MNF - Packers @ Seahawks

rkell87

Reaction score
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/9/...placement-refs-blown-call-reaction/in/3148359

nfl players react on twitter to the Seattle game.

Troy Aikman
✔
@TroyAikman
These games are a joke.

Stevie Johnson
✔
@StevieJohnson13
Yeeeee! Score 1 for the Good Guys. Way to Go Stripes! Always good seeing a fellow WR get credit for a TD.......ON A INTERCEPTION. Yesss

Nick Collins
✔
@nickthepick36
Seattle u can't feel good about tht win... Because y'all really lost... The refs give y'all the game...

Desmond bishop
✔
@Desbishop55
U can't even be truly happy as a player to win in such a cheating fashion. Sum funky wins u take but this ain't them kind. Pay the real refs

Pete Carroll
✔
@PeteCarroll
WOW!!! What a game!! Love our guys for battling all the way to the end and never giving up! #Seahawks

tomsanders921

Reaction score
cowboys2233;4751462 said:
Great example! Or the Brady fumble against the Raiders in the playoff game. The regular refs are every bit as bad but when you've got enough people complaining, everyone just follows along like a bunch of sheep.

I agree. And Gruden would not stop complaining about it. They know its good for ratings so they continuously talk bad about the refs.

Everything they do is magnified. They did have some questionable calls last night but the regular refs usually do as well. Only difference is the announcers won't let it go with the replacements like they do with the regular officials. This leads to fans and others in the media beating a dead horse.

Gruden said they blew two calls (pass interference and the td) on the last drive to give the seahawks the game. Well last time i checked the pass interference came up the 2nd to last drive and they did not get any points.

Its almost as if the media gets a cut of the contract the regular refs are trying to ink.

TVMan

Reaction score
Why does any Cowboy Fan give a crap about the Green Bay Packers getting screwed?

I'm thankful.

:laugh2:

visionary

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4751143 said:
They held Aaron Rodgers and the vaunted Green Bay offense to 268 total net yards. They imposed their will on Green Bay and forced the to play their game. When you play for a close game, you put yourself in position to benefit from a fluke play like a lucky bounce or a bad call at the end of the game . Conversely, if Green Bay's offense wouldn't have stunk up the joint they wouldn't have been in situation where one bad call would have decided the game.

seattle is a good physical football team that tried to dominate both the cowboys and packers

if you watched both games and think the way we responded is in anyway similar to how the packers did, then that is blindness no one can cure because it is self inflicted

visionary

Reaction score
TVMan;4751539 said:
Why does any Cowboy Fan give a crap about the Green Bay Packers getting screwed?

I'm thankful.

becasue there is a good chance we will be fighting for a wild card spot and seattle may well be the team we are competing with so i would like them to have a worse record than we do

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree it was a bad call but what really cost GB was getting outplayed for the majority of the game. A game most said would not even be a contest. No excuse for the bad call but GB not being able to make plays is what cost them.

Ref did a poor job throughout the game there were flags on ticky tac fouls and no flags on some obvious fouls. I have not seen as many flags being thown around the NFL as I have up to this point. One thing for sure the regular refs in the NFL are looking damn good right now hope they get back soon.

visionary

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4751615 said:
I agree it was a bad call but what really cost GB was getting outplayed for the majority of the game. A game most said would not even be a contest. No excuse for the bad call but GB not being able to make plays is what cost them.

Ref did a poor job throughout the game there were flags on ticky tac fouls and no flags on some obvious fouls. I have not seen as many flags being thown around the NFL as I have up to this point. One thing for sure the regular refs in the NFL are looking damn good right now hope they get back soon.

if the team with 12 points "was not able to make plays" what would you say about the team that had 7 points?

how would you factor in the fact that the same team scored 27 points against our defense? does this mean our defense is really bad?

GB was making enough plays, made necessary adjustments, and should have won the game

our team, in the same situation, not so much

Doomsday101

Reaction score
visionary;4751623 said:
if the team with 12 points "was not able to make plays" what would you say about the team that had 7 points?

how would you factor in the fact that the same team scored 27 points against our defense? does this mean our defense is really bad?

GB was making enough plays, made necessary adjustments, and should have won the game

our team, in the same situation, not so much

Sure I would. Dallas had way too many dropped passes in that game that were very costly. As for the defense they did not give up 27 special teams gave up 10 of those points. I make no excuse for the Cowboys play vs Seattle. As I said after the game Dallas played right into the strenght of the Seahawks and in doing that Seattle never had to go away from what they do best which is run the ball. The plays were there for the taking Dallas (Dez and Witten) flat out dropped some balls that killed drives.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
TVMan;4751539 said:

I'm thankful.

Probably because they are fans of football.

Having endings like this makes the game look like crap.

Oh, and these same guys could ref a Dallas game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4751633 said:
Probably because they are fans of football.

Having endings like this makes the game look like crap.

Oh, and these same guys could ref a Dallas game.

The ending was just part of it, they are throwing flags right and left though out the league right now. You got to let the players play, if all the game becomes are long stoppage and flags dictating the game people get bored with it.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Skip Bayless just made an excellent point. Because the refs cannot overturn the possession of the ball, the refs could only review to see if the ball hit the ground or not. That means that as long as somebody catches the ball, then the call must stay as called. Even if replay reveals that Golden Tate never even landed a finger on the ball, he would still get credit for the TD catch if it was intercepted and the refs called it a TD on the field.

rkell87

Reaction score
JonJon;4751710 said:
Skip Bayless just made an excellent point. Because the refs cannot overturn the possession of the ball, the refs could only review to see if the ball hit the ground or not. That means that as long as somebody catches the ball, then the call must stay as called. Even if replay reveals that Golden Tate never even landed a finger on the ball, he would still get credit for the TD catch if it was intercepted and the refs called it a TD on the field.

this is wrong, two refs called two different things at the exact same time so in that instance it goes to replay to determine who is right.

and just so people know, the ref that called it a touchdown was a JUCO and high school basketball ref and the ref that signaled touch back was a D-1 college football ref

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
speedkilz88;4751029 said:
Some of these guys just don't get sarcasm. Right now Mariuci is on talking about how it was a bad call.
So much for sarcasm, you have one of the NFL AM hosts saying on NFL Network right now that Tate had partial control and that it is not as cut and dried as fans think...unreal

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
rkell87;4751731 said:
this is wrong, two refs called two different things at the exact same time so in that instance it goes to replay to determine who is right.

and just so people know, the ref that called it a touchdown was a JUCO and high school basketball ref and the ref that signaled touch back was a D-1 college football ref

That's not the way it works though. There can't be two official calls made; one has to be made official before going to the replay, and the official call on the field was a touchdown.