Mistakes, lies and delusion

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry has taken away an hope I have. There is no urgency to get to the TV to watch the games, no urgency to keep up with things about the team during the week, no need to buy any T shirts, jerseys, etc. We got so lucky with Jimmy Johnson being able to overcome Jerruh for a small stretch of time. I'm just riding it out until Jerry is gone.
Can you outlive Stephen? Spaulding?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Stephen will, maybe even worse. There is a small chance he hires a real GM but I have my doubts.
No, his siblings assuming they have equal share won’t allow him to run as such.

Daddy didn’t have anyone to be held accountable to. The heirs will.

GMO415

Reaction score
The last time the Dallas Cowboys won a home game was December 30th, 2023 when we beat the lions 20-19 in a game we were frankly very fortunate to win. Since last December 30th, our Cowboys are 0-3 at home, giving up an average of 40 points a game and 202 yards rushing a game. There is nothing that can cover the stench of those performances.

But listening to the man who is in charge of everything from socks, jocks, coaches, hot dogs, boxing matches and and tractor pulls at his beloved “stayjum”, we fans should are supposed be hopeful about “how our defense played in the 4th quarter” yesterday.

Please. Spare us the bull excrement Jerry. This team is not very good and you and your lazy #1 son are 100% responsible for the roster this team puts out there every week. You guys watched the worst playoff performance in this team’s storied history and said, “Let’s run it back with most of these same guys including the head coach. And let’s pretend we’re all in too”

So let me recount the mistakes, lies and delusions of Jerry Jones:
MISTAKES (just to name a few)
  • Not firing Mike McCarthy last January and leaving him dangling on the last year of his contract. (See 2010 and 2019 seasons)
  • Not seriously addressing the obvious, glaring flaws with this roster on both sides of the ball.
  • Deciding to “run it back” with most of the guys that couldn’t beat a 7th seed last year…at home! Most GMs with his track record would have been fired a long, long time ago.
  • There are a ton more that could be listed here.
LIES
  • Biggest lie Jerry tells lately: “We couldn’t afford to sign Derrick Henry.” Absolute falsehood. This team could have restructured multiple contracts and cleared enough cap space and signed several FAs that could have helped this team. And not just for a RB.
  • The on-going lie that this team doesn’t have enough cap space because of the big contracts they have doled out. No, they don’t have cap space because they refuse to structure and restructure their contracts in a way the better teams’ GMs do routinely.
DELUSIONS
  • When Jerry tells fans ”I like our RBs” or “I like the way our defense played in the 4th quarter”, those statements are not only dumb, they are completely delusional.
  • Thinking this roster as currently constituted is ready to compete for anything beyond mediocrity is delusional.
  • After watching the last 28 Super Bowls, which were won by teams whose owners all hired someone else to be the team’s GM, then thinking at 82 years old this owner/GM knows HOW to build a championship roster in the cap era is delusional.
I have no problem with fans having hope. Hope is always a part of being a fan. But when the guy who leads this thing never learns from his mistakes, lies to his fan base, and is delusional about his own abilities to lead a team, that’s discouraging. And more importantly, that is the reality of the Dallas Cowboys right now.
BULLET!
Jerry said "All in" he just didn't finish the quote "All in on profits"

Diehardblues

Reaction score
V that’s an interesting question.

I actually think Jerry does pay attention to what’s written in the press about him based on some of his comments in his long winded post game comments and radio shows. There’s no way he didn’t hear some of those boos yesterday. The difference is he doesn’t care enough to make any changes. His ego is far larger than his desire to win.

And in less than a month he turns 82. Father Time is lurking and he has to know it.
Yea , but aging isn’t likely to affect his ways . If anything he might dig in deeper .

But this has always been more about him than the Cowboys. He made that very clear 30 years ago.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Great post Bob! Wish I could say things will change but it's a family business, until the future owners hir football people to build this team nothing is going to change. Feel bad for the young fans who never got to see a great Cowboys team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Accountable to who? Jerry jr? Charolette? Anyone not named Jones? Heck, we might even get three GM’s! :muttley:
All indications are the siblings will hire a GM and hold them accountable .

