Mistakes, lies and delusion

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It’s not salt it’s facts something some fans don’t understand. How’s those road graders doing. Pathetic when you see games like this then hear players coaches and owner talk total rubbish. The fish stinks from the head first and Jerry is putrid. Hire friends and family and surround yourself with sycophantic employees and you get the Dallas Cowboys where coaches and players make top money for failure after failure. GM, HC QB all think they’re great when mediocrity is all they produce. Jerry MM are all legends in their own minds, really sad

Honestly, I'm thinking it's becoming more than that. I don't know if there's ever been a time that a franchise has had this much internal vitriol to the point where it seems like what I've said it appears to be in this thread. All we are asking of Jerry is to hire a GM that can handle the operations of signing free agents and talent acquisition. He can run the money making bit, but he's failed for 29 years now at getting is where a team is supposed to go. I get that he doesn't care. But what I don't like is the gaslighting. I don't like that I can sense his hatred for us all the way here in Cleveland. I can tell he doesn't like us. Yet, shouldn't a business owner appease his customers when they're clearly upset? He's selling the Cowboys future for short term gains from the media, when I have serious concern about the viability of the Cowboys in the Metroplex if he keeps spurning his fanbase.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Great post, you forgot to list in the delusions when Jerry told SAS that nobody could do the job he does better than he does.

Actually that could go under lies as well
The reality is we don't need a GM because our Owner would make all the decisions anyway.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm thinking it's becoming more than that. I don't know if there's ever been a time that a franchise has had this much internal vitriol to the point where it seems like what I've said it appears to be in this thread. All we are asking of Jerry is to hire a GM that can handle the operations of signing free agents and talent acquisition. He can run the money making bit, but he's failed for 29 years now at getting is where a team is supposed to go. I get that he doesn't care. But what I don't like is the gaslighting. I don't like that I can sense his hatred for us all the way here in Cleveland. I can tell he doesn't like us. Yet, shouldn't a business owner appease his customers when they're clearly upset? He's selling the Cowboys future for short term gains from the media, when I have serious concern about the viability of the Cowboys in the Metroplex if he keeps spurning his fanbase.
He can't do that because the fans would win. He can't let us win. His ego cannot take that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The biggest mistake was resigning Prescott.

The biggest delusion is thinking he is worth that money.

Honestly, I don't mind signing Dak. We do need a QB, and, without Dak, we probably lose the Ravens game by 70. Patrick Mahomes couldn't win with this team. We can't run the ball to save our lives, and we can't stop the run. Everyone knows it. It's been obvious since at least last year (and, as far as stopping the run goes, I'd argue 2018). Yet, Jerry doesn't change anything. He just lied and gaslights us when he knows we're angry.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He can't do that because the fans would win. He can't let us win. His ego cannot take that.

As far as hiring a GM goes? I'm aware. It seems he'd rather fold or relocate the franchise than do what he has to do to win. How ironic? He bought us in 1989 which prevented foreclosure, only for him to be ruining us to a point that may be unrecoverable after while dies and by the time his son has the wherewithal to sell the team?

Eddie

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't mind signing Dak. We do need a QB, and, without Dak, we probably lose the Ravens game by 70. Patrick Mahomes couldn't win with this team. We can't run the ball to save our lives, and we can't stop the run. Everyone knows it. It's been obvious since at least last year (and, as far as stopping the run goes, I'd argue 2018). Yet, Jerry doesn't change anything. He just lied and gaslights us when he knows we're angry.
Without Dak, we'd have an additional $60 mil to bring in help for the D.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

And even more ironic, if he DID hire a GM, he'd be getting lauded on here for it! If he did win a SB, we'd be saying we have a wonderful front office. However, he's doing everything possible to drive us AWAY from his team.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
And even more ironic, if he DID hire a GM, he'd be getting lauded on here for it! If he did win a SB, we'd be saying we have a wonderful front office. However, he's doing everything possible to drive us AWAY from his team.
He could choose to be the hero, but he would rather spit his last breath at us from hell's heart for hate's sake.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
As far as hiring a GM goes? I'm aware. It seems he'd rather fold or relocate the franchise than do what he has to do to win. How ironic? He bought us in 1989 which prevented foreclosure, only for him to be ruining us to a point that may be unrecoverable after while dies and by the time his son has the wherewithal to sell the team?
Rusty i feel for you younger fans, the sad truth is there is a long line of Jones ready to take the helm...not saying they wont do better but this next one hasnt givin me any hope at this point.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The last time the Dallas Cowboys won a home game was December 30th, 2023 when we beat the lions 20-19 in a game we were frankly very fortunate to win. Since last December 30th, our Cowboys are 0-3 at home, giving up an average of 40 points a game and 202 yards rushing a game. There is nothing that can cover the stench of those performances.

