Mistakes, lies and delusion

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I'd love to know just how much Jerry really feels the increased external pressure and criticism he is getting.

This season is shaping up to be, for all the wrong reasons, the most interesting season of the last 30 years. The signs of a complete implosion are already starting to peek out from the shadows.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It’s all about Jerry it’s who he is, every metric to him says he’s doing a great job winning anything doesn’t matter that’s not his fault mindset.

Well yeah, as long as he's making $10B and counting, who cares? Who cares if he has no fans left in 10 years. If he's making money, then that's all that matters. So what if in 20 years, his family has to fold the team because nobody wants it?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'd love to know just how much Jerry really feels the increased external pressure and criticism he is getting.

This season is shaping up to be, for all the wrong reasons, the most interesting season of the last 30 years. The signs of a complete implosion are already starting to peek out from the shadows.

He probably doesn't care.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

V that’s an interesting question.

I actually think Jerry does pay attention to what’s written in the press about him based on some of his comments in his long winded post game comments and radio shows. There’s no way he didn’t hear some of those boos yesterday. The difference is he doesn’t care enough to make any changes. His ego is far larger than his desire to win.

And in less than a month he turns 82. Father Time is lurking and he has to know it.

MikeT22

Reaction score
. Nothing that comes out of Jerry's mouth is the truth when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys. Either a spin or a flat out lie. This idiot really think ALL Dallas fans are this stupid. Sadly, some are..voting for myself? I ain't one of them!!
Those types are around but for some reason I havent seen much of them today

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Did you see Jerry sweat when trying to explain why he has no money and couldn't sign Henry? I don't live in Dallas, let alone the U.S., but I guess it's good that the media is taking him to task?

JonesBoys

Reaction score
The last time the Dallas Cowboys won a home game was December 30th, 2023 when we beat the lions 20-19 in a game we were frankly very fortunate to win. Since last December 30th, our Cowboys are 0-3 at home, giving up an average of 40 points a game and 202 yards rushing a game. There is nothing that can cover the stench of those performances.

But listening to the man who is in charge of everything from socks, jocks, coaches, hot dogs, boxing matches and and tractor pulls at his beloved “stayjum”, we fans should are supposed be hopeful about “how our defense played in the 4th quarter” yesterday.

Please. Spare us the bull excrement Jerry. This team is not very good and you and your lazy #1 son are 100% responsible for the roster this team puts out there every week. You guys watched the worst playoff performance in this team’s storied history and said, “Let’s run it back with most of these same guys including the head coach. And let’s pretend we’re all in too”

So let me recount the mistakes, lies and delusions of Jerry Jones:
MISTAKES (just to name a few)
  • Not firing Mike McCarthy last January and leaving him dangling on the last year of his contract. (See 2010 and 2019 seasons)
  • Not seriously addressing the obvious, glaring flaws with this roster on both sides of the ball.
  • Deciding to “run it back” with most of the guys that couldn’t beat a 7th seed last year…at home! Most GMs with his track record would have been fired a long, long time ago.
  • There are a ton more that could be listed here.
LIES
  • Biggest lie Jerry tells lately: “We couldn’t afford to sign Derrick Henry.” Absolute falsehood. This team could have restructured multiple contracts and cleared enough cap space and signed several FAs that could have helped this team. And not just for a RB.
  • The on-going lie that this team doesn’t have enough cap space because of the big contracts they have doled out. No, they don’t have cap space because they refuse to structure and restructure their contracts in a way the better teams’ GMs do routinely.
DELUSIONS
  • When Jerry tells fans ”I like our RBs” or “I like the way our defense played in the 4th quarter”, those statements are not only dumb, they are completely delusional.
  • Thinking this roster as currently constituted is ready to compete for anything beyond mediocrity is delusional.
  • After watching the last 28 Super Bowls, which were won by teams whose owners all hired someone else to be the team’s GM, then thinking at 82 years old this owner/GM knows HOW to build a championship roster in the cap era is delusional.
I have no problem with fans having hope. Hope is always a part of being a fan. But when the guy who leads this thing never learns from his mistakes, lies to his fan base, and is delusional about his own abilities to lead a team, that’s discouraging. And more importantly, that is the reality of the Dallas Cowboys right now.
Having hope when Jerry Jones is the GM is a complete waste of time. He has been the worst thing to happen to the Dallas Cowboys.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you see Jerry sweat when trying to explain why he has no money and couldn't sign Henry? I don't live in Dallas, let alone the U.S., but I guess it's good that the media is taking him to task?
There are several media members around the Dallas area that have called Jerry out for years. Several of them have retired like Dale Hansen, Norm Hitzges, and Randy Galloway.

