MNF Lions vs Packers thread

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yup, and the only way to make things better is for the NFL to get humiliated and put in its place. As fans, we have a lot of power. But, as I said in another thread, we are facing a giant, so having another sporting giant on our side would be a massive help. FIFA, and the different national leagues like the English Premier League, would be that sporting giant that can help us fight the NFL and put them in their place. Make it clear that match-fixing is bad and does not make for quality sport.
No lol fans have no power at all.
The only way fans could have power or change anything is to form an organization and grow, then fans could have power. otherwise it is all just rah rah blah blah, and nfl laughs at you.:lmao2:
Maybe you should start a group? get it going? cause that is what it takes is someone who feels strongly about it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No changes will be made to refs until it starts to have actual impact on TV ratings/ revenue.
then it wont happen, Nfl makes more $ every year, and nfl ratings are the best ratings on free TV.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
And you guys think Dallas is the only team in the league that gets screwed by the refs?

Like I say in the game day threads, try watching some other NFL games once in a while besides just Dallas and you will see that a very large number of teams (Patriots and Packers excluded of course) get screwed by the refs quite regularly.

It aint just Dallas.
yes it is all teams, including pats and packer.
The key is the why and who is benefiting ????
If true, the nfl isnt doing it to favor 1 or 2 teams, it would not favor any team, it would be about money, lots of it.

And they are not trying to send a particular team to a SB, if they were going to do that, the cowboys would have been in several SB's last 20 years, just for the ratings etc.
It would be about money, and then you would have to have no one involved ever speaking about it.

The other thing I will point out, is that NY office is monitoring every game, they may tell refs when to throw a flag,
then they also do the reviews, and make the decisions, so dont blame the refs, as I think it is all controlled
in an office in NY!!!!
However I would think if they are fixing games they could do a better job, be less obvious about it?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
yes it is all teams, including pats and packer.
The key is the why and who is benefiting ????
If true, the nfl isnt doing it to favor 1 or 2 teams, it would not favor any team, it would be about money, lots of it.

And they are not trying to send a particular team to a SB, if they were going to do that, the cowboys would have been in several SB's last 20 years, just for the ratings etc.
It would be about money, and then you would have to have no one involved ever speaking about it.

The other thing I will point out, is that NY office is monitoring every game, they may tell refs when to throw a flag,
then they also do the reviews, and make the decisions, so dont blame the refs, as I think it is all controlled
in an office in NY!!!!
However I would think if they are fixing games they could do a better job, be less obvious about it?
I have for the longest believed that the head office in NY is lets say "steering games" to go a certain way with these reviews and penalties and such.

For a sport that is tied to betting, even now online betting, it is becoming increasingly obvious that there are large sums of money being made on these games and to think that nothing shady goes on is being naïve.

That's all I am going to say about that, I think you know what I mean.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
:laugh::laugh:
72825022-10206350032505731-2031584767266258944-n.jpg

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I have for the longest believed that the head office in NY is lets say "steering games" to go a certain way with these reviews and penalties and such.

For a sport that is tied to betting, even now online betting, it is becoming increasingly obvious that there are large sums of money being made on these games and to think that nothing shady goes on is being naïve.

That's all I am going to say about that, I think you know what I mean.
Well if betting is the reason it still doesnt explain this game.
It isnt about who wins the game, it is about beating the spread.
This game is a classic example, I think spread was det + 2.5
those who bet on det won even though det lost the game
those who bet on GB lost even though GB won the game lol.
So was the big money in vegas on GB or Det ?? we have no way of knowing.
I used to know a bookie, and sometimes the money is even.

I would think that most of the money would be on GB-2.5 points, so then there would be no reason for the refs to help GB, just the opposite, they should
help det.
It could be that the nfl which is actually controlled by a bunch of stupid billionaires, is poorly run and they have too many cooks in the kitchen,
which results in some insane and poor officiating. Like jerry they are good at making money, but aside from that they are morons.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If the refs are fixing games, then the question is why and who does it gain and for who??????
The packers are the only team not owned by a single billionaire, it is group owned, and the NFL has made rules so that there will be no more group
owned franchises like the packers.
So why would the packers be favored by refs for years now?? what sense does it make?
No one team would be favored, as then the other owners would not like that, and they are the majority.
The only thing that makes sense to me is the gambling on games, if the bookmakers all needed GB to win and or cover the spread that didnt happen.
Gb did not cover the spread so bettors taking lions and points would have won. If they wanted Det bettors to win they would not help GB at the end.

So it cant be about covering the spread.
As for wanting GB to win games and go to SB, who does that help? There is no money in that.

If the game was fixed, how does the detroit owner benefit from it? And if he doesnt, why would he keep quiet?

For games to be fixed, their has to be financial gain somewhere for someone, and I dont really see it here in this game.
answer: THE PACKERS ARE A STOCK ON THE NYC stock exchange and stands to improve market value. if THE TEAM LOSES A GAME, the stockholders stand to lose money!!! ITS THE FAT CAT STOCKHOLDERS that are tied at the hip in NYC to Goodell.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
answer: THE PACKERS ARE A STOCK ON THE NYC stock exchange and stands to improve market value. if THE TEAM LOSES A GAME, the stockholders stand to lose money!!! ITS THE FAT CAT STOCKHOLDERS that are tied at the hip in NYC to Goodell.
They wont lose money over losing a game lol.

Elusiv1

Reaction score
I think Jerry Jones will hire Stephen A. Smith as the next Cowboys hc!!lol...Totally irrelevant and off topic but what the hell..Let's make a move!!!lol. Since the NFL has turned into the WWE i don't see why not.