MM - 0% Chance He's Replaced

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No reason for him to be replaced. Hire a special “clock management“ advisor.. perhaps
He is fine with clock management. It is the disliker fans that complain and think they know more than he does. Yes there have been a few questionable times. But even Belichick has had his stupid clock management issues.

If this is all the fans can complain about about. We have a pretty good coach. 3 straight years at 12-5. 3 straight years in the playoffs....yeah we have a bad coach....

JBS

Reaction score
Tom Brady’s Bucs were a wildcard team when they won the SB in 2020. The Saints won the division that year
Good point. Thanks for correction. I forgot about the bucs. Tom Brady and parity is a tough sell though hahah

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve read plenty of ‘MM goes if he underperforms in the playoffs’

Nope. Not going to happen. I know the ‘Post Season Is All That Matters’ crowd will chime in, and they’ll be wrong.

- First 3 consecutive 12 win seasons in almost 30 years

- More importantly, only one team had a better regular season record than us this year. Only 4 teams in the league won 12+, three of them were in the NFC.
Remember before the season when everyone said it was the NFCCG or bust? Why has the narrative changed? Because of a 12 win season?

If the Cowboys lost next week, just wait and see how long it takes before the threads pop up about him needing to go. My guess is less than 5 seconds after the clock hits 0:00.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Nope. Not going to happen. I know the ‘Post Season Is All That Matters’ crowd will chime in, and they’ll be wrong.

- More importantly, only one team had a better regular season record than us this year. Only 4 teams in the league won 12+, three of them were in the NFC.

The playoffs aren’t the crap shoot that MLB post season is, but playoff game spreads are tight. We’re only a 7 point favorite over GB. This league is designed from the ground up to create parity.

I think Dallas wins by 10+, but it’s the NFL. The Packers aren’t cupcakes and every player on their team gets paid for a reason. Also, now the illness bug is hitting teams. If 4-6 of our starters have the flu, we’re going to have problems.

GO COWBOYS!!

OAO….
The guy agreed Mike McCarthy should be the coach here regardless of what happens in the playoffs however don't say 0% because we've seen Jerry do stranger things we watched that coach I can't remember his name but he's always was a great regular season coach with the San Diego Chargers they go 14 and two got booted out of the first round and he got fired...

So this is a strange year what if Bill Belichick or Harbaugh came to Jerry and said hey Jerry if you're thinking about making a change we'd like to be your next head coach and we have a plan because this team outside of the chargers if the head coaching position became open this would be the number one most coveted job not because it's the Dallas Cowboys and the star because of the talent we have also we will have a lame duck quarterback..

That gives whatever coach that comes in here a chance to have a veteran quarterback on a one year deal if the Cowboys decided to go ahead and pay him $59 million to keep Prescott for one year and let the new head coach and the new staff decide what direction they wanna go and then it would leave them some time to think about extending Prescott that's a great job you're not forced to keep a quarterback sort of like they're dealing with in Denver but you have a loaded window of opportunity open for at least one year here with the Cowboys that a coach can come in here and just finish what Mike McCarthy started...

So yeah I mean somebody whispers hard enough in Jerry's ear to get a Bill Belichick in here you know the guys getting older a little more willing to give up a few things I mean you look at the Ring of Honor which Jimmy things are changing we all know that will mcclay is really the acting GM even though he doesn't have the title it wouldn't be crazy to think that if Harbaugh or Bill Belichick wanted the job bad enough they might be able to convince Jerry to make a change should Mike McCarthy not get us to an NFC championship game..

So let's move it to a 20% chance not zero nothing's ever 0...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Remember before the season when everyone said it was the NFCCG or bust? Why has the narrative changed? Because of a 12 win season?

If the Cowboys lost next week, just wait and see how long it takes before the threads pop up about him needing to go. My guess is less than 5 seconds after the clock hits 0:00.
But you do know that everybody isn't Jerry fanbases don't count just because people say it in the media just because fans seem to have an agenda or a narrative doesn't mean that's the way Jerry feels so there never was a real narrative at the star I know it's been hinted and that's why the original poster needs to not use the #0 because there's always more than a 0% chance anything can happen... I think it's a 20% chance I think that the fact that Bill Belichick might be available and Harbaugh might want to come back to the NFL that these are two names that Jerry would consider making a change like that should we not get into an NFC championship game..

I doubt that's going to happen I believe Mike McCarthy has his team right on the cusp now if we get bounced in the first round that goes up to 50% I mean there's no way if we lose our home to Green Bay I think Jerry's going to have a coronary might be literally....

This is why we know a certain someone's father from this staff knows full well sometimes it doesn't matter how great your regular season was if the owner gets tired of not going far enough in the playoffs anybody remember this?

"Less than a month after San Diego's NFL-best 14-2 season was wrecked in a home playoff loss to New England, Spanos cited the exodus of both coordinators and other assistants in firing Schottenheimer. The coach had a year left on his contract."

