MLB New York teams in playoffs

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Ok, we will assume Yankees and Mets both make it.

If this past subway series was a preview of World Series.

I would give the edge yo the Yankees.

As great as the mets pitching is... And I said it is.

The Yankees find a way,

The Mets are creating drama and issues where it should be celebrated that they are running away with division.

I listen to sports radio in NY and every mets fan seems to glass half empty. All year, no matter what's going I with mets.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The diva Harvey is playing both sides. Quoted from someone else on his situation:

Remember when Harvey wanted to pitch in meaningless games in September of last year just to prove to the fans that he was back? Remember when he argued with Collins on the mound about coming out of a game in April? Remember when he scoffed at the idea of being on an innings cap? Remember when he blamed the 6-man rotation for him struggling in the middle of the year?

Words and actions are two different things. Harvey says after the game that he wanted to stay in, Collins said he didn't protest getting removed. He wants us to think he'd like to be on the field, but we all know he only cares about his 9-figure payday after 2019. And considering how long it would take me to make the $1.7 million he's already made in his pre-arbitration years, it's a tough sell for me to think this guy needs to protect his arm or end up in the poor house. Josh freaking Johnson just made $8 million last year entirely on the premise of being a talented guy with injury problems.

I don't like where this is headed.........

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I cant blame Harvey. If I had the chance to make 200 million in three years and data shows I should not do certain things, I would probably do the same thing. As nice as a world series is to any player, all of them would probably trade a world series trophy for a 200 million dollar guaranteed contract.

as far as the playoffs. if the Mets were to get into the World Series against the Yankees, I do think the advantage would go to the Yankees. I just think the Yankees are in their head. Yankees are not any more or as talented as the Mets but a mental block none the less.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The diva Harvey is playing both sides. Quoted from someone else on his situation:

Remember when Harvey wanted to pitch in meaningless games in September of last year just to prove to the fans that he was back? Remember when he argued with Collins on the mound about coming out of a game in April? Remember when he scoffed at the idea of being on an innings cap? Remember when he blamed the 6-man rotation for him struggling in the middle of the year?

Words and actions are two different things. Harvey says after the game that he wanted to stay in, Collins said he didn't protest getting removed. He wants us to think he'd like to be on the field, but we all know he only cares about his 9-figure payday after 2019. And considering how long it would take me to make the $1.7 million he's already made in his pre-arbitration years, it's a tough sell for me to think this guy needs to protect his arm or end up in the poor house. Josh freaking Johnson just made $8 million last year entirely on the premise of being a talented guy with injury problems.

I don't like where this is headed.........

I see what you see... It's pretty obvious.

I cant blame Harvey. If I had the chance to make 200 million in three years and data shows I should not do certain things, I would probably do the same thing. As nice as a world series is to any player, all of them would probably trade a world series trophy for a 200 million dollar guaranteed contract.

as far as the playoffs. if the Mets were to get into the World Series against the Yankees, I do think the advantage would go to the Yankees. I just think the Yankees are in their head. Yankees are not any more or as talented as the Mets but a mental block none the less.

Harvey is being careful.
He should be. It's a lot of money at stake. I would have done it quietly though.
It could still bite him in he butt. Great pitching coach Leo Mazzone recently said the danger is in inconsistency of pitching outings. All out pitching, then shut it down ... Then turn it back on.... Then shut it down.

Before Cespedes the mets couldn't get anything going. Mets fans thought game was over when other team scored 2-3 runs.

Yankees have more talent. More farm talent for sure.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think we have Toronto right where we want them.

They over-celebrate everything.

Yankees hanging tight with a no name infield, beat up outfield, pitchers in and out of rotation.

Girardi will pull no punches when playoffs start.