But listening to the man who is in charge of everything from socks, jocks, coaches, hot dogs, boxing matches and and tractor pulls at his beloved “stayjum”, we fans should are supposed be hopeful about “how our defense played in the 4th quarter” yesterday.

Please. Spare us the bull excrement Jerry. This team is not very good and you and your lazy #1 son are 100% responsible for the roster this team puts out there every week. You guys watched the worst playoff performance in this team’s storied history and said, “Let’s run it back with most of these same guys including the head coach. And let’s pretend we’re all in too”

So let me recount the mistakes, lies and delusions of Jerry Jones:
MISTAKES (just to name a few)
  • Not firing Mike McCarthy last January and leaving him dangling on the last year of his contract. (See 2010 and 2019 seasons)
  • Not seriously addressing the obvious, glaring flaws with this roster on both sides of the ball.
  • Deciding to “run it back” with most of the guys that couldn’t beat a 7th seed last year…at home! Most GMs with his track record would have been fired a long, long time ago.
  • There are a ton more that could be listed here.
LIES
  • Biggest lie Jerry tells lately: “We couldn’t afford to sign Derrick Henry.” Absolute falsehood. This team could have restructured multiple contracts and cleared enough cap space and signed several FAs that could have helped this team. And not just for a RB.
  • The on-going lie that this team doesn’t have enough cap space because of the big contracts they have doled out. No, they don’t have cap space because they refuse to structure and restructure their contracts in a way the better teams’ GMs do routinely.
DELUSIONS
  • When Jerry tells fans ”I like our RBs” or “I like the way our defense played in the 4th quarter”, those statements are not only dumb, they are completely delusional.
  • Thinking this roster as currently constituted is ready to compete for anything beyond mediocrity is delusional.
  • After watching the last 28 Super Bowls, which were won by teams whose owners all hired someone else to be the team’s GM, then thinking at 82 years old this owner/GM knows HOW to build a championship roster in the cap era is delusional.
I have no problem with fans having hope. Hope is always a part of being a fan. But when the guy who leads this thing never learns from his mistakes, lies to his fan base, and is delusional about his own abilities to lead a team, that’s discouraging. And more importantly, that is the reality of the Dallas Cowboys right now.
:hammer:
:clap:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Without Dak, we'd have an additional $60 mil to bring in help for the D.

Just for Jerry to screw it up? I mean, I wouldn't mind getting a new QB soon. I'd love for us to get Archie Manning in a few years. But, like I said, even Mahomes couldn't win with the way this team is run. He could have signed Dak to what he did and still get Henry. Instead, he chose not to do that, and then to gaslight us when we all know he could've gotten Derrick Henry. At least in that case, we might be able to run the ball. He refuses to get the top NTs. He refuses to engage FA. The Eagles don't have any problems keeping the players they want to keep and signing the players they want to sign. They resigned Hurts entering last season, and it's not stopped them. If we had Roseman, we probably keep Dak and Lamb, AND we get Henry and whoever we want here. If we had a FO that knew what they were doing, we wouldn't be in this mess.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Rusty i feel for you younger fans, the sad truth is there is a long line of Jones ready to take the helm...not saying they wont do better but this next one hasnt givin me any hope at this point.

I know, and I'm trying to be loyal. I am trying to stick with this team, but it's getting quite torturous knowing that the Joneses don't like us.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I know, and I'm trying to be loyal. I am trying to stick with this team, but it's getting quite torturous knowing that the Joneses don't like us.
to be honest its more like the Jones dont care..we are irrelevent to them...not that thats better just diferent. We are fans of a sports franchise thats a billionaire families toy.....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He could choose to be the hero, but he would rather spit his last breath at us from hell's heart for hate's sake.

