CFZ MM's West Coast Personnel with the Packers

glimmerman

Reaction score
Isn’t WCO about getting the ball out to shorter passes. Reminds me of 2016. Run heavy and short passes to get the ball out. Hey gee whiz that happens to be our FORMULA WE SHOULD HAVE FOLLOWED A FEW WEEKS AGO. We will soon see if it was Moore or Dak that was abandoning the run.

Creeper

Reaction score
Yet this past year he complained that he didn't have very good WRs.
I think Aaron is just getting old and he can't do what he once did. But I am also sure every QB would like better receivers.

LysleE

Reaction score
Maybe so but I can't imagine his offensive priority is to have Dak throwing 30+ passes a game.
Agree…with Dak we know when he throws 30+ passes a game bad things happen; moreover, the OL is not all that great in pass protection, they are much better in run blocking.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
mike lost in playoffs every year from 2011 on, and he had Rodgers at qb! let that sink in.
He is 1-2 with cowboys.
Him calling plays isnt going to help much.

jerry is just patching the holes in the boat. and making fans think it will be better next year.

khiladi

Reaction score
Apparently McCarth
I think part of the conflict between Rodgers and McCarthy was with regards to McCarthy wanting to run the ball more.

The new HC came in with a mandate to run the ball more/better.

Rushing attempts by Green Bay:
2018: 333 (Mc's last season)
2022: 446
This is what I vaguely recall, as MM was getting criticized for completely ignoring the run. The last three years they were one of the last 3 teams in rushing attempts per game.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The question becomes, if MM is going to be more run-heavy, is what does Dallas do at the RB position? Zeke clearly is now more of a FB and Pollard is going to be coming off a bad lower leg break.
Zeke is over.
Pollard's health is the big question. If he's projected to be healthy, I'd just franchise him. Then draft 2 RBs.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The question becomes, if MM is going to be more run-heavy, is what does Dallas do at the RB position? Zeke clearly is now more of a FB and Pollard is going to be coming off a bad lower leg break.
Let both walk, this draft is really deep at the RB position.............I know everybody has a hard-on for Bijan, but you can get good RBs even in the middle rounds this year.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The WCO is quite well-known and the main factors are WRs who can make YAC.
It is the IDEAL offense for CeeDee Lamb.

Kellen used some tenants there.

The MM version is more traditional and used short, quick passing game in lieu of flat out running the ball.

The main thing I'd suggest is we do see a WR brought in now that matches that bigger frame, after the catch work of a Dez type guy. T.O. is the prototype with Jerry Rice the beyond comprehension excellence.

I now think a WR R1 is very, very possible. Mike will want his weapons in the passing game.
All that said, Will loves to play the board straight.
This draft may well see some shift in power in personnel over to MM.
Good analysis..........I am thinking WR at 26 is probably going to be the play here, even thought I would love Bijan.............yeah, I am a UT almuni so I might be biased here;)

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good analysis..........I am thinking WR at 26 is probably going to be the play here, even thought I would love Bijan.............yeah, I am a UT almuni so I might be biased here;)
If Bijan is there, you draft him. UT alum as well :thumbup:

He would allow Zeke and Pollard to walk, saving a lot of $$$.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If Bijan is there, you draft him. UT alum as well :thumbup:

He would allow Zeke and Pollard to walk, saving a lot of $$$.
This dude is going to be a stud at the next level:yourock:

bijan-robinson.jpg

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not against Bijan at all.
I was pretty low on WR at 26 but reality is 26 is so low you better take BAP at a position of need.
That has really worked for us.
Reaching for positional need has largely not.

CeeDee. Micah, Zack fell into our laps.

If Bijan can be the WCO type back MM might be on board with that.
WCO backs get out into routes for quick hitters and then what Bijan really does well is that wheel route that gets deep and WCO backs def do that if they are great ones.

