MLB New York teams in playoffs

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's done now!

Congrats to the Royals.

And congrats to the Mets for getting there.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
toughest loss of them all last night. KC was the better hitting and defensive team and they are relentless. But, if Duda makes the throw, then we hear how Hosner made a stupid decision to run instead of how great the the play was. Last night was draining. Harvey pitched his butt off and then the emotions dictated Terrys decision. Heck, I wanted Harvey back out there but as soon as he walked the batter, Familia should have been brought in. Terry managing may have cost him his job next year.

And is their a bigger goofball in baseball than Mookakus. I guess Volquez should have been thrown out of the game last night when he threw at Wrights head in the first inning. His ball was a hell of a lot closer to Wrights head than Syndergaards. Was the gum chewing doofus screaming about that. I was hoping when KC blew the game open in the last inning last night that the pitcher would have drilled him high and tight.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Why? For throwing a breaking ball that clearly slipped out of his hand?

yea, that's his story and he is sticking to it. After all Yost said he had a few tricks up his sleeve too. That straight 90 MPH curve ball to Wright and Grandersons head probably were not what he was talking about. (sarcasm alert) At least Syndergaard was honest about it.

Keifer

Reaction score
yea, that's his story and he is sticking to it. After all Yost said he had a few tricks up his sleeve too. That straight 90 MPH curve ball to Wright and Grandersons head probably were not what he was talking about. (sarcasm alert) At least Syndergaard was honest about it.

You don't send a message with a curve ball. If he was coming at them it would have been with a fastball.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My off-season plan for the Mets:

My priorities in order:
1. 1B - Duda blows
2. C - TDA's hitting isn't enough to compensate for his arm
3. SS - need someone better than Tejada/Flores
4. CF - look in FA for this one
5. 2B - need a better defensive player

Ok, now for Murphy. I kind of would like him back but not playing 2nd. If they could resign him to play 1B while the Dud(a) goes elsewhere.....I could live with that.

Cespedes - let him walk and don't even make an offer. Use that money on a CFer, 2Bman and some middle relief. Maybe there is enough money to get a SS as well but we always have Tejada/Flores to fall back on if need be. I think those guys can cover SS for another season IF those other positions are addressed.

I don't like the idea of trading any of the starting pitchers but if we had too, Wheeler might be the odd man out. I say use Harvey for another year and go from there with him.

Colon/Niese - one of them can be the 4th or 5th guy but I would see if Niese or Colon could be moved to the pen, especially for long relief. That might be better than signing more scrubs....IDK. If Colon moved to the BP, that might extend his career a few more years......kind of like the old, fat guy
smile.png

Just my suggestions but C, 2B, 1B are the top priorites IMO.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
My off-season plan for the Mets:

My priorities in order:
1. 1B - Duda blows
2. C - TDA's hitting isn't enough to compensate for his arm
3. SS - need someone better than Tejada/Flores
4. CF - look in FA for this one
5. 2B - need a better defensive player

Ok, now for Murphy. I kind of would like him back but not playing 2nd. If they could resign him to play 1B while the Dud(a) goes elsewhere.....I could live with that.

Cespedes - let him walk and don't even make an offer. Use that money on a CFer, 2Bman and some middle relief. Maybe there is enough money to get a SS as well but we always have Tejada/Flores to fall back on if need be. I think those guys can cover SS for another season IF those other positions are addressed.

I don't like the idea of trading any of the starting pitchers but if we had too, Wheeler might be the odd man out. I say use Harvey for another year and go from there with him.

Colon/Niese - one of them can be the 4th or 5th guy but I would see if Niese or Colon could be moved to the pen, especially for long relief. That might be better than signing more scrubs....IDK. If Colon moved to the BP, that might extend his career a few more years......kind of like the old, fat guy
smile.png

Just my suggestions but C, 2B, 1B are the top priorites IMO.

Dexter, unless they find someone to take lagares salary, he will be the cf. Murphy is gone. Kelly Johnson will take over as the roving infielder.

I would like Wright to retire. He is done. Move flores to 3b. Sign the ss from Washington as fa. trade duda for a 7th or 8th inning flame thrower. trade tda for a 8th inning flame thrower. Tda and duda are just too streaky.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Dexter, unless they find someone to take lagares salary, he will be the cf. Murphy is gone. Kelly Johnson will take over as the roving infielder.

I would like Wright to retire. He is done. Move flores to 3b. Sign the ss from Washington as fa. trade duda for a 7th or 8th inning flame thrower. trade tda for a 8th inning flame thrower. Tda and duda are just too streaky.

Collins, familia, Murphy and wright cost them this World Series. In that order.
Honorable mention: Cespedes... For what he didn't do. Didn't field fly ball. Didn't hit. More concerned with neon color sleeves.

The series should have been closer and should have gone 7 games

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Collins, familia, Murphy and wright cost them this World Series. In that order.
Honorable mention: Cespedes... For what he didn't do. Didn't field fly ball. Didn't hit. More concerned with neon color sleeves.

The series should have been closer and should have gone 7 games

You can include duda, flores, and tda in that group. Other than grandy and conforto no other hitters showed up.