**MNF TV SITUATION**

irvin88

Reaction score
The Giants-Saints game, driven from New Orleans by Hurricane Katrina, will be played as part of a nationally televised doubleheader starting at 7:30 p.m. EDT on Monday, Sept. 19.

The game, already moved to the Giants' home in the New Jersey Meadowlands, will begin on ABC, then be switched to ESPN at 9 p.m., when ABC goes to the regularly scheduled game between Washington and Dallas in Irving, Texas. In New York and Louisiana, as well as other parts of the Gulf Coast, ABC will continue to carry the Giants-Saints game, switching to Commanders-Cowboys when the Saints game ends.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
what? I'm seriously confused

ok answer me this please:

I live in Dallas. yes or no, will I get to watch the entire Commander/Cowboy game on ABC?

Hoods

Reaction score
SupermanXx said:

I live in Dallas. yes or no, will I get to watch the entire Commander/Cowboy game on ABC?

Yes. It's people in New York/ Jersey and hurricane-affected areas that have to worry.

Vman

Reaction score
Cowboys, Saints to share MNF

11:01 PM CDT on Monday, September 5, 2005

Associated Press

NEW YORK – The Giants-Saints game, driven from New Orleans by Hurricane Katrina, will be played as part of a nationally televised doubleheader starting at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 19.

The game, already moved to the Giants' home in the New Jersey Meadowlands, will begin on Ch. 8, then be switched to ESPN at 8 p.m., when Ch. 8 goes to the regularly scheduled game between Washington and the Cowboys at Texas Stadium in Irving. In New York and Louisiana, as well as other parts of the Gulf Coast, ABC will continue to carry the Giants-Saints game, switching to Commanders-Cowboys when the Saints game ends.

The NFL said fund-raising efforts for hurricane relief will be intertwined in the telecasts of both games.

Monday was the logical choice because the Meadowlands is playing host to a soccer game Saturday, Sept. 17 and the New York Jets play Miami on Sunday.

The Saints are still waiting for a decision where they'll play the remaining seven games scheduled for the Superdome. The candidates are LSU's Tiger Stadium, the team's overwhelming choice; the Alamodome in San Antonio, where the Saints are living and practicing; or being on the road for all 16 games.

The scheduling does not totally satisfy the other NFC East teams because the Giants get an extra home game from the switch.

"I'd be smart not to comment on that," Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said Monday.

The Cowboys are so looking forward to having the national attention on Sept. 19 that they've scheduled the Ring of Honor induction of Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin for halftime of that game.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
sucks for Cowboys fans in NY area and the coastal region that'll get the Saints/Giants game. I at least hope in those areas that they will put the Cowboys/Skins game on ESPN.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Well, we here in DC will only see 30 minutes of the Giants game because Commanders pregame runs from 8 to 9. :-(

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
I live in Jersey. What the hell am I supposed to do now? ESPN should show the Dallas game in the NY/NJ area starting at 9 and then do the switch if it needs to when the Giants game ends on ABC. First they get an extra home game (nonsense - there were other solutions) then they screw with my ability to watch the Cowboys. I know it's not the Giants fault, but I hate them more than ever now.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
This sucks for us here in the NY area...Will the Dallas game be on ESPN in our area ?

Martice

Reaction score
Hoods said:
Yes. It's people in New York/ Jersey and hurricane-affected areas that have to worry.

I'm worried. Very worried! They have to come to a better conclusion than the above mentioned.

cwboy1

Reaction score
BIGDen said:
I live in Jersey. What the hell am I supposed to do now? ESPN should show the Dallas game in the NY/NJ area starting at 9 and then do the switch if it needs to when the Giants game ends on ABC. First they get an extra home game (nonsense - there were other solutions) then they screw with my ability to watch the Cowboys. I know it's not the Giants fault, but I hate them more than ever now.

The Giants, NO game will be switched to espn and the Boys game will be on ABC at its regular time. Don't worry be happy. :laugh2:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
THE ENTIRE COUNTRY WILL SEE THE DALLAS GAME!!

The Saints game will move to ESPN when the Boys kickoff.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
jterrell said:
THE ENTIRE COUNTRY WILL SEE THE DALLAS GAME!!

The Saints game will move to ESPN when the Boys kickoff.

What about this quote from above ???

"In New York and Louisiana, as well as other parts of the Gulf Coast, ABC will continue to carry the Giants-Saints game, switching to Commanders-Cowboys when the Saints game ends."

Martice

Reaction score
Jarv said:
What about this quote from above ???

"In New York and Louisiana, as well as other parts of the Gulf Coast, ABC will continue to carry the Giants-Saints game, switching to Commanders-Cowboys when the Saints game ends."