That doesn’t mean they won’t be involved as Pres and over seeing football operations .

But they won’t be in the spotlight like their daddy demanding being face of the franchise .

And if siblings can’t agree they could sell.

Last edited:

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
The last time the Dallas Cowboys won a home game was December 30th, 2023 when we beat the lions 20-19 in a game we were frankly very fortunate to win. Since last December 30th, our Cowboys are 0-3 at home, giving up an average of 40 points a game and 202 yards rushing a game. There is nothing that can cover the stench of those performances.

But listening to the man who is in charge of everything from socks, jocks, coaches, hot dogs, boxing matches and and tractor pulls at his beloved “stayjum”, we fans should are supposed be hopeful about “how our defense played in the 4th quarter” yesterday.

Please. Spare us the bull excrement Jerry. This team is not very good and you and your lazy #1 son are 100% responsible for the roster this team puts out there every week. You guys watched the worst playoff performance in this team’s storied history and said, “Let’s run it back with most of these same guys including the head coach. And let’s pretend we’re all in too”

So let me recount the mistakes, lies and delusions of Jerry Jones:
MISTAKES (just to name a few)
  • Not firing Mike McCarthy last January and leaving him dangling on the last year of his contract. (See 2010 and 2019 seasons)
  • Not seriously addressing the obvious, glaring flaws with this roster on both sides of the ball.
  • Deciding to “run it back” with most of the guys that couldn’t beat a 7th seed last year…at home! Most GMs with his track record would have been fired a long, long time ago.
  • There are a ton more that could be listed here.
LIES
  • Biggest lie Jerry tells lately: “We couldn’t afford to sign Derrick Henry.” Absolute falsehood. This team could have restructured multiple contracts and cleared enough cap space and signed several FAs that could have helped this team. And not just for a RB.
  • The on-going lie that this team doesn’t have enough cap space because of the big contracts they have doled out. No, they don’t have cap space because they refuse to structure and restructure their contracts in a way the better teams’ GMs do routinely.
DELUSIONS
  • When Jerry tells fans ”I like our RBs” or “I like the way our defense played in the 4th quarter”, those statements are not only dumb, they are completely delusional.
  • Thinking this roster as currently constituted is ready to compete for anything beyond mediocrity is delusional.
  • After watching the last 28 Super Bowls, which were won by teams whose owners all hired someone else to be the team’s GM, then thinking at 82 years old this owner/GM knows HOW to build a championship roster in the cap era is delusional.
I have no problem with fans having hope. Hope is always a part of being a fan. But when the guy who leads this thing never learns from his mistakes, lies to his fan base, and is delusional about his own abilities to lead a team, that’s discouraging. And more importantly, that is the reality of the Dallas Cowboys right now.
Good post my friend.

Jerry has sucked the last bit of soul from this franchise and its fans.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
If we lose to the Giants, especially with the remaining schedule, I might, but for what purpose? Just for Jerry to botch it and then tell us it was the best? I want to be more positive. I really do, but I'm angry at Jerry. I've never had this disdain before for him.
They are looking at 2-7 or 2-8

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I hope you’re right…
We shall see. Their mother said years ago that she didn’t want her children in the same spotlight and position as her husband.

Remember being a celebrity football guy was his dream not his kids. And like I said earlier he hasn’t had anyone holding him accountable. His kids will. Completely different situation.

LysleE

Reaction score
Im not even sure he believes what he says..i think his ego is to the point he is trolling us fans....its his new favorite game, to torment Cowboys fans...
Agreed! I think Jerry knows he is spewing outrageous nonsense because he knows that whatever he says is going to be talked about; and the more outrageous, the more people talk about it, thus keeping the Cowboys in the media and relevant, which is what Jerry wants.