MM clock management is the worst in the NFL

Syron

Reaction score
I think we all know Mikes gone after this year, but time management isn’t high on my list of complaints about him. Worse review caller in the game? Sure. Zero half time adjustments. Fine. Very basic offense. Again I agree.

T-RO

Reaction score
Mike certainly has a history of being bad with the clock, but I don't understand your criticism regarding tonight's game.

I don't have much of a problem at all w/tonight's time management.

You want to milk the clock but it doesn't mean a thing if you don't get a TD there. Draining every last second wasn't priority #1

BigD5

Reaction score
You don’t know football. That was idiotic play calling and time management. Horrendous. Got lucky.
You got me there

I suppose big Mike should’ve left Pittsburgh with more time on the clock. Or maybe he should’ve let the time run out before Dallas used all 4 downs to score. I think you are on to something. Great football mind you have got!

Adiba1977

Reaction score
He left them 20 seconds and no timeouts. What else did you want?
He didn’t cause that. Ended up that way. Got lucky. He just isn’t smart making clock managing decisions and calling common sense plays. Like running on 3rd and 1. Or letting clock run and qb sneak from the 1ft

Loso86

Reaction score
This guy is an absolute bone head when it comes to managing the clock. That display was a total embarrassment.
What did he do? should probably dund something else to be mad about......there was a lot of it

ClintDagger

Reaction score
That TO when they were down to the 2 with 50+ seconds left was unforgivable. MM got bailed out by Dak barely staying inbounds.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
He left Pittsburgh with roughly 15 seconds and no timeouts at the end. There are plenty of things to complain about in this game. That was not one of them. Just because you would've done something different doesn't mean what he did was wrong.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
McCarthy overall did a good job today, few plays that were poor calls that had me scratching my head, but getting this team motivated despite all the adversity is a big win in my book. Give credit to the coaches and players that stepped it up this week!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He left Pittsburgh with roughly 15 seconds and no timeouts at the end. There are plenty of things to complain about in this game. That was not one of them. Just because you would've done something different doesn't mean what he did was wrong.
He did not. He lucked into it.

If they hadn't botched things, and Pit hadn't called a TO with a dead ball before 4th down, the Steelers would have had plenty of time.

If Dak scores on 1st down, they have nearly 50 seconds and a TO. If Dowdle scores on 2nd, about 30 and a timeout.

Dallas had timeouts. They did not need time. The Steelers did. Yet it was Dallas stopping the clock and rushing plays.