may also be a good thing.

Zman5

Reaction score
This coaching staff has shown they are willing to play rookies if there is a need and they feel a player is up to the task. Gholston missed more time than Bossman yet he played lot a snaps while starters were out. And he did ok for a rookie. I’m sure they will,play him when they feel the time is right.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
It’s a decent idea, I think so is resting the starters. It really could go either way. The starters get two weeks off but they might come back rusty. Joseph might get burned but personally I’d like to see him play. Also coverage would be tough if you also rest Parsons, Greggory and Lawrence Idk, I’d probably just keep it business as usual and get ready for the playoffs

baltcowboy

Reaction score

It’s about the playoffs now. It is unlikely we get the one seed because I can’t imagine the Packers losing to Cleveland, Minnesota, or Detroit. I would rotate all the corners for the next three games. Mix and match Brown in the slot. Have the Oregon St. kid playing as well. Playing Stafford, Brady, Murray, Jimmy G, and Rodgers in the playoffs will be a nightmare if one Diggs and Brown twist an ankle.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If we can get our 4th string RB against Washington carries I feel like our 2nd round pick could see the field a little.
Good coaches don’t play players based on draft position. They play them based on if they’re any good or not ready.

cristglo

Reaction score

I have to agree! he should be getting snaps here and there in real game time. I thought he had a decent pre-season from the little we saw. Brown has had his moments and I understand not benching him could mess up his confidence so to speak but you prepare for the playoffs.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If I was MM and seeing the injuries that’s happened I would rotate him in if he is next man up. I watched Brown drop sure picks every game. A few weeks ago he dropped 2 in the first quarter. 1 was a pick 6 and the other he ran the route for the receiver because he fell down. Could come up with it. These picks need to happen. If we can capitalize on them in the playoffs them it could be the difference in a game..