:puke: :puke:

:suxjints: :jints:

djmajestik

Reaction score
What I got from it: ABC will stay with Gints-Aints, ESPN will then have Boys. Am I right? By the way, DirectTV to setup my Sunday Ticket tomorrow, cannot wait to see all the Boys games (stuck in Bills land).

!!!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
SupermanXx said:

Giants game comes on earlier that monday, as soon as the Dallas game comes on ABC will switch to the Cowboys game and the Giants game will then move to ESPN. Don't worry this is not going to effect the Cowboys game aginst the skins at all.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jord1242 said:
What I got from it: ABC will stay with Gints-Aints, ESPN will then have Boys. Am I right? By the way, DirectTV to setup my Sunday Ticket tomorrow, cannot wait to see all the Boys games (stuck in Bills land).

!!!!!

No ABC will start off with the Giants game which will take place about 1 hour earlier. Once Dallas game comes on at 8:00 cent. time the Giants game will be moved to ESPN. Cowboys will be on ABC.

md2005

Reaction score
I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH NFL HEADQUARTERS AND ITS OFFICIAL....IF YOU

LIVE IN THE NEW YORK METRO REGION YOUR MISSING THE COWBOYS Commander GAME

MONDAY NIGHTSEPT 19 !!!......HERES THE STORY (WHICH I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING

VERY CLOSELY),,,,,,,,,THEY MOVED THE SAINTS /GAME TO THAT MONDAY NIGHT AS

WELL...IT WILL START NATIONALLY AT 7:30.....AT 9..THE ENTIRE COUNTRY WILL

MOVE TO THE Commander COWBOY GAME "EXCEPT IN NEW YORK AND LOUISANA"......AT 9

ESPN WILL SHOW THE GIANT/ SAINT TO THE REST OF COUNTRY..........BOTTOM LINE

IF YOU LIVE IN NY OR LOUISANA YOU WILL HAVE THE GIANT GAME ON BOTH

STATIONS.......ABC WILL MOVE TO THE Commander/BOYS GAME AFTER THE GIANT GAME

HAS ENDED......WHICH WILL BE AROUND MID 3RD QUARTER!!!!!!......THIS IS A

TRAVESTY!!!!!!......AND ITS BEEN CONFIRMED WITH NFL JUST NOW.......PLEASE

CALL 212 450 2000 NFL HEADQUARTERS...AND ASK FOR PUBLIC

RELATIONS............PASS THIS ON TO PEOPLE WHO CARE

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
No ABC will start off with the Giants game which will take place about 1 hour earlier. Once Dallas game comes on at 8:00 cent. time the Giants game will be moved to ESPN. Cowboys will be on ABC.

Except in the NY market, where I am.

That is why we are wondering if the Dallas-Skins game will be on ESPN ?

My guess is that in the NY market, the Giants game will be on both ESPN and ABC and us Dallas fans in NY will be SOL...

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
md2005 said:
I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH NFL HEADQUARTERS AND ITS OFFICIAL....IF YOU

LIVE IN THE NEW YORK METRO REGION YOUR MISSING THE COWBOYS Commander GAME

MONDAY NIGHTSEPT 19 !!!......HERES THE STORY (WHICH I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING

VERY CLOSELY),,,,,,,,,THEY MOVED THE SAINTS /GAME TO THAT MONDAY NIGHT AS

WELL...IT WILL START NATIONALLY AT 7:30.....AT 9..THE ENTIRE COUNTRY WILL

MOVE TO THE Commander COWBOY GAME "EXCEPT IN NEW YORK AND LOUISANA"......AT 9

ESPN WILL SHOW THE GIANT/ SAINT TO THE REST OF COUNTRY..........BOTTOM LINE

IF YOU LIVE IN NY OR LOUISANA YOU WILL HAVE THE GIANT GAME ON BOTH

STATIONS.......ABC WILL MOVE TO THE Commander/BOYS GAME AFTER THE GIANT GAME

HAS ENDED......WHICH WILL BE AROUND MID 3RD QUARTER!!!!!!......THIS IS A

TRAVESTY!!!!!!......AND ITS BEEN CONFIRMED WITH NFL JUST NOW.......PLEASE

CALL 212 450 2000 NFL HEADQUARTERS...AND ASK FOR PUBLIC

RELATIONS............PASS THIS ON TO PEOPLE WHO CARE

I care and this sucks !

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jarv said:
Except in the NY market, where I am.

That is why we are wondering if the Dallas-Skins game will be on ESPN ?

My guess is that in the NY market, the Giants game will be on both ESPN and ABC and us Dallas fans in NY will be SOL...

I doubt they will have the same game on ABC and ESPN. As we know ABC owns ESPN and they are will not broadcast the same game on both channels. Or at least I have never seen them do this in the past when a game that was cancelled and played on a Monday night opposite of MNF.