MNF Game Thread - Giants @ Saints

Galian Beast

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4276207 said:
There isnt a GM in football who would pick Romo over Brees if given the choice. That includes Jerry Jones. And it's because of the difference in their levels of potential greatness.

Does he? I'd take Miles or Dez over any of their receivers, Witten over Graham and Murray over any of their backs. He has a better line and perhaps better depth at receiver and running back, but Romo has more top end weapons.

Romo has the best tight end in football, two great receivers and what looks like a future star at running back. Not many QBs can claim to have all that. Rodgers has mediocre backs, Brees has a bunch of good receivers and backs but nobody who you would call great right now, Brady has great TEs but mediocre backs and good but undesized receivers. Honestly, Phillip Rivers has maybe the best set of weapons in football (which makes his fall from grace even more amazing).

You clearly don't know the difference between experience and talent. Dez and Miles have more talent than their receivers, they don't however have the experience.

We also don't have the offensive line that they have.

You were probably one of the people saying Philip Rivers was better than Romo until this year.

Romo has been one of the most consistent QBs in the NFL since he became a starter. Never lower than 8th in the league in QB rating... there is a reason for that.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
The Quest for Six;4276214 said:
oh really, it's worked out so well for Miami in recent years with the numerous failed Qb's they've went through....no they wouldn't want the Brees decision do-over again, right!!!!!!!!!!

Dallas not Miami.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Galian Beast;4276182 said:
Even this year their numbers are very similar, even with Romo having broken his ribs early on in the year.

Brees has veteran WRs, Romo is really working with a lot less, yet has been just as productive.

I don't want to argue this with you, because I'm defending Romo, but similar is not the same.

Completing 70 percent of your passes is not the same as completing 64 percent. Having three games out of 11 with a QB rating under 90 is not the same as having five.

Brees is more consistent. I think that's the only gap between him and Romo, and even it's not as great as many around here seem to believe.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Galian Beast;4276219 said:
Dallas not Miami.

would of had a championship by now if Dallas didn't trade away two first round picks for a wr,Galloway( another idiot Jerry Jones trade) and instead selected Brees in 2001, you know who we selected in 2001 right, failed Quincy Carter...who should of been ATLEAST a sixth round pick, not second round pick,.....who's better there???

Galian Beast

Reaction score
gimmesix;4276222 said:
I don't want to argue this with you, because I'm defending Romo, but similar is not the same.

Completing 70 percent of your pass is not the same as completing 64 percent. Having three games out of 11 with a QB rating under 90 is not the same as having five.

Brees is more consistent. I think that's the only gap between him and Romo.

You do realize Romo got hurt week 2 of the season right?

What would you have said if Romo lost to St. Louis or Tampa Bay?

They've played a much easier schedule than us, simply due to the division they are in.

they scored 62 points on Indy...

Galian Beast

Reaction score
The Quest for Six;4276235 said:
would of had a championship by now if Dallas didn't trade away two first round picks for a wr,Galloway( another idiot Jerry Jones trade) and instead selected Brees in 2001, you know who we selected in 2001 right, failed Quincy Carter...who should of been ATLEAST a sixth round pick, not second round pick,.....who's better there???

Did Brees win a super bowl in San Diego?

Why not?

How many years has the consistent Drew Brees performed in the NFL....

Again, went 1-2 in the playoffs before winning a super bowl in New Orleans. Starting in the league since 2002....

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Consistent Drew Brees

86-61 record (career)
56-33 in New Orleans (62.9%)

Tony Romo
46-26 (63.8%)

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Galian Beast;4276236 said:
You do realize Romo got hurt week 2 of the season right?

What would you have said if Romo lost to St. Louis or Tampa Bay?

They've played a much easier schedule than us, simply due to the division they are in.

they scored 62 points on Indy...

Last year, Romo had 3 of 6 games with a rating under 90. Brees, in his worst year of his past three, had 7 of 16.

The previous year, Romo had 7 of 16; Brees had 5 of 16.

Like I said, it's close. But close is not the same. Brees is more consistent.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Galian Beast;4276240 said:
Did Brees win a super bowl in San Diego?

Why not?

How many years has the consistent Drew Brees performed in the NFL....

Again, went 1-2 in the playoffs before winning a super bowl in New Orleans. Starting in the league since 2002....

with Flutie there at the time, Rivers lead the team to an 8-8 record first year with not alot of talent
Rivers was drafted in 2004, Brees lead the team to a 12-4 record, probowl, division winner..

then was traded because Rivers was a first round pick, had two starters, too much money tied up, one had to go....

NEw Orleans, only a losing franchise for ever, how are they doing now with a real talented quarterback..

Romo given a ready made team, what has he done with it... 1 playoff win ...

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Galian Beast;4276258 said:
Consistent Drew Brees

86-61 record (career)
56-33 in New Orleans (62.9%)

Tony Romo
46-26 (63.8%)

Brees started with two bad teams when he got there, Romo started on a ready made team picked to be in the Superbowl three years straight,,,,sorry but Brees record more impressive

Galian Beast

Reaction score
The Quest for Six;4276280 said:
Brees started with two bad teams when he got there, Romo started on a ready made team picked to be in the Superbowl three years straight,,,,sorry but Brees record more impressive

Are you serious?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Galian Beast;4276285 said:
Are you serious?

20001 San Diego, first overall pick...now last time I checked, you're the worst team in the league to become the first overal pick...which they traded to Atlanta(vick)....and San Diego selected LT with the fifth