Verdict

Reaction score
Offensive line was always good in Green Bay. Need Dallas to continue to make it a priority every year
If I remember correctly, the lines were pretty good in Green Bay with most of their linemen drafted later in the draft. They also HELD, A LOT.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Lacy was never considered an elite back. They did hit on many receivers on day 2.
Round 2 was particuarly good for them for WRs:
  • Greg Jennings, 2nd round, 2006
  • Jordy Nelson, 2nd round, 2008
  • Randall Cobb, 2nd round, 2011
  • Davonte Adams, 2nd round 2014
  • Christian Watson, 2nd round, 2022 (obviously didnt' play for McCarthy)
Those top 4 guys collectively have over 34,000 yards recieving and 275 TDs (with Adams and Cobb still playing). That's a shocking amount of productivity, pro-bowls, all-pros, for WRs not drafted in the 1st round.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Rodgers has had conflict at every level and every turn.
At this point it's pretty clear it is a HIM issue.

MM may well have just gotten stale in GB.
But AR has whined, begged about for trades, signed a new massive overpaid deal, and returned to begging for trades and threatening to retire.
The reason he fell in the draft initially was no one liked him at all.
He is one of the least likable players in NFL history.

In GB and other cold weather stadiums, you need to be able to run the ball.
It was what Jimmy learned quickly and BP knew.
Its why Dallas being in the NFCE has done its best when they can run the ball late in the year.
Kellen wasn't wrong about that approach, just perhaps the way he ran it.
Always up the middle is a tough deal because it allows teams to just converge on middle.
With a full health Gallup on outside that method worked nicely to create long passes and TDs.
Last year was wildly absent guys making those plays though.
And teams just squeezed and squeezed those windows tight.
LOL, not really. As a Packer fan I have followed every thing Packers and Rodgers. The Packers have always been an organization that was "this is how we do it, get in line and we don't care about anythign else". To Rodgers credit he called them out on it. Other teams give respect to their veteran players. Before Rodgers called them out, the Packers would not do it. They would cut verterans without any notice and in the process destroyed the locker rooom. Rodgers went against what was the norm and by himself fixed that. Good for him and now good for the Packers I get that fact he is probably the most hated player in the league. He comes across as the smartest person in the room. Here's the thing, he usually is the smartest person in the room The guy has a photogenic memory and has no problem recalling sequence of plays from 15 years ago. He is hated for what he says. The guy goes on a radio show every week and instead of given cliche answers that we have heard a thousand times, he speaks what he believes and that rubs people the wrong way. I appreciate his honesty. Whined and begged for Trades. yea, that only happened when he came back a couple of years ago and requested Randall Cobb to rejoin him. He is not "threatening" to retire. He has played a long time. He deserves the right and the Packers agree that he has earned that right to decide if he wants to continue. He hasn't "threatended" anything. Just another hater that writes garbage to fit their agenda even if there is no truth to it.

As far as the end with McCarthy, I know there was a disconnect. Mike was trying to run the same tired offense every defense in the league knew how to defend and he would not change. His offense at the end was lets run the play and when it breaks down let AR run around and make a play. Yea not real smart. Funny AR won two MVPs after he left. As far as AR this year, it was down year but his numbers were still pretty good with a bunch of rookie recievers. I have no doubt if he goes to a team with a strong defense, he could lead them to a Super Bowl. If he would have been playing for Dallas against San Fran, Dallas would have won. He isnt dead yet.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
LOL, not really. As a Packer fan I have followed every thing Packers and Rodgers. The Packers have always been an organization that was "this is how we do it, get in line and we don't care about anythign else". To Rodgers credit he called them out on it. Other teams give respect to their veteran players. Before Rodgers called them out, the Packers would not do it. They would cut verterans without any notice and in the process destroyed the locker rooom. Rodgers went against what was the norm and by himself fixed that. Good for him and now good for the Packers I get that fact he is probably the most hated player in the league. He comes across as the smartest person in the room. Here's the thing, he usually is the smartest person in the room The guy has a photogenic memory and has no problem recalling sequence of plays from 15 years ago. He is hated for what he says. The guy goes on a radio show every week and instead of given cliche answers that we have heard a thousand times, he speaks what he believes and that rubs people the wrong way. I appreciate his honesty. Whined and begged for Trades. yea, that only happened when he came back a couple of years ago and requested Randall Cobb to rejoin him. He is not "threatening" to retire. He has played a long time. He deserves the right and the Packers agree that he has earned that right to decide if he wants to continue. He hasn't "threatended" anything. Just another hater that writes garbage to fit their agenda even if there is no truth to it.

