MLB Regular Season

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
i
WOW. Odubel has reached safely 40 straight games. And he leads in that other little stat....BEST batting average, 360. Must be the hair. :muttley:

This kid is truly fun to watch. He's not only playing great offensively, but defensively as well. Kid has speed.

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I told yas that last year, he has no reason to be playing in the bigs. He is worse than Lucas Duda :laugh:

The thing with Gattis is that he's a better hitter as a catcher than he is when he's DHing and this year he's the #3 catcher because quite frankly he's not very good. He's almost too big & bulky to be a catcher.

If the Astros didn't have someone (or someones) at triple A that weren't tearing it up, then I may feel different, but when you have these two guys:

Tyler White .362 average with 7 home runs and 28 RBIs in 35 games. And he has more BB's than K's.

JD Davis hitting .435 in 108 at-bats. He has 15 doubles and 3 homeruns.

Hinch is being stubborn.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The thing with Gattis is that he's a better hitter as a catcher than he is when he's DHing and this year he's the #3 catcher because quite frankly he's not very good. He's almost too big & bulky to be a catcher.

If the Astros didn't have someone (or someones) at triple A that weren't tearing it up, then I may feel different, but when you have these two guys:

Tyler White .362 average with 7 home runs and 28 RBIs in 35 games. And he has more BB's than K's.

JD Davis hitting .435 in 108 at-bats. He has 15 doubles and 3 homeruns.

Hinch is being stubborn.

Yea, those two should be called up soon. My wife is a big Stros fan, so for Mothers Day tomorrow, I am taking her up to Fresno to see the Grizzlies play Salt Lake. I was hoping to catch the 51's(Mets vs Astros) but they aren't coming until July :(

Should be fun, those kids play harder.......but I like AA better, they are more "hungry" :thumbup:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, those two should be called up soon. My wife is a big Stros fan, so for Mothers Day tomorrow, I am taking her up to Fresno to see the Grizzlies play Salt Lake. I was hoping to catch the 51's(Mets vs Astros) but they aren't coming until July :(

Should be fun, those kids play harder.......but I like AA better, they are more "hungry" :thumbup:

Gattis shouldn't have a job with his .197 average and 1 homerun.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
i
WOW. Odubel has reached safely 40 straight games. And he leads in that other little stat....BEST batting average, 360. Must be the hair. :muttley:

This kid is truly fun to watch. He's not only playing great offensively, but defensively as well. Kid has speed.
Make that 43. Phillies legend Mike Schmidt holds the team record by reaching base in 56 straight games in 1981-82, so Herrera has a ways to go. That said, I'm not even going to mention Ted's streak of 84 in those hot summer months of July 1st through September 27th, in 1949.

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How is Jose Reyes still playing? Oh, it is because he plays for the Mets, most incompetent FO out there. I could go out there at my age and hit better than .132.

He made two more errors on routine plays tonight. Send him packing, he is terrible!

FloridaRob

Reaction score
no problem TCat. The Mets have signed Jose Bautista. Just his presence alone will will the Mets regulars into success. 1st place is ours to lose now. Strike up the band. And bring Tim Tebow up while they are at it. He can lay hands on and pray these sorry players to victory. His method is probably a lot more successfull than the Moe, Larry, and Curly routine the front office has been running out there the past 20 years.

And if that isnt bad enough, The front office is also now having Dominic Smith learn the outfield. That should be fun. A 240 lb guy that can barely move around 1st base is now being called up to cover teh outfield. That is why the call them The Amazins

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no problem TCat. The Mets have signed Jose Bautista. Just his presence alone will will the Mets regulars into success. 1st place is ours to lose now. Strike up the band. And bring Tim Tebow up while they are at it. He can lay hands on and pray these sorry players to victory. His method is probably a lot more successfull than the Moe, Larry, and Curly routine the front office has been running out there the past 20 years.

And if that isnt bad enough, The front office is also now having Dominic Smith learn the outfield. That should be fun. A 240 lb guy that can barely move around 1st base is now being called up to cover teh outfield. That is why the call them The Amazins

Braves & Phillies are putting up a decent fight in that division. Both have loads of young talent and the Phillies have a wad of cash they can spend.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i

Too bad for him he plays for a team nobody watches.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Ok so prior to yesterday, 6 ptchers had era under 2.00, and 3 of them were Astros. Now there are 5, 2 of them are Astros.

Too bad Dallas has been mediocre. If he was in the form he started with last season, the Astros would have a staff better than the 90s Braves. Maybe he can find his way this summer. If so, the American League is ours for the taking.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok so prior to yesterday, 6 ptchers had era under 2.00, and 3 of them were Astros. Now there are 5, 2 of them are Astros.

Too bad Dallas has been mediocre. If he was in the form he started with last season, the Astros would have a staff better than the 90s Braves. Maybe he can find his way this summer. If so, the American League is ours for the taking.

The Astros' staff has been amazing.

Just hope the offense has found its groove... It's been disappointing.