MM dropped the ball

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Ranching, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    36,118 Messages
    92,072 Likes Received
    I give MM plenty of credit, but he did not have them ready to play. The defense has turnovers in there head, which is OK, but we have to tackle with the first guy and THEN try to strip the ball. Offense was just outta sync.....believe me, it happens. MM went from Fat Mike to Big Mike after six straight wins.....if he doesn't get them ready to play against ATL he's going back to Fat Mike. I'm a fan, but he needs to pull his head out of his butt and fix it!

Pantone282C, EJK24, MaineBoy and 30 others like this.
  2. rnr_honeybadger

rnr_honeybadger Well-Known Member

7,733 Messages
    10,434 Likes Received
    The team as a whole looked flat and I don't know how much of it was because they were still hungover from the MN win. I suspect the extra day rest probably backfired but that being said if they had put in the extra day of work and we got the same result then how many would be saying that players are burnt out?

3. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

13,214 Messages
    25,423 Likes Received
    Do we know for sure who makes the decision to go for 4th downs? Is that 100% of the time McCarthy's call? Because I am tired of watching this team not be able to gain 1 yard.

4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Admin

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    76,034 Messages
    35,497 Likes Received
    99% of the team dropped the ball.

Dak could not hit the broad side of a barn. The WRs dropped too many passes that actually got to them.
    Zeke did not look good and appeared to be hobbled some what.
    The only dude that looked decent was Tony P on a few plays on offense and one two returns.

The defense started to look like last years with giving up huge gashes in the run and passing game.
    Parsons looked killer as usual and with a few plays from OO that was about it on D.

There were no decent change ups on Offense or Defense after the half.

This was a Murphy's law type of game where anything that could go wrong did go wrong. That Blocked punt turning into a first down was a prime example of that.

Add into it the old quicksand idea of once things start going down hill, the more you try to get out the more it sucks you down played into it as well. They all but gave up on the run and the passing game was not working so it made it worse.

5. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    23,875 Messages
    20,328 Likes Received
    I agree. I was yelling at the TV for them to make the damn tackle instead of worrying about the ball. Sure you want to strip it when there is an opportunity, but they were giving up a lot of extra yards by not bothering to get the runner down.

Pantone282C, BAT, BBGTYCOON and 3 others like this.
  6. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

10,282 Messages
    11,731 Likes Received
    Glad you’ve come back down to earth. He’s not a great HC. Better than Garrett? Who isn’t? Dak needs to play better too. Can’t get shutout like we just did and yes I said shutout!

HowardC likes this.
  7. sunalsorises

sunalsorises Well-Known Member

2,054 Messages
    3,307 Likes Received
    Was he wearing 19? That ball hit him right in the breadbasket.

blueblood70 likes this.
  8. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    11,265 Messages
    8,758 Likes Received
    I can't blame MM for the atrocious tackling on defense.

jazzcat22 and blueblood70 like this.
  9. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

26,598 Messages
    19,285 Likes Received
    that Quinn and the defensive staff doin the teaching so ??

ranch is back to fatranch for this post...:laugh::p

DuncanIso and HowardC like this.
  10. MountaineerCowboy

13,214 Messages
    25,423 Likes Received
    According to CeeDee they've not been having good practices. That's on the coaching.

Pantone282C, BAT, CT Dal Fan and 5 others like this.
  11. charron

charron Well-Known Member

9,938 Messages
    10,452 Likes Received

Mike should have seen this and corrected it. You can not allow players to stack bad days together. Get them back to fundamentals with a good ole hard nosed practice.

12. MountaineerCowboy

13,214 Messages
    25,423 Likes Received
    Well, CeeDee has made it public, so if MM doesn't correct it then it's on him.

I feel like he's allowed them to eat the cheese.

Pantone282C, BAT, DuncanIso and 4 others like this.
  13. Shane612

Shane612 Well-Known Member

3,099 Messages
    1,986 Likes Received
    It's always easy to blame the coach. It's a default thing to do when things go sideways.

DuncanIso likes this.
  14. charron

charron Well-Known Member

9,938 Messages
    10,452 Likes Received

If a player felt that way it had to be noticable to coaches unless they aren't paying attention and those are scary thoughts.

BAT and MountaineerCowboy like this.
  15. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

14,724 Messages
    16,687 Likes Received
    I've been saying the same thing about the tackling for few weeks now. I am getting tire of seeing our players getting dragged 5 yards by the ball carrier while trying to strip the ball out.

16. thunderpimp91

thunderpimp91 Well-Known Member

3,396 Messages
    6,801 Likes Received
    A ton went wrong, but at the end of the day it all falls back on MM. This team simply wasn't prepared. It happened though, time to move on. We will see this week the type of team and the type of HC MM is. No reason this team cant win by multiple possessions against Atlanta.

BAT, DuncanIso, visionary and 2 others like this.
  17. MountaineerCowboy

13,214 Messages
    25,423 Likes Received
    You'd think, but I never wanted MM as the coach anyways, so I have zero faith in him doing the smart thing.

18. Cmac

Cmac Well-Known Member

8,317 Messages
    5,506 Likes Received
    Other than the kick-off return.....I'm baffled that Tony P's play would be granted "decent". If he is feeling good watching film today......that explains a lot.

BAT likes this.
  19. Silly

Silly Well-Known Member

964 Messages
    883 Likes Received
    Rumor is that Moore is a genius play caller. But it looks like he sucks on 4th down.

Buzzbait and Frosty like this.
  20. thunderpimp91

thunderpimp91 Well-Known Member

3,396 Messages
    6,801 Likes Received
    When a team looks that bad on both sides of the ball it falls on the HC. They really didn't get corrections made for either unit either. This team would out played, but also outcoached. From a level of preparation, player physicality, and straight Xs and Os this team lost the game.

It may be the easy thing to do to blame the HC, but the issues surrounding this game were pretty easy to diagnose.

BAT and DuncanIso like this.