**MNF TV SITUATION**

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
ChldsPlay said:
sucks for Cowboys fans in NY area

thats me and I am very concerned. I pay $250 to get every nfl game. I can see the Texans play the Cardinals or some junk like that but I have to miss the best rivalry in football and the triplets induction?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jarv said:
Except in the NY market, where I am.

That is why we are wondering if the Dallas-Skins game will be on ESPN ?

My guess is that in the NY market, the Giants game will be on both ESPN and ABC and us Dallas fans in NY will be SOL...

Here is the deal, sorry it appears you will miss some of the Dallas game!!!

The Giants-Saints game, driven from New Orleans by Hurricane Katrina, will be played as part of a nationally televised doubleheader starting at 7:30 p.m. EDT on Monday, Sept. 19.

The game, already moved to the Giants' home in the New Jersey Meadowlands, will begin on ABC, then be switched to ESPN at 9 p.m., when ABC goes to the regularly scheduled game between Washington and Dallas in Irving, Texas. In New York and Louisiana, as well as other parts of the Gulf Coast, ABC will continue to carry the Giants-Saints game, switching to Commanders-Cowboys when the Saints game ends.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Here is the deal, sorry it appears you will miss some of the Dallas game!!!

The Giants-Saints game, driven from New Orleans by Hurricane Katrina, will be played as part of a nationally televised doubleheader starting at 7:30 p.m. EDT on Monday, Sept. 19.

The game, already moved to the Giants' home in the New Jersey Meadowlands, will begin on ABC, then be switched to ESPN at 9 p.m., when ABC goes to the regularly scheduled game between Washington and Dallas in Irving, Texas. In New York and Louisiana, as well as other parts of the Gulf Coast, ABC will continue to carry the Giants-Saints game, switching to Commanders-Cowboys when the Saints game ends.

Yep, thought so...How much do you want to bet the Giants game goes into overtime too...Al Micheals would love that just to keep us off the air.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jarv said:
Yep, thought so...How much do you want to bet the Giants game goes into overtime too...Al Micheals would love that just to keep us off the air.

Al Micheals does not have a say in this and chances are he will be calling the Cowboys game with Madden since Dallas is the scheduled game for MNF.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I just hope that because the Saints are based in San Antonio, and there are so many displaced people from NO here iin town, they don't decide to block the Cowboys game like we were part of NO.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Ok, this is probably one of the only times Cowboys and Skins fans agree on the same thing. Here is a post from on of the threads at ES that gives us link to email and complain.

I hope you will join us and send emails, even if you are getting the game. Please stand behind you fellow fans who live in NY metro or LA area who want to see the Cowboys Skins game.

Here you guys go, contacts for ABC, ESPN and the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tv...ge=askabcsports

http://www.nfl.com/help/emailtech

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Our three networks here in NE Texas are all Louisiana-based...

If they pre-empt the Cowboy game I will be slightly less than happy...

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
This is unfair for a lot more reasons than this. First and foremost in my mind is the Giants getting an extra home game. This game should be played as close to NO as possible no as far away as possible. If the saints where playing any team other than a NY team the game would have been in LA. Its the NFL at it's worst claiming to be doing what's right.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jarv said:
Ok, this is probably one of the only times Cowboys and Skins fans agree on the same thing. Here is a post from on of the threads at ES that gives us link to email and complain.

I hope you will join us and send emails, even if you are getting the game. Please stand behind you fellow fans who live in NY metro or LA area who want to see the Cowboys Skins game.

You got it.

calico

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
This is unfair for a lot more reasons than this. First and foremost in my mind is the Giants getting an extra home game. This game should be played as close to NO as possible no as far away as possible. If the saints where playing any team other than a NY team the game would have been in LA. Its the NFL at it's worst claiming to be doing what's right.

I agree with you on that one. They should play the game in SA or take Houston's offer of their stadium.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I still don't get why the game is in New York. I can't believe there isn't an alternative site for the game to be played even on a Monday night.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I still don't get why the game is in New York. I can't believe there isn't an alternative site for the game to be played even on a Monday night.

It also means the Giants get an extra home game this season.

dpf1123

Reaction score
Jarv said:

Thanks. I've submitted a complaint. Not likely to do any good.

I also pay for ESPN Game Plan on Directv. I went to Penn State, my brother went to Michigan. Courtesy of Tivo, we could watch both games at the same time (3:30 Saturday) or so we thought. Because the OK-TCU game and the Michigan State blowout ran long, we missed most of the first quarter of both of those games.

I have no idea why I pay $400 a year to watch whatever pro and college game I choose.

This MNF debacle is worse than when the Giants game runs long and they delay showing the start of the Boys in NY. Must have happened three or four times last season.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
I wrote ESPN and suggested they carry the Cowboys/Commanders game in New York and Louisiana while ABC carries the Saints/Giants game.

And why the heck do the Giants get an extra home game? What was wrong with San Antonio or some college stadium nearer to Louisiana than New York?

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Directv subscribers have to rely upon the network feeds for the Monday Night games

fweegy

Reaction score
From www.nfl.com:

Giants-Saints game rescheduled

NFL.com wire reports

(Sept. 5, 2005) -- The New Orleans Saints' game against the New York Giants in Week 2 of the NFL regular season will be played on Monday night, Sept. 19 as part of an unprecedented Monday Night Football doubleheader designed to highlight the national Hurricane Katrina relief effort, NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue announced.

The game had originally been scheduled to be played in New Orleans on Sept. 18. Due to the devastation in Louisiana caused by Hurricane Katrina and the magnitude of the challenges in the relief and recovery effort in Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas and elsewhere in the region, the NFL announced last week that the game would be played at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

The rescheduled game will kick off at 7:30 p.m. ET on ABC-TV. At 9 p.m. ET -- at the kickoff of the regularly scheduled Washington at Dallas game on ABC -- the Saints-Giants telecast will be switched to ESPN in all markets except New York, Louisiana and selected hurricane-affected areas, which will continue to see the game on ABC until its conclusion. Those ABC stations then will go to the Washington-Dallas game.

"We appreciate the leadership of ABC and ESPN in helping us turn this particular Monday night into far more than a primetime football doubleheader, making it part of the overall Gulf Coast relief effort," said Commissioner Tagliabue. "The New Orleans Saints know the importance of rising to help meet the Gulf Coast's extraordinary challenges, and we salute them, too."

There will be fundraising efforts intertwined with the telecasts of both the Saints-Giants and Commanders-Cowboys games. ABC and ESPN will devote other parts of their programming that day to promoting the evening telecasts and the relief efforts.