Moderation - why threads dissapear?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
What is the deal w/ all the heavy handed moderation lately? I love this place as much as anyone but some of the mods act like they are hovering over the "CLOSED" button.

I dont know how many threads Ive seen completely dissapear the past week or so.

I undestand that you have to have some moderation. The key is SOME here folks.

You are squelching the community w/ your heavy handed censorship. This is off-topic and is not religion nor is it political. I would like to see how the community feels about this subject?

I do however think that this too will be closed within a few moments. I just dont get it.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would help if you would specify what threads you are referring to. Most of the time, threads are not deleted, they are simply moved to their appropriate forums. This is definitely the case once a thread drops to page 2, 3 or 4 in the main forum since most people only read the first page in the main forum.

That being said, if you will give examples of what threads are missing, I or one of the other moderators will be glad to figure out what happened to them.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Dallas said:
What is the deal w/ all the heavy handed moderation lately? I love this place as much as anyone but some of the mods act like they are hovering over the "CLOSED" button.

I dont know how many threads Ive seen completely dissapear the past week or so.

I undestand that you have to have some moderation. The key is SOME here folks.

You are squelching the community w/ your heavy handed censorship. This is off-topic and is not religion nor is it political. I would like to see how the community feels about this subject?

I do however think that this too will be closed within a few moments. I just dont get it.

It was closed shortly after a very long drawn out debate on Christianity with several of the mods.

I schooled them so bad that they banned the subject of Religion. :D

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Reality said:
It would help if you would specify what threads you are referring to. Most of the time, threads are not deleted, they are simply moved to their appropriate forums. This is definitely the case once a thread drops to page 2, 3 or 4 in the main forum since most people only read the first page in the main forum.

That being said, if you will give examples of what threads are missing, I or one of the other moderators will be glad to figure out what happened to them.

Hello Reality,

Specifically, why is Religion and Politics banned as a discussion from this website...while other off topic discussions such as homosexuality are not ?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
It was closed shortly after a very long drawn out debate on Christianity with several of the mods.

I schooled them so bad that they banned the subject of Religion. :D

I didn't see any mods join in the religious discussion at all...

Just a couple of warnings for those over the line...

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Reality -

I cant find the actual thread I am refering to. It was on the subject of homosexuality and those in the sports community coming out of the closet. I think Swoops was the leading subject in the beginning. Im not to up to snuff on the search engine of Zone so Im not finding it. I might be overlooking it. This is just one for now.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
trickblue said:

Why is there a line in the Off-Topic forum ?

Those not wanting to read it can stick to the Zone.

trickblue

Reaction score
Dallas said:
Reality -

I cant find the actual thread I am refering to. It was on the subject of homosexuality and those in the sports community coming out of the closet. I think Swoops was the leading subject in the beginning. Im not to up to snuff on the search engine of Zone so Im not finding it. I might be overlooking it. This is just one for now.

Still where it was when I started it...

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39063

trickblue

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
Why is there a line in the Off-Topic forum ?

Those not wanting to read it can stick to the Zone.

We debated many months over this...

The problem is that in the Political Zone and other controversial threads, members were carrying their frustration with other posters into the main forum...

Hoov

Reaction score
the problem is that some people could not debate without nasty insults, so religious and political discussions were to be saved for another website, the political zone.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Hoov said:
the problem is that some people could not debate without nasty insults, so religious and political discussions were to be saved for another website, the political zone.

Ding Ding Ding - we have a winner !!

Mike 1967

Reaction score
trickblue said:

It was an old religion thread.

You changed your icon to the current one during it.

Remember..."I am your father" :D

Mike 1967

Reaction score
:D :D
Hoov said:

Then I have a question

Why aren't all the discussions moved

More times than not, debates get personnal...wether they are tied to religion, politics..or the skill level of the current starting QB :)

trickblue

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
It was an old religion thread.

You changed your icon to the current one during it.

Remember..."I am your father" :D

Geez... you have a memory like my wife... :D

Mike 1967

Reaction score
trickblue said:
We debated many months over this...

The problem is that in the Political Zone and other controversial threads, members were carrying their frustration with other posters into the main forum...

You mean the main forum where people voice thier frustation with other posters over football related topics ?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Hoov said:
But the thread we are all talking about stayed pretty civil, all things considered.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Geez... you have a memory like my wife... :D

Having a wife of my own....I will defitely take that as a compliment

But I can only wish that my memory were that good :D

trickblue

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
You mean the main forum where people voice thier frustation with other posters over football related topics ?

yep... but football is what is supposed to be cussed/discussed in the main forum...

Shots at people's political persuasions or religious beliefs is not...

and believe me... we were catching and getting reports about many more than you can imagine...

Mike 1967

Reaction score
trickblue said:
yep... but football is what is supposed to be cussed/discussed in the main forum...

Shots at people's political persuasions or religious beliefs is not...

and believe me... we were catching and getting reports about many more than you can imagine...

Okay....i think I am getting the picture..tell me if I am correct

Politics and Religion were not moved because of any issue with the level of frustration...or the topic....they were moved because

(1) People could not keep Religion and Politics (Banned in Austin) in the area's that they belonged

-and-

(2) There were a lot more complaints on these two topics than there were about any other topics

Is that correct ?

trickblue

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
Okay....i think I am getting the picture..tell me if I am correct

Politics and Religion were not moved because of any issue with the level of frustration...or the topic....they were moved because

(1) People could not keep Religion and Politics (Banned in Austin) in the area's that they belonged

-and-

(2) There were a lot more complaints on these two topics than there were about any other topics

Is that correct ?

It was more than one person... and yes... we would get many complaints...