As far as the end with McCarthy, I know there was a disconnect. Mike was trying to run the same tired offense every defense in the league knew how to defend and he would not change. His offense at the end was lets run the play and when it breaks down let AR run around and make a play. Yea not real smart. Funny AR won two MVPs after he left. As far as AR this year, it was down year but his numbers were still pretty good with a bunch of rookie recievers. I have no doubt if he goes to a team with a strong defense, he could lead them to a Super Bowl. If he would have been playing for Dallas against San Fran, Dallas would have won. He isnt dead yet.
My collegiate team (I was long gone) beat Aaron Rodgers(and Marshawn Lynch) in a Bowl game. Thats how far back I have known about him.
I watched him sit in the green room on ESPN and heard why.
Teams hated him in pre-draft meetings. Why? Too arrogant, can't be coached they said.
I sympathized when Favre treated him like dirt but Rodgers returned the favor.

Aaron can't get along with his parents or brother.
He can't get along with any girlfriend for any period of time.

And his money grabs are plainly clear for anyone to see, even the biggest Packers homers.

ARod may well be the most naturally talented QB of all-time.
He is insanely gifted.
But he is also a giant toolbag that no one enjoys being around.

Mike handled him as well and as long as anyone ever has.
There is not a single Packers fan that has enjoyed how Rodgers has treated the team and front office the last 5 years.
It's been threats and leveraged attacks non-stop.
He got 50M AAV and that kept him happy all of 1 season.
Now he is treatening for trades and other nonsense....

Aaron Rodgers signed a 3 year, $150,815,000 contract with the Green Bay Packers, including a $40,800,000 signing bonus, $150,815,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $50,271,667. In 2023, Rodgers will earn a base salary of $1,165,000, a signing bonus of $58,300,000 and a workout bonus of $50,000, while carrying a cap hit of $31,623,568 and a dead cap value of $99,778,568.
The VERY BEST GB can hope for is to have it go down as a trade NEXT year:

POTENTIAL OUT: 2024, 2 YR, $101,515,000; $24,480,000 DEAD CAP​

Insane!!!!

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Cant get along with Parents or brothers? LOL-You have no clue about his family and girlfriend dynamics and why those things happen. I guess the fact that Olivia Munn said in an Andy Cohen podcast that the "family throwing dirt in his eyes while he carried them on his shoulders" was Aarons problem. I never heard he wasnt drafted early because he was "difficult to coach and was arrogant". LOL, a QB that believes in his ability is arrogant. Wow! Thats a first. 23 teams screwed the pooch on that reasoning including Dallas twice. And who does not enjoy being around him? Fake news again. His teamates (other than Greg Jennings and Jemichael Finley) love the guy. Never heard any other teammate say anything negative about him. But I guess those two guys count as all the "no ones". I am a Packers fans and a huge Rodgers fan. As I said before, I have no problem with what has happened over thr past five years. He helped correct the organizatiosn problems with the veteran players. Other players have commented on how it has been good for what Rodgers has done. He is the most talented QB I have ever seen play and the managment of the Packers over that time has done him dirty. Yea they paid him a ton of money but they still did not do what was necessary for him to have a championship roster. No Qb with that talent has ever had to deal with the poor defense this organization has put on the field with him the past 12 years. Again, other than asking for Randall Cobb, when has he threatened anything or whined for trades. Have you ever listened to one minute of his podcast interactions with Macafee. Hate him all you want. But the guy comes across in those interviews as a pretty honest and straightforward guy who loves his teammates and playing football. Carry on....

