MLB Regular Season

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Miguel Cabrera out the rest of the season...

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...igers-remainder-season-ruptured-biceps-tendon

Tiger's not only owe him for the rest of this season, but an additional $160 mil through 2023.

As bad as Albert's contract is with the Angels... This monstrosity the Tiger's then GM saddled that team with... Horrible mismanagement.

And it's not like this is the first long, expensive contract that has blown up in a team's face (looking at you Yankees, Red Sox, Ranger's & Marlins).

That contract will strangle the Tiger's payroll for years.
Albert Pujols detroyed, and is continuing to destroy, Mike Trout's legacy. Arte majorly fricked up. Eppler needs to be allowed to GM as if Albert's contract isn't on the books. He's a negative-WAR player. His contract is worse than Miggy's. At least with Miggy out, the Tigers can replace him with even a replacement-level player and he'd be better than Pujols, whom literally costs the Halos games batting 4th. I have such venom for him. No way does he walk away from $30M/yr, either. So Trout's thru-age 29 seasons will have been wasted if they don't eat that monstrosity of a contract. And Trout will leave. Good for him. Angels surrounded him with scrap-heap talent and retreads and over-the-hill former stars. Throughout his whole career here. Just a joke.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
All so Arte Moreno could get his $1.5B Fox Sports deal, too. That's why he wanted Albert. It wasn't to win. Everyone knew it.

He'll end up losing more in ticket sales than gaining from the Pujols signing. Once Trout leaves, there goes ~10k season seats. Plus the already declining attendance from a fickle LA market that doesn't want to watch a 41 year old limp down to first on a double play ball (hit right into the shift, of course), killing our rally. We want winners. This isn't the Lakers. We aren't driving down the 5 fwy to watch a pathetic Clippers version of the MLB.

Well, I am a few times this summer, but if they don't fix this Albert fiasco, I'm gonna strongly consider not attending for a while

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Albert Pujols detroyed, and is continuing to destroy, Mike Trout's legacy. Arte majorly fricked up. Eppler needs to be allowed to GM as if Albert's contract isn't on the books. He's a negative-WAR player. His contract is worse than Miggy's. At least with Miggy out, the Tigers can replace him with even a replacement-level player and he'd be better than Pujols, whom literally costs the Halos games batting 4th. I have such venom for him. No way does he walk away from $30M/yr, either. So Trout's thru-age 29 seasons will have been wasted if they don't eat that monstrosity of a contract. And Trout will leave. Good for him. Angels surrounded him with scrap-heap talent and retreads and over-the-hill former stars. Throughout his whole career here. Just a joke.
I love Pujols as a player, but that contract was stupid at the time even. You don't give mid 30's players huge long term contracts. I think he was 34, if memory serves. (Which it often doesn't!!)

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I love Pujols as a player, but that contract was stupid at the time even. You don't give mid 30's players huge long term contracts. I think he was 34, if memory serves. (Which it often doesn't!!)
Yes, he was listed as 32, but he was at least 34. Maybe 35. Horrid contract then and now... Moreno just wanted to fill his coffers. At the expense of a whole team, baseball prodigy, and all of their fans.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All so Arte Moreno could get his $1.5B Fox Sports deal, too. That's why he wanted Albert. It wasn't to win. Everyone knew it.

He'll end up losing more in ticket sales than gaining from the Pujols signing. Once Trout leaves, there goes ~10k season seats. Plus the already declining attendance from a fickle LA market that doesn't want to watch a 41 year old limp down to first on a double play ball (hit right into the shift, of course), killing our rally. We want winners. This isn't the Lakers. We aren't driving down the 5 fwy to watch a pathetic Clippers version of the MLB.

Well, I am a few times this summer, but if they don't fix this Albert fiasco, I'm gonna strongly consider not attending for a while

The difference is stunning...

Albert Pujols:

StL Avg .328 OBP .420 Slugging .617
LAA Avg .261 OBP .316 Slugging .455

Who in their right mind would give a guy $30 mil a season for that sort of production?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
The difference is stunning...

Albert Pujols:

StL Avg .328 OBP .420 Slugging .617
LAA Avg .261 OBP .316 Slugging .455

Who in their right mind would give a guy $30 mil a season for that sort of production?
Every time I see his stats my eyes ******* bleed, Mike. When I watch him play I get red hot furious just looking at him.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score

Great post.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
DfmTnCqW4AEDagY.jpg

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
So who's winning the ALE, Boston or the Yanks?
I think it's too early to tell right now, ABQ. Sorry for the late reply. Both teams have deep lineups (Boston just got back their phenom RF), deep rotations/bp, both are #6 and 7 in all of MLB in pitching. and deep pockets for trade deadline acquisitions. As the season takes shape, this is easily the most compelling race (NY vs BOS) in the AL. For me, at least, at this point in the season. Didi's OPS is still over .800, despite his precipitous fall from his blazing hot start. If he gets back to hitting like that again, I might give the edge to NYY. They have such a stacked lineup. But how about JD for Boston?? Everyone thought that was a bad signing and he's a candidate for second place in AL MVP along with the likes of greats like Betts, Lindor, Jose Ramirez.

I want to publicly admit how wrong I was about Judge, too. I thought he was going to flame out into a .250/.330/.480, 25-30 hr/200 K hitter, but he is absolutely the real deal. Plus, he's a great kid. Just a fantastic kid, very similar to MNT (that's Michael Nelson Trout) in demeanor and love for the game. Judge has quickly grown on me, and might be my favorite non-Halo. Just love him and his Michael Strahan-gap tooth :)

As we get closer to the All Star break, we'll see some divisions leaders pull away, but I suspect the AL East is gonna go down to the wire, with the loser beating Seattle in the WC game.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Houston is going to run roughshod over the AL West. Seattle is nothing to Houston. And Keuchel is warming up now. It isn't fair!!!! :)

I am impressed with Seattle. I know there are some fans in here who aren't, but what they are doing without their best hitter is pretty fantastic. But they wont stand a chance against BOS/NY/HOU, imo. Where does their greatness lie? How are they doing this? This year's "Team of Destiny" for MLB. I just don't think its gonna have an ending like the Royals in 2015.