MNF showdown: Washington vs Eagles in Philly round 2 game thread

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
This is ridiculous and clear homer bias.

Dude, one QB clearly has a bigger arm and ability to make every throw. You can't teach this, which is why Wentz was a first round pick. If you want to talk about the mental aspect, that's what could separate them, but Wentz clearly has bigger upside and a higher ceiling.

Not admitting this is just ridiculous and you're better than that.

He can throw a ball farther for sure but Jeff George could throw a ball much farther than jeff garcia or joe montana. Its just one part. Your confusing throw a ball farther with ability to make every throw. Dak can and does on a weekly basis make every throw. Dak handles the ball better than wentz but I haven't seen any of the geniuses here point this out. They both have 17 TD's and 4 interceptions.

Both have the same weakness, Accuracy and inexperience.

They have both been great.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Denial, again go look in the mirror vomit a bit and admit it, things will get a lot easier down the road. He’s good
Take off your eagles jersey or go to their forum. He isn't good. Perhaps in the future maybe but until he improved accuracy and gains football IQ he will continue to be a jag with potential

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
We needed 35 points to win not 29. Nobody in their right mind would ever say giving up 28.....34 points is a good defense showing. You are delusional
I would take giving up 28 points defensively to Rodgers all day everyday. You’re delusional if you expect better than that vs Rodgers.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Eagles defense is #1 in TOP, meaning they are best in the league at limiting offenses on the field. Dallas is ..... 27th.

And Philly still hasn't scored as many points as Dallas. Poor Wentz.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He can throw a ball farther for sure but Jeff George could throw a ball much farther than jeff garcia or joe montana. Its just one part. Your confusing throw a ball farther with ability to make every throw. Dak can and does on a weekly basis make every throw. Dak handles the ball better than wentz but I haven't seen any of the geniuses here point this out. They both have 17 TD's and 4 interceptions.

I have said it a few times. I also pointed out Wentz has played in 1 more game then Dak and he needed 4 tds tonight to tie him.

6 games compared

17 Dak
13 Wentz

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Allowing 28 points on D should never be "good enough"
Lol it’s against Rodgers. You guys are delusional. The defense played well enough to win that game. The offense stunk it up in the 2nd half vs the packers. 28 points vs Rogers ? I’d gladly take that with our personnel.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I would take giving up 28 points defensively to Rodgers all day everyday. You’re delusional if you expect better than that vs Rodgers.
How many points did they give up last year at GB? Here's a hint wasn't 28 and Dallas won.

Again you are the only one who thinks giving up 34 points is a good showing.

Stop while you are ahead.....nevermind that ship sailed for the fact you think 34 points given up is somehow Daks fault

SoBlue128

Reaction score
How can anyone say either has a bigger upside right now? They both look incredible.

a nice little gem...lol
Come on Theebs, finding Dak with what he has done in the fourth round is that not a gem? The upside, Wentz can make every throw Dak can make, he can run like Dak , he’s bigger, stronger, a leader and I agree both are good but in you heart of hearts how can you tell yourself Dak has a bigger upside.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
This thread has become ridiculous. Everyone is just digging in and not hearing the opposing view.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Lol it’s against Rodgers. You guys are delusional. The defense played well enough to win that game. The offense stunk it up in the 2nd half vs the packers. 28 points vs Rogers ? I’d gladly take that with our personnel.

You think the Dallas Offense stunk in the fourth quarter against green bay?

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Dak CLEARLY still has issue fitting balls into tight windows. Again, stop being ridiculous - Wentz has more zip he can put on the ball, Dak has an average arm. Outside of poise and leadership, he's not really above average in any category.

Pointing out outliers of the past is really just a dumb thing to do. You get players with higher ceilings may never reach that, but are still naturally more talented than even successful QBs right?

Wentz DOES have higher upside, most scouts saw this, and you can see this when watching him. He is simply a prototypical type of QB, while Dak is part of a group that has failed more often than succeeded.

Whether Wentz meets his potential, we'll have to wait and see. This shouldn't even be an argument - Wentz is simply a more talented QB, and because of that, has higher upside.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
How many points did they give up last year at GB? Here's a hint wasn't 28 and Dallas won.

Again you are the only one who thinks giving up 34 points is a good showing.

Stop while you are ahead.....nevermind that ship sailed for the fact you think 34 points given up is somehow Daks fault
The defense gave up 28 points. It’s not the defenses fault Dak threw a pick 6. Anyone sane would take that vs Rodgers all day everyday. 28 points vs Rodgers without LEE should be good enough to win with our supposed “high powered offense”. Offense came out in 2nd half and layed a stinker.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Come on Theebs, finding Dak with what he has done in the fourth round is that not a gem? The upside, Wentz can make every throw Dak can make, he can run like Dak , he’s bigger, stronger, a leader and I agree both are good but in you heart of hearts how can you tell yourself Dak has a bigger upside.

This should be blatantly obvious.

Just you wait, we'll have the Brady outlier coming here shortly.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

Your just throwing stuff out there? Who said he is stronger? Your creating odd things like leadership, Wentz is a better leader than a 4th round compensatory pick who as a rookie took over for a local legend and never flinched? Really? Leadership is the quality wentz has that Dak doesn't?

ok then. Both are great young players.

As far as upside goes its all about the players around them and what kind of teams they have going forward.

kevm3

Reaction score

because he's been showing it on field? Wentz 'can' make every throw Dak can, but then again Dak can make every throw that Wentz can. Dak also fumbles a lot less and is typically calmer under pressure. Put up 4 more touchdowns in the same amount of games. Wentz is taller, but he's not bigger than Dak. Dak is 240 lbs while being 3 inches shorter. Dak has every bit, if not more upside as Wentz.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Take off your eagles jersey or go to their forum. He isn't good. Perhaps in the future maybe but until he improved accuracy and gains football IQ he will continue to be a jag with potential

Take off your blue colored glasses and just because we don’t share the same koolaid your sipping doesn’t make me less of a Cowboys fan. I have physically missed one game live in the stadium in the last ten years win or lose so don’t try and pull my Cowboy Card