**MNF TV SITUATION**

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I just got a call back from ESPN...Good news for the CT folks anyhow. Channel 8 (Hartford ABC) will have the Cowboys game. Only NY (Channel 7) ABC will stay with the Giants game. Where I am in CT I get both NY and Hartford ABC, so I'm cool.

I asked about NY ABC for my fellow fans in NY, they said they are looking at it.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Could ya'll save your hissy fits until Monday, September 19. (LOL)

dpf1123

Reaction score
Jarv said:
I just got a call back from ESPN...Good news for the CT folks anyhow. Channel 8 (Hartford ABC) will have the Cowboys game. Only NY (Channel 7) ABC will stay with the Giants game. Where I am in CT I get both NY and Hartford ABC, so I'm cool.

I asked about NY ABC for my fellow fans in NY, they said they are looking at it.

I'd love to know if you hear about a solution. I don't know why they didn't figure they'd end up ticking some group of people off. If they'd just allow both games to be shown in all areas, then everyone is happy.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Sportsbabe said:

You might feel differently babe if you lived in NYC...

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Jarv said:
You might feel differently babe if you lived in NYC...

I know, I know. I was just twisting the knife a little bit. I'm a basket case when I can't see a preseason game, nonetheless if I were getting shafted for a Deadskins v. Cowboys, Monday Nighter.

Reed

Reaction score
I'm at school at syracuse, they shouldnt be playing the giants game here should they? it is bills country, even though they are very few bills fans around here.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Sportsbabe said:

No. Then it's too late.
I'm up in the NYC area and I just took one up the poop chute.

Maybe something like that does not bother you.
But it does me.
:starspin :shootme: :abuseme: NFL office - :yousuck:

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
This is a copy of the email I received from WKBW the ABC affiliate in Buffalo.

In order to help in the Hurricane Katrina relief efforts, ESPN, ABC Network
and the NFL have agreed to televise the Saints vs Giants game, originally
scheduled to play Sunday, September 18 in N. O. Superdome, on Monday night
September 19 at 7:30pm ET on ABC Ch7. At 9pm the game will switch to ESPN.
At 9pm, ABC will carry the originally scheduled Commanders vs Dallas.
I hope this answers your question.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Reed said:
I'm at school at syracuse, they shouldnt be playing the giants game here should they? it is bills country, even though they are very few bills fans around here.

ESPN called me back to let me know the scoop. Only the ABC affiliate in NYC (Channel 7 here on cabelvision) will be playing the Giant game all night.

Anywhere outside of that market will get the Dallas game. I specifically asked about the Hartford, CT ABC affiliate and they said they would be playing the Dallas game (Ironically about 20 miles from Bristol, CT...Home of ESPN).

From what I was told (but don't hold me too it :))...You should be fine unless you get ABC local from NYC.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Longboysfan said:
No. Then it's too late.
I'm up in the NYC area and I just took one up the poop chute.

I was just playing with ya'll. If you get my name included in your preliminary Elimination Game list then I'll take back everything I said.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
jord1242 said:
Legends,

Thanks! Looks like we will be ok then!!

Being from Olean you would probably get the same affiliate right? WKBW?

If so then your have the same worries as me. Let's hope this answer I received is final.

Martice

Reaction score
I HATE THE ****** GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really hurt by not having the whole game on Monday.

Oh no! I'm getting that gloomy feeling again. :storm:

My chest is starting to pound and I'm feeling sick. :blech:

I can't take it. I'M LOSING IT!!!!!! :cry3: :cry2:

My head is about to EXPLODE!!!!! :explode:

Cowboy Football is a powerful drug....

Texas33

Reaction score
If the saints where playing any team other than a NY team the game would have been in LA. Its the NFL at it's worst claiming to be doing what's right.
dead on

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jarv said:
ESPN called me back to let me know the scoop. Only the ABC affiliate in NYC (Channel 7 here on cabelvision) will be playing the Giant game all night.

Anywhere outside of that market will get the Dallas game. I specifically asked about the Hartford, CT ABC affiliate and they said they would be playing the Dallas game (Ironically about 20 miles from Bristol, CT...Home of ESPN).

From what I was told (but don't hold me too it :))...You should be fine unless you get ABC local from NYC.

This means I'm screwed.

Frikken lovely!

ThursdayRockNJ

Reaction score
I live in Jersey and I just called the NFL headquarters. The lady told me that they were in a meeting as we spoke trying to resolve the issue and get both games because the league knows how much they will anger the Commanders and cowboys fans. She said they will know for sure in 24 hours what will happen. I'm praying because I can't miss our Ring of Honor Induction.

djmajestik

Reaction score
Exactly, that is my affiliate. It sounds like per your email that we are ok, correct? Man, this sort of thing sux, especially when you dish out all that money to get "EVERY" game but can't get "EVERY" game. I understand blackout crap (here it is just Buffalo, so I really don't care) but this sort of thing bugs me (as well as a lot of other fans).

Thanks for the info!