I think we take them out if we meet them in playoffs.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Mets may not have to win another game with the way the Nats are playing. Mets have lost six of last nine and still reduced the magic number to 5. Still, Mets need to go on the road. Home cooking is not doing much for them. If they dont win 5 games before the last weekend in the band boxes of Cincinatti and Philadephia then that would be sad. Cespedes, Duda and D'arnoud need to pick it up.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Mets may not have to win another game with the way the Nats are playing. Mets have lost six of last nine and still reduced the magic number to 5. Still, Mets need to go on the road. Home cooking is not doing much for them. If they dont win 5 games before the last weekend in the band boxes of Cincinatti and Philadephia then that would be sad. Cespedes, Duda and D'arnoud need to pick it up.

What a time to go into a slump.
You can't expect yo go into playoffs and just turn it on.

Might be quick exit from playoffs.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, Yanks lost last night to the Jays. That concludes the remainder of games head to head. We said that the Jays and the Yanks had 7 head to head games left. In that head to head, the Yanks were 2-5. Go 4/3 here and the Yanks are leading the East.

Yanks have 11 games left and are currently down by 3.5 games. 8 game home stand against the Sox teams. They finish up on a 4 game series with Baltimore. They really need to win out to have any shot at all. Can't worry about what the Jays do. All you can do now is win as many games as you can to the end.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Offense is heating up again. One more game and they are in. Time to get playoff ready. Syndergaard was outstanding tonight. He reminds me of Nolan Ryan. Go Mets

DFWJC

Reaction score
Scratching my head how were on a Cowboys site we have a dedicated thread for both New York baseball teams.
Oh well.
Carry on:p

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Offense is heating up again. One more game and they are in. Time to get playoff ready. Syndergaard was outstanding tonight. He reminds me of Nolan Ryan. Go Mets

2015-mets-national-league-east-champions.png

Now you can breathe..... For a minute lol

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Scratching my head how were on a Cowboys site we have a dedicated thread for both New York baseball teams.
Oh well.
Carry on:p

I am one of many who represent the northeast region dallas cowboys.

Say thank you...

Then move on to another thread.

;-)

FloridaRob

Reaction score
2015-mets-national-league-east-champions.png

Now you can breathe..... For a minute lol

12 days then it starts again. So glad they are not a wild card team. I hate the one and done scenario. Baseball is about team depth over a series. The wild card eliminates all that. Good Luck Red. I would not mind it at all if the Mets were to meet the Yankees in the World Series. Time to make up for 2000 and Roidger Clemons throwing the bat at Piazza and the stupid baserunner for the Mets getting thrown out at home for not hustling.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The one game playoff is absolutely stupid. Make it a 3 game series at least.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
12 days then it starts again. So glad they are not a wild card team. I hate the one and done scenario. Baseball is about team depth over a series. The wild card eliminates all that. Good Luck Red. I would not mind it at all if the Mets were to meet the Yankees in the World Series. Time to make up for 2000 and Roidger Clemons throwing the bat at Piazza and the stupid baserunner for the Mets getting thrown out at home for not hustling.

Oooohhh nice zing re: team making wild card lol

You don't mean that... You already said you give edge to yankees... You do not want to meet us in World Series lol

2000? Really?.... That's why mets fans are always living in the past lol

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I did say the Yankees are in the Mets head. But I would like to see that as a World Series. both stadiums would be rocking.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I did say the Yankees are in the Mets head. But I would like to see that as a World Series. both stadiums would be rocking.

Quite honestly.... The Yankees have owned baseball soooooo long... Playoffs in 16-17 of the last 20 years ?

Beating the mets pretty easy in 2000 subway world series... I would say to the mets "just win it"... Don't think about the Yankees.

It's like other football teams fans... Their team wins SUPERBOWL and somehow they are talking cowboys lol

In summary: I'm sure you would trade rocking stadiums for a mets ws victory

If the mets do make and it's vs Toronto..... That's the Canadian version of murderers row

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The Yankees are gimping around. No one can hot except young guns. Bird and Ackley. Pitching is in full nose dive. Ryan probably going to first base to get right handed batter in there. Sacrifice defense will always come back to bite you in the butt.

The mets may try to save Harvey for second round. Still talking about innings limit and maybe starting game 3 because they do t want to start him twice in best of 5 series.

Bad scenarios for both ny teams.