But there are still plenty of Dallas media people calling him out in print and the airwaves. Listen to 96.7 The Ticket in Dallas and you will hear an avalanche of Jerry criticism.

scottsp

Reaction score
As to the delusion bullet points, not sure it's all that. These people simply aren't going to share their actual agenda, i.e., not that 'we like these RBs, but we really are going to be so excruciatingly cheap wherever possible' and, quite possibly 'this very well could be a reset year for our football ops.'

Sell it. Sell it again. The sell it some more.

The mistakes are what they are. The lies are the lies.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
There are several media members around the Dallas area that have called Jerry out for years. Several of them have retired like Dale Hansen, Norm Hitzges, and Randy Galloway.

But there are still plenty of Dallas media people calling him out in print and the airwaves. Listen to 96.7 The Ticket in Dallas and you will hear an avalanche of Jerry criticism.
I live in Greater Toronto and although not a fan of the Hockey team here, they have gone 57 years without a Championship. There is no face of ownership as Rogers is a Telecom company worth well over $20 Billion so the media can only pick on employees of the team. Fans still buy merch, spend crazy dollars to go to games....life goes on here

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cleaning out the corporate money-making brain of Jerry Jones:

4Sn5BU2.gif

Cleaning out the pro football management brain of Jerry Jones:

R6fCz6T.gif

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Good stuff.

Jerry puts on a good face.

But he has to be angry with Big Mike.
No see this is the problem ...big Mike is at Jerry's whim...Jerry needs to fire Jerry and he will not so no he wont right any check, or do anything....he wants to win but only his way and 28 years says his way sucks...he wont change it..JERRY IS THE RPOBLEM period.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The last time the Dallas Cowboys won a home game was December 30th, 2023 when we beat the lions 20-19 in a game we were frankly very fortunate to win. Since last December 30th, our Cowboys are 0-3 at home, giving up an average of 40 points a game and 202 yards rushing a game. There is nothing that can cover the stench of those performances.

But listening to the man who is in charge of everything from socks, jocks, coaches, hot dogs, boxing matches and and tractor pulls at his beloved “stayjum”, we fans should are supposed be hopeful about “how our defense played in the 4th quarter” yesterday.

Please. Spare us the bull excrement Jerry. This team is not very good and you and your lazy #1 son are 100% responsible for the roster this team puts out there every week. You guys watched the worst playoff performance in this team’s storied history and said, “Let’s run it back with most of these same guys including the head coach. And let’s pretend we’re all in too”

• Not firing Mike McCarthy last January and leaving him dangling on the last year of his contract. (See 2010 and 2019 seasons)
  • Not seriously addressing the obvious, glaring flaws with this roster on both sides of the ball.
  • Deciding to “run it back” with most of the guys that couldn’t beat a 7th seed last year…at home! Most GMs with his track record would have been fired a long, long time ago.
LIES
  • Biggest lie Jerry tells lately: “We couldn’t afford to sign Derrick Henry.” Absolute falsehood. This team could have restructured multiple contracts and cleared enough cap space and signed several FAs that could have helped this team. And not just for a RB.
  • The on-going lie that this team doesn’t have enough cap space because of the big contracts they have doled out. No, they don’t have cap space because they refuse to structure and restructure their contracts in a way the better teams’ GMs do routinely.
DELUSIONS
  • When Jerry tells fans ”I like our RBs” or “I like the way our defense played in the 4th quarter”, those statements are not only dumb, they are completely delusional.
  • Thinking this roster as currently constituted is ready to compete for anything beyond mediocrity is delusional.
  • After watching the last 28 Super Bowls, which were won by teams whose owners all hired someone else to be the team’s GM, then thinking at 82 years old this owner/GM knows HOW to build a championship roster in the cap era is delusional.
I have no problem with fans having hope. Hope is always a part of being a fan. But when the guy who leads this thing never learns from his mistakes, lies to his fan base, and is delusional about his own abilities to lead a team, that’s discouraging. And more importantly, that is the reality of the Dallas Cowboys right now.
Bob also along with true and fine list you put up...consider this short film breakdown....that will make you think you are watching red-ball and the paper boy designing receiver routes

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Preach Bullet!