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I did some research last night and tried to see what MM's skilled positions personnel looked like at his time with the Packers:

-Never had a great running back: Ryan Grant, Eddie Lacy, James Starks were all average at best at the position.
-The same can be said about their TE's, outside of Finley, Cooke, a bunch of Jag's.
-Their WR room was Donald Driver/Greg Jennings, then became Jordy Nelson/Randall Cobb/James Jones, where a young Adams replaced Jones late in MM time.

-I believe (opinion) MM is going to tweak his scheme and become more run first oriented. He is going to devise the best way to play to Dak's strengths. He may not had great running backs in GB, cause why would he take the ball out of Rodgers hands. He knows how to use a strong ground attack from his days as a OC with the Saints.

-Front office job now is to find players that fit this scheme. High-end route runners, that get quick separation. If they do decide to become more run first, adding another TE becomes necessary, especially if Shultz departs. Target running backs who are dual threats, I aspect more screens and be more apart of the passing game.
The only way to play to WENTZ 2.0's strengths is to have him hand off the ball EVERY OFFENSIVE PLAY! Because if he's allowed to throw the ball it's game over. After watching WENTZ 2.0 almost throw that pick 6 late in the 4th qter of the 9er game I came to the conclusion that there isn't a dam thing anyone can do to help the stupid side of WENTZ 2.0's brain. He was looking straight into the defender's eyes and still throw the ball in the defender's direction, who does stupid crap like this, seriously, who??????? I'll tell ya who, WENTZ 2.0 that's who!

jnday

Reaction score
I did some research last night and tried to see what MM's skilled positions personnel looked like at his time with the Packers:

-Never had a great running back: Ryan Grant, Eddie Lacy, James Starks were all average at best at the position.
-The same can be said about their TE's, outside of Finley, Cooke, a bunch of Jag's.
-Their WR room was Donald Driver/Greg Jennings, then became Jordy Nelson/Randall Cobb/James Jones, where a young Adams replaced Jones late in MM time.

-I believe (opinion) MM is going to tweak his scheme and become more run first oriented. He is going to devise the best way to play to Dak's strengths. He may not had great running backs in GB, cause why would he take the ball out of Rodgers hands. He knows how to use a strong ground attack from his days as a OC with the Saints.

-Front office job now is to find players that fit this scheme. High-end route runners, that get quick separation. If they do decide to become more run first, adding another TE becomes necessary, especially if Shultz departs. Target running backs who are dual threats, I aspect more screens and be more apart of the passing game.
MM was fired for his scheme in GB. Rodgers had to change plays to have any success.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
MM was fired for his scheme in GB. Rodgers had to change plays to have any success.
Rodgers have issues with his current HC/playcaller now too. He was successful for many years with his scheme.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cant get along with Parents or brothers? LOL-You have no clue about his family and girlfriend dynamics and why those things happen. I guess the fact that Olivia Munn said in an Andy Cohen podcast that the "family throwing dirt in his eyes while he carried them on his shoulders" was Aarons problem. I never heard he wasnt drafted early because he was "difficult to coach and was arrogant". LOL, a QB that believes in his ability is arrogant. Wow! Thats a first. 23 teams screwed the pooch on that reasoning including Dallas twice. And who does not enjoy being around him? Fake news again. His teamates (other than Greg Jennings and Jemichael Finley) love the guy. Never heard any other teammate say anything negative about him. But I guess those two guys count as all the "no ones". I am a Packers fans and a huge Rodgers fan. As I said before, I have no problem with what has happened over thr past five years. He helped correct the organizatiosn problems with the veteran players. Other players have commented on how it has been good for what Rodgers has done. He is the most talented QB I have ever seen play and the managment of the Packers over that time has done him dirty. Yea they paid him a ton of money but they still did not do what was necessary for him to have a championship roster. No Qb with that talent has ever had to deal with the poor defense this organization has put on the field with him the past 12 years. Again, other than asking for Randall Cobb, when has he threatened anything or whined for trades. Have you ever listened to one minute of his podcast interactions with Macafee. Hate him all you want. But the guy comes across in those interviews as a pretty honest and straightforward guy who loves his teammates and playing football. Carry on....
photogenic?