MLB Regular Season

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
The thing is you have two guys in the pen... McHugh & Peacock who could do a better job.

On top of that there are at least a couple guys down on the farm that could do a decent job.

Peacock was only 14-2 as a starter last year.

McHugh and Peacock would be starters on almost any other team in MLB. It's time to put Keuchel on the DL and give him a rest.

After that, let him pitch out of the Pen. He's either lost it or is injured. Not sure which one yet.

Last edited:

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I haven't followed him much this year, that's unfortunate, Mike. He was slated as the Next Ace. Is he looking like Garrett Richards, a supposed ace (top-15 AL pitcher) that has fallen into a #2-3 role, or is he bad? I don't want to cheat and look it up, but I do recognize that I havent heard his name much at all this year, and that's not a good sign for a person with his pedigree and expectations heading into the season.

Still, it's mind blowing that the Stros have only used 5 starters this year. I'd be all over Keuchel (without knowing the details, admittedly) if he presented himself to the Halos

Give us a good offer and we'll throw in Ken Giles for free. :)

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
How crazy would be a 105 win Yankees vs Defending Champs Houston in the Wild Card Game be?

Severino vs Verlander

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
You thinking there is no way they would lose the ALW to Seattle or that they can't beat Boston?

I've already said it. That Seattle horse isn't going to go the distance. All of those 1 run game wins for Seattle will be good while they last. After that...The cream will rise to the top.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Uncertain times if your an Angel fan. Trout doesnt want to commit past 2020 unless they get to the Playoffs, and despite Angel spin, conventional wisdom is that Ohtani need TJ surgery. The last I want is Trout on the Yankees or Phillies, and the last thing MLB wants is Ohtani on the shelf for a year.http://www.latimes.com/sports/mlb/la-sp-mlb-shaikin-20180609-story.html

The Angels still have a solid lineup & have 4 prospects in the top 100 if they want to make some moves at the trade deadline, It just depends on which direction they want to go.

Seattle still has the worst farm system in Baseball. No ammo.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I've already said it. That Seattle horse isn't going to go the distance. All of those 1 run game wins for Seattle will be good while they last. After that...The cream will rise to the top.
They said the same thing about BAL a couple year ago and they never regressed to the mean

Just saying don't take nothing for granted

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They said the same thing about BAL a couple year ago and they never regressed to the mean

Just saying don't take nothing for granted

And that's true.

But Baltimore didn't have this Houston-roster behind them.

This Houston club is loaded.

And Seattle has outplayed the expected record... They've been luckier that a 2-time lottery winner. While Houston's 1-run game record has been abysmal.

Regression to the mean.

And given all that they're in a dead heat at the moment with Seattle having to play a killer schedule the next month while Houston dines on bottom-feeders.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
read an article today that the Yankees are preparing to go all out for Bryce Harper. If that happens just let the Yankees go play by themselves. That would just be sick. I mean seriously, How is that even fair?

do fans even think twice about just getting any player they want with no concern for any kind of competition. No wonder the Yankees are hated.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
read an article today that the Yankees are preparing to go all out for Bryce Harper. If that happens just let the Yankees go play by themselves. That would just be sick. I mean seriously, How is that even fair?

do fans even think twice about just getting any player they want with no concern for any kind of competition. No wonder the Yankees are hated.

Give me great pitching over great hitting anytime.The Astros have both.