I mean we all know that Dan Quinn's probably gone and if we lose in the first round at home, I mean Jerry might decide to go the rest of the way if we're going to change Staffs just do it pull the Band-Aid and go get a big name in here to finish this thing off...

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Replacing MM right now would mean the FO is incompetent. And I don't believe they are. We'll see if he gifts the Pack a win. Just get past the Pack. That's all I want for now.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He is fine with clock management. It is the disliker fans that complain and think they know more than he does. Yes there have been a few questionable times. But even Belichick has had his stupid clock management issues.

If this is all the fans can complain about about. We have a pretty good coach. 3 straight years at 12-5. 3 straight years in the playoffs....yeah we have a bad coach....
Clock management, especially in the final minutes of the game, is his biggest weakness. Situational clock-management.

If that's not the case, why does he punt last year on 4th and 10 against a stout 9ers team when the odds of just going for it, statistically, double your chances. Because he obviously didn't realize the odds. His response as to why he punted was "4th and 10." He said that twice. Either way, running the clock down by punting gives you even less odds that "4th and 10." That said, I forgive the call. New season, and all of that. Every coach has a few weaknesses. That just happens to be McCarthy's. We shall see. I still support him.

silvernblu

Reaction score

The playoffs aren’t the crap shoot that MLB post season is, but playoff game spreads are tight. We’re only a 7 point favorite over GB. This league is designed from the ground up to create parity.

I think Dallas wins by 10+, but it’s the NFL. The Packers aren’t cupcakes and every player on their team gets paid for a reason. Also, now the illness bug is hitting teams. If 4-6 of our starters have the flu, we’re going to have problems.

GO COWBOYS!!

OAO….
Seriously. We saw how one blocked kick and a tipped ball put us quickly behind a team we dominated from the start.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clock management, especially in the final minutes of the game, is his biggest weakness. Situational clock-management.

If that's not the case, why does he punt last year on 4th and 10 against a stout 9ers team when the odds of just going for it, statistically, double your chances. Because he obviously didn't realize the odds. His response as to why he punted was "4th and 10." He said that twice. Either way, running the clock down by punting gives you even less odds that "4th and 10." That said, I forgive the call. New season, and all of that. Every coach has a few weaknesses. That just happens to be McCarthy's. We shall see. I still support him.
And how many times did it cost a win this season? I mean actually cost a win. Remember many other circumstances are involved to get to that point.
I am not saying there are not or have not been times or issues.
They just are not as bad as fans make it out to be.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
If they lose in the wildcard I believe he’s going to be let go. They are playing an inferior team at home. There is absolutely no reason to lose this game. It would be a complete failure.
it would be how we lost that would get him fired not that we lost

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Unless the Cowboys get embarrassed in the playoffs and the outcome is directly related to coaching decisions on offense (the Cowboys have a Head Coach for defense), I can't see McCarthy getting fired.

Watching Cowboys football since McCarty and Quinn have arrived feels different from any time post Parcells. It hasn't been perfect, but making the playoffs and winning 12 games 3 consecutive times in his 4 years at the helm is pretty damn good.

I believe the missing ingredient for this team is a full time GM with accountability who can pull the trigger on personnel decisions. If Will McClay had that level of authority this team would be better.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
If we're one and done, he absolutely needs to be replaced. We cannot be in another Garrett situation.

bottleKids

Reaction score
I think there is more of a chance of DQ going vs MM... Which is ok by me, because then we give Harris the DC position and no risk losing a young defensive mind who is having a fantastic year.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
That's is a great point and something not to be overlooked.
wow you love me?? lol jk you're right we can't come out there looking flat with a high number of penalties, offense and defense looking lost and not prepared

JayFord

Reaction score
he'd have to lose in the first round and then start off next year 1-7 to get fired

LovinItAll

Reaction score

You won’t find a post by me ever saying it’s the NFCCG or bust. I don’t believe that, and there are too many factors that have zero to do with coaching that can get a team booted from the playoffs. It’s always about how and and why a team loses, not that they caught the L.

I gave this example earlier: Let’s say neither team turns the ball over and we put up 35 points, which wins over 97% of NFL games, but we get beaten 38-35. The offense did their job. MM has nothing to do with the defense.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
One thing I learned very quickly in the business world, and that is what the NFL is, is that the past doesn’t matter. It’s what have you done for me lately. It’s great that we have three seasons like this. It’s great that it’s the first time in 30 years. But don’t fool yourself, the climate will change extremely fast if the Cowboys blow the wildcard round.
Again, if they lose, it will depend on why and how they lost.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Gotta agree.

Especially with Bill B leaving NE.
?..... so let me take some stock here
1st you think Dallas is going to release Dak and start Lance..
2nd move is fire MM and bring in Bill Cheatacheck?

you sir are on fire with your notions......To qoute the great Sheriff Buford T Justice "There is no way...NO WAY..." Bill Cheatacheck would coach here and then there is the Release Dak and start Lance thing...