MNF: 49ers at Vikings

conner01

Reaction score
I see that all the time in football. And the call was very late too. Give me a break.
The timing is illrelavant and the penalty was blatantly obvious and right in front of the official
He was blocking before the pass was even thrown and well down field. It’s not called right around the LOS often but that was well down field

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Purdy throws 2 costly INTs during the last 4+ minutes in the game, but Purdy is not why the 49ers lost to the Vikings 22 - 17?
So, the receiver wasn't to blame for the first?

Second, 25 seconds left. I hardly think that lost the game for them.

Give Vikings credit. Dude ripping interception away for a TD comes to mind.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Against the Browns Purdy got them down to FG position and the kicker missed it. But to some here he lost the game.
Same with the Vikings. Certain people want to always blame OTHER QBs for losses but never their own.
Desperation throws usually end up badly. No matter who the QB is.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I believe, I’m not positive. But if I remember correctly teams that Beat us usually lose the following week. We are there Super Bowl on the schedule.
The Cowboys have a tendency to lose to a lot of subpar teams, and most of those teams lose the following week. The 49ers really geared up for us, and got caught the following week napping against Cleveland and now they’re struggling. We’re starting to see some chinks in Purdy’s armor.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Brock Purdy has only started 12 games in the NFL.
Even savvy vets have consistency problems
Not sure why you would expect this ultra-green 2nd year player to not have them

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh.

Why does that logic always prove we're better than other teams....but never proves other teams are better than us?

Weird.
Your statement doesn't make sense. You know that Dallas is not better than a good number of teams. Some fans can like a team and still be objective. Let's keep five alive.

The Cowboys left any championship mettle, in the 90's. They are truly nothing but entertainment. They bring excitement, parody and discussion; nothing else.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score

gtb1943

Reaction score
I still appreciate the aggressiveness.

Conventional wisdom in the waning seconds of a half says "keep the offense in front of you". It's been the safe, smart play for years. The thing is, the NFL has changed and its way easier to pass the ball nowadays.

Not saying someone should be aggressive all the time, but I liked the decision in that moment.
I agree overall that you should always be aggressive on D with a few exceptions. Like 20 seconds left and up two touchdowns and times like that.
As it always has and always will its a chess game between O and D.
The better player wins most of the time