We had the Doomsday and Doomsday2, the triplets and now Mistakes, lies and delusion! Has a fitting ring to it. Can we please have people stop defending Jerry for a while. It's embarrassing.
JW82---always like Bob Haze breakdown

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
you do realize, Jerry doesn't market to the die hard fans, he is marketing to the casual fans who go to stadium for the experience, he is marketing to the fringe fans to sell more merchanidise, that's his target, so when he says, the 4th quarter, he is not speaking to you and me, because we all tend to stay there be there and follow no matter what. 28+ years and we are all still here, frustrated. but the fringe fan who went there for the experience, to fill the seats, to the casual fans who have season tickets, he wants them to focus on the 4th quarter, the exciting quarter and remind them of how exciting the game was and how excited they were.

Jerry is also going senile, thinking he can pull a fast one. at some point he and his son have to understand that even their bullshiet is going to get old.

I have said it a 1000 times. jerry is a master sales person. he is a master of creating hope. he thinks year to year and the formula has worked make this franchise the most valuable of any franchise of any sport anywhere. he sold us on "I am all in". then got Zeke for RB and ignored several better candidates now claiming he couldn't afford Henry, where we have room ont he cap and could have signed him. he ignored the DT position and signed a name cheap at the end of FA out of desparation. he tried to generate hope. signed Dak and Lamb because they are top 20 in jersey sales. he will sign Parsons, because he is top 10 in jersey sales.

and next year, he will do the same, he knows he just has to navigate through this. he knows the proverbial shiet might hit the fan and hit it a bit earlier than he anticipated. he just has to make excuses. soon enough he will throw MM and Zimmer under the bus by saying, this not acceptable level of football for cowboys and their standards (that has been bottom of the league for almost 30 years). he will make changes, just a few enough to generate hope. he will sign a big name or two to create buzz.

all we had to do to understand jerry is listen when he said, there is coaches dead money.....that has nothing to do with the actual salary cap. it has to do with bottom line of profits. he let that one slip. but it was the most telling comment from Jerry. the absolute most valued franchise in any sports anywhere is concerned about $5M dead money for a coach he should have fired. shaemful what we have become.
mr CFH--- truthful nugget he only truly cares bottom line and fakes his way through the rest

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Dallas Cowboys have won three Super Bowls during the Jerry Jones era, but none since 1996. Twenty-two years is a long-enough wait for Jones, who said Tuesday that he wouldn't hesitate to part with a sizable sum to win another title.

"It would be embarrassing, it would be shocking if you knew the size of the check I would write if it guaranteed me a Super Bowl," Jones told Shan and RJ on 105.3 The Fan. "It would be obscene. There is nothing I would do financially not to get a Super Bowl."

Except to sign Derrick Henry or any DT that has a pulse, apparently.
its embarrassing to even listen to Jerry for somewhere in his thinking i believe he actually believes we believe him....sorry folks GORICO going back to heart saving attitude right after

we were shamefully crushed by Green Bay last year....there is nothing truly hopeful to look forward too...including can we beat the Giants?

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry's first attempt to derail the dynasty when he refused to give Emmitt his very reasonable contract in 1993 was thwarted by Charles Haley, and I will forever consider him a legend for that alone.

Unfortunately, Jerry was determined to ruin the dynasty, and so he succeeded the very next off season by picking a drama fight with Jimmy.

I'm bull-headed, stubborn, and I have an ego, but I would have done whatever it took to keep Jimmy happy as long as I could have back then. We would have won 4 in a row. Somewhere out there is a Universe where that was allowed to happen.

I don't think history has realized the magnitude of what Jerry sabotaged.
Possibly 5.

hutch1254

Reaction score

LIES
DELUSIONS
Jerry has taken away an hope I have. There is no urgency to get to the TV to watch the games, no urgency to keep up with things about the team during the week, no need to buy any T shirts, jerseys, etc. We got so lucky with Jimmy Johnson being able to overcome Jerruh for a small stretch of time. I'm just riding it out until Jerry is gone.