Twitter: MM: Zeke is still a "big time" player

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I wonder how many Cowboys fans were saying the same kind of things about Emmitt in 1994 when he averaged just 4.0 yards per carry of in 1996 when he averaged a career low of 3.7. Some of you would have been ready to toss him after that year.

Careers fluctuate. Sometimes a player does hit a wall and is done, but sometimes circumstances lead to them having a bad year in comparison to their other years. If there was ever a year where circumstances played a part in a down year, 2020 would be that year.
Remind me again how the team was doing back then. Call me when Zeke is coming off back to back superbowls.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If that's the case then who the heck was the slug wearing 21 on gamedays this past season?

Seemed like a guy fighting through multiple injuries while running behind a patchwork line with mediocre to bad QB play thrown in just for good measure. Did people not notice that Henry's production shot through the roof after they yanked Mariota and inserted Tannehill? Not that Tannehill is Rodgers but he provided that little extra that forces defenses to at least pay attention to the passing game which Mariota simply did not. It also bears stating that Henry's line is good.. really good. Some of the holes that big monster is getting to run through reminds me of Dallas circa 2014 and 2016.