MLB Regular Season

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I'll admit it, I wanted Cespedes, Rob. The Angels' needed a LFer after the crackhead Hamilton fiasco and I liked him the most of the three (my mind is missing me on the other two) of his FA period. We'll trade you Calhoun and Pujols for him in a heartbeat. Calhoun is never hurt and a GG d and Pujols is a living legend you'd get to watch every night before your very own eyes!

Deal? DEAL?? :)
Lol, they would fit right in with AGone and Jose Batista. Get Sandy on the phone now.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
DeGrom, Thor and Cespy could rebuild the team fast with their values. They are wasting their careers in NY :(

Agree, but do you have the confidence to trade those three for minor leagures with no history. I have no confidence in Sandy. Besides they would probably give Cespedes away just because of his contract.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agree, but do you have the confidence to trade those three for minor leagures with no history. I have no confidence in Sandy. Besides they would probably give Cespedes away just because of his contract.

Not at all, need a new GM before I shop those guys around. Mets need a new philosophy first before filling in the holes with young talent. You can't have a team of streaky HR hitters with BA's below the mendosa line. That can work once in awhile but need stellar pitching from the starters to the pen for it to work.

Mets are down to one solid starter(DeGrom) and one pen guy......that is it. Thor back on the DL too :(

I have given up hope for this season, hoping for a total collapse from this point. This current team can't even compete for a WC.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Nimmo has surprised me. His energy is infectious. It just so happens he plays on a team that drains the energy out of the most optimistic player. Build around him, Rosario, and Conforto. Only five more regular players are needed. Piece of cake for Sandy. It only took him eight years to get those three players.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Angels are 17-24 after starting 13-3. Just finished a horrid road trip, losing to below .500 clubs that they needed to capitalize on. I knew not to get excited. At least Ohtani and Trout and Simmons are fun to watch. Too bad Trout is gonna leave in 2020. Too bad I'm not some casual fan and winning actual means something. And this summer I'm gonna sink money into this damned product because I have to because I promised my son.

Cole Calhoun, Ian Kinsler, Albert Pujols, Cam Bedrosian, Garrett Richards, Keynan Middleton, Matt Shoemaker are the reason the Angels are a bubble team at best.

There are prospects in the pipeline, finally. And at key positions. But this team is further off from being true competitors than the Cowboys are.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mets starting pitching is hurting, especially with the injuries. But, this bullpen is downright terrible, like High School level terrible. They have blown 9 out of the last 11 losses :banghead:

Brandon Nimmo is about the only bright spot and hitting well :thumbup:

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Today is the Major league baseball draft. Not near the hype of the NFL but rather important anyway. The Mets draft 6th. I have read the reports but have no idea who they should draft. However, there is one thing for certain. Whoever the Mets draft will need surgery within the year, require much longer in the minors that other players drafted behind him and finally reach the majors and hit 230 as a platoon player. This will happen while several players taken after their pick will go on to have Hall of Fame careers with multiple World Series Rings. Prepare yourself Mets fans.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Anyhone else amused by this run the Mets are on? I think it is hilarious. . Alderson he was not thinking about rebuilding because he still has faith in the team. Delusion at its finest. Even when the Mets really sucked, they played well to the all star game. They dont even give that anymore.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wheeler finally pitched a good game. He is rewarded with zero runs and another Familia special :lmao:

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Anyone else amused by this run Seattle is on, sans Cano?? Well, Astros and Angels fans aren't :)

I'm amused by the Seattle run because we all know it's just that. A run. They have the worst farm system in Baseball. That doesn't leave much room for moves at the trade deadline or when guys get injured and start to tire out over the coarse of a 162 game season. The Astros are loaded and still have a top 5 farm system.

It's kind of like the Civil War. The South won most of the battles they fought in but ended up losing the war because the North had more railroads and more troops they could throw at you. Seattle is going to win a lot of battles but they're going to end up losing the war. It's only a matter of time. ;)

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'm amused by the Seattle run because we all know it's just that. A run. They have the worst farm system in Baseball. That doesn't leave much room for moves at the trade deadline or when guys get injured and start to tire out over the coarse of a 162 game season. The Astros are loaded and still have a top 5 farm system.

It's kind of like the Civil War. The South won most of the battles they fought in but ended up losing the war because the North had more railroads and more troops they could throw at you. Seattle is going to win a lot of battles but they're going to end up losing the war. It's only a matter of time. ;)
I don't think there's a cold day's chance in hell they finish above the Stros, brother, but they are playing good ball. They're about to travel to the East, tho. You guys took the last game, too. Maybe they fall down to earth now, God willing for both of our clubs :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone else amused by this run Seattle is on, sans Cano?? Well, Astros and Angels fans aren't :)

It's surprising to a point.

If you look at who they've played over the past month or so (other than Houston) it hasn't been a list of contenders.

On top of that they've accumulated a terrific record in one-run games... Sooner or later regression to the mean is going to show up.

The Astros have cleared a very difficult part of the their schedule and now play a variety of sub .500 clubs through the All-Star break.

I would expect by the time the All-Star game arrives Seattle will no longer be leading the division.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Seattle's record in one-run games has been ridiculous. That will start to even out.