Exactly, and that's the tragic part. I've been a fan since I was 6. I grew up in a family of Eagles fans (and, tbh, if I could talk to my 6 year old self, I'd tell that 6 year old me to go with Philly at this point. I've been called every name in the book for being a Cowboys fan and having the audacity to put stars on my fursuit. I have been all in, if you will, with this team. And for what? To have an owner who hates me? Because I want us to win? Why? What have I done to deserve this? I'm probably going to keep the stars on my 2.0 (partly because I don't have any better shapes in mind for my suit other than maybe blue circles) suit, but it won't be for the Cowboys anymore. Moreso, because it's become my suit's symbol that people recognise. I just want this team to win. I want to finally experience the Cowboys in a Super Bowl without it being a video game. This just sucks, and it's demoralizing.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
to be honest its more like the Jones dont care..we are irrelevent to them...not that thats better just diferent. We are fans of a sports franchise thats a billionaire families toy.....

I know they don't care about winning, but the gaslighting from last night and the gaslighting all offseason has me sensing disdain from the Joneses for us.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
The last time the Dallas Cowboys won a home game was December 30th, 2023 when we beat the lions 20-19 in a game we were frankly very fortunate to win. Since last December 30th, our Cowboys are 0-3 at home, giving up an average of 40 points a game and 202 yards rushing a game. There is nothing that can cover the stench of those performances.

But listening to the man who is in charge of everything from socks, jocks, coaches, hot dogs, boxing matches and and tractor pulls at his beloved “stayjum”, we fans should are supposed be hopeful about “how our defense played in the 4th quarter” yesterday.

Please. Spare us the bull excrement Jerry. This team is not very good and you and your lazy #1 son are 100% responsible for the roster this team puts out there every week. You guys watched the worst playoff performance in this team’s storied history and said, “Let’s run it back with most of these same guys including the head coach. And let’s pretend we’re all in too”

• Not firing Mike McCarthy last January and leaving him dangling on the last year of his contract. (See 2010 and 2019 seasons)
  • Not seriously addressing the obvious, glaring flaws with this roster on both sides of the ball.
  • Deciding to “run it back” with most of the guys that couldn’t beat a 7th seed last year…at home! Most GMs with his track record would have been fired a long, long time ago.
LIES
  • Biggest lie Jerry tells lately: “We couldn’t afford to sign Derrick Henry.” Absolute falsehood. This team could have restructured multiple contracts and cleared enough cap space and signed several FAs that could have helped this team. And not just for a RB.
  • The on-going lie that this team doesn’t have enough cap space because of the big contracts they have doled out. No, they don’t have cap space because they refuse to structure and restructure their contracts in a way the better teams’ GMs do routinely.
DELUSIONS
  • When Jerry tells fans ”I like our RBs” or “I like the way our defense played in the 4th quarter”, those statements are not only dumb, they are completely delusional.
  • Thinking this roster as currently constituted is ready to compete for anything beyond mediocrity is delusional.
  • After watching the last 28 Super Bowls, which were won by teams whose owners all hired someone else to be the team’s GM, then thinking at 82 years old this owner/GM knows HOW to build a championship roster in the cap era is delusional.
I have no problem with fans having hope. Hope is always a part of being a fan. But when the guy who leads this thing never learns from his mistakes, lies to his fan base, and is delusional about his own abilities to lead a team, that’s discouraging. And more importantly, that is the reality of the Dallas Cowboys right now.
I've said this to you before bob.

2024 - 2029 JJ = GM/CEO
2030 - 2044 SJ = GM/CEO

Two in hope scenarios that could play out.

1. In 2030 SJ employs a GM / assistant to him with NFL experience and from outside the family whom will support DC operations.

2. In 2044 when the baton is handed over to the next Jones CEO
They/them/him or her, see the light, as it will be 48 years by then and employ a GM as per point 1 straight away.

Have fun in life in-between those dates.

Coz if U R old like me life really is to short.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

LIES
DELUSIONS
Soooo, you're saying it's Jerry's fault? Wow! What a light bulb moment!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
focus on draft

If we lose to the Giants, especially with the remaining schedule, I might, but for what purpose? Just for Jerry to botch it and then tell us it was the best? I want to be more positive. I really do, but I'm angry at Jerry. I've never had this disdain before for him.

Brax

Reaction score
It’s all about Jerry it’s who he is, every metric to him says he’s doing a great job winning anything doesn’t matter that’s